PDA

View Full Version : Mission Editor issue

ajwpc
03-28-2004, 05:02 PM
I am trying to follow the Sandbox documentation to create a simple single player mission.
Following the walkthroughs in the manual v1.0, I get to the section outlining how to create your mission and edit the mission events.
However, when it asks me to hit the 'Edit' button in the Mission Properties Window, nothing happens.
I have my .lua listed in the script window, I have the three methods listed (Finish, OnInit and OnUpdate), my events window is empty.
Hitting 'Edit' does absolutely nothing.
After a quick read of the message board, I cannot see anyone else having this issue.
BTW my Sandbox version is version 1.0.1230.
It says Sandbox (tm) Beta on the main window bar. Is there a later version?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

ajwpc

ajwpc
03-28-2004, 05:02 PM
I am trying to follow the Sandbox documentation to create a simple single player mission.
Following the walkthroughs in the manual v1.0, I get to the section outlining how to create your mission and edit the mission events.
However, when it asks me to hit the 'Edit' button in the Mission Properties Window, nothing happens.
I have my .lua listed in the script window, I have the three methods listed (Finish, OnInit and OnUpdate), my events window is empty.
Hitting 'Edit' does absolutely nothing.
After a quick read of the message board, I cannot see anyone else having this issue.
BTW my Sandbox version is version 1.0.1230.
It says Sandbox (tm) Beta on the main window bar. Is there a later version?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

ajwpc

Xannon_Jin
03-28-2004, 07:36 PM
I have mostly the same problem.

To edit the scripts, you must either have ultraedit, or change the script editor by going to Tools,Preferences,General Settings, Files:
and changing uedit32.exe to notepad.exe or whatever.

I have the same version on this machine (1.0.1230) and 1.1.251 on the other machine due to the 1.1 patch. For reasons discussed elsewhere, I am unable to install the 1.1 patch on my main machine.

When I try to create a level script, by going into mission properties, and hitting create, it produces an error:

Unable to execute script '(mypath\level.lua)' Check syntax! Script not loaded.

Obviously I didn't mess with that script. Sandbox created it by itself, and is unable to use it.

This bug is present on the other machine with the 1.1 patch as well.
I also have the AI equipment pack bug on both machines.

ajwpc
03-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Thanks!
That has solved it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now I shall try and make the changes listed in the walkthough and finish my first single player level.

The "Unable to execute Script '(mypath\level.lua)' Check syntax! Script not loaded." error happens for me too. The manual says browse and load in the .lua file again to load it in error free.