PDA

View Full Version : How many ppl play online?

Turd_of_Doom
01-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Is pacific fighters a good game for multiplay? Im considering getting it for multiplayer but does any one ever play on it? And if so whats a estimate of how many players do?

Turd_of_Doom
01-29-2005, 10:24 AM
bump, dont see my post

BenQ-the-Hawk
01-29-2005, 10:29 AM
good for multiplay!

georgeo76
01-29-2005, 11:39 AM
The whole IL2 series is awesome for online dogfights and cooperative missions. However, most of us are running the merged version: that's Forgotten Battles + Ace Expansion Pack + Pacific Fighters. So, If you go online w/ only the Pacific Fighters Stand alone, you may be disappointed @ the # of available servers.

While it may seem expensive to buy all three games, remember that the older two are available @ a discount. And since w/ them you'll have access to tons more aircraft, ships, objects, vehicles, and maps, it's worth it.

Latico
01-29-2005, 11:39 AM
You will only be able to fly multi-player with other PF standalone players. Most simmers though, are running the FB/AEP/PF merged, so currently it is hard to find a stand alone game. But that may change in time.

KRISTORF
01-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Judging by how full Hyper Lobby gets, I would say a whole load of people go online to enjoy the game to its fullest.

Turd_of_Doom
01-29-2005, 02:00 PM
arggg, i just bought the game, so for 20 dollars i can get the regualer and expansion? my question is, how many total servers are there to choose from? and how many total ppl play? i dont know if its worth it or not.

x__CRASH__x
01-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Hyperlobby just got bumped up for it's player limit. It was getting full at 998 players all the time, especially on the weekends. But thats for merged versions mainly.

So, to answer your questions:

It's fantastic for online multiplay.

Several thousand people fly the game online, more than 1000 at a time on occasion.

madsarmy
01-29-2005, 02:08 PM
At this very moment 644 players in game on hyperlobby. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You can download HyperLobby from here then you can get some idea

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/index.php

x__CRASH__x
01-29-2005, 03:56 PM
1014 a few hours ago.

lucas_valentine
01-29-2005, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turd_of_Doom:
Is pacific fighters a good game for multiplay? Im considering getting it for multiplayer but does any one ever play on it? And if so whats a estimate of how many players do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT???? You mean you can play this game offline too??? Wow, learn something everyday, lol.

Turd_of_Doom
01-29-2005, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lucas_valentine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turd_of_Doom:
Is pacific fighters a good game for multiplay? Im considering getting it for multiplayer but does any one ever play on it? And if so whats a estimate of how many players do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT???? You mean you can play this game offline too??? Wow, learn something everyday, lol. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice sarcastic joke, so ******ed i cant even understand it

HotelBushranger
01-30-2005, 02:52 AM
Turd of Doom. Watta name.