PDA

View Full Version : Ju-88 Stuka question

simets
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I recently started playing IL-2 and my favorite plane is Stuka. I play a dynamic campaign and I'm getting a lot of "destroy any vehicles" missions. And this is the problem: The successful dive attack have to be made from above 3500m (or feet, I'm not sure), but at that altitude I CAN NOT see vehicles. The only way I can do some damage is low flight, locating vehicles, and then strafing run and engaging with my guns. Is there any way to overcome this problem or is it supposed to be like this? (Btw, other Stukas in my squadron don't seem to have this problem Smile

Low_Flyer_MkVb
07-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Welcome!

Look through the window in the floor of your cockpit. Use Delete key (default) to zoom in your view, if required.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/LFMkVb/il2fb2007-07-0223-16-12-60.jpg

Spot target. Could be a bit of a challenge, that one.

Invert your kite and dive.

Or press F7 (default) to place nearest enemy ground object in centre of screen on external view, if you want an easier start, assuming you have externals enabled in difficulty settings.

Hope it helps.

Skarphol
07-02-2007, 04:34 PM
And, in adition to what Low_Flyer says, you can manage a good dive attack from much lower than 3500m. 1000m should be enough for a quick dive. They do not need to be absolutely vertical either, the hit-rate is fairly good with an 80² dive.

Skarphol