PDA

View Full Version : Love the game.... but this is driving me nuts

coreservers
05-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi.
As in my previous post i'm new to the game, although I used to play silent service etc years ago.
The one thing that I'm really getting annoyed about is the constant "having to move the crew around". also the time taken to reload the tubes. I just cannot get them reloaded. any tips???

Blue_Ninja63
05-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi,

Try the no_fatigue mod at http://u-boot.realsimulation.com for ease of crew management and for torpedo loading make sure you have an officer placed in the torpedo section as well as at least one torpedo man (PO with torped icon) and then as many PO's (Petty Officers) as you can spare then also regular seamen (the white guys) the more crew in place the less time it takes to load but balance this with other boat needs. Remember, you can't load torpedoes or do repairs if you are rigged for silent running.

hope this helps..regards,

J_Weaver
05-26-2006, 09:20 AM
If thats the not fatigue mod that I have it doesn't completely stop fatigue, but it does slow it down to a much, much more managable and realistic rate.

As said above you need at least one qualified torpedo-man in the compartment. But the more the better.

Good hunting! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Sabastian_Healy
05-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Something I do, is arrange the crew as soon as I am cleared port. Then wth a higher time compression {526+} the crew does not get automatically fatigued when traveling to the assigned patrol grid. I then drop to 1/4 speed and plot the patrol search grid i want to use. I try to advoid trunning the ship at +32 time compression often, try keeping it either at 1 {during combat} or a higher compression in the middle of the augy{ocean}.

Cheers

mwestman
05-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Just turn fatigue off using SH3 Comander. I tried using some of the fatigue mods, but finally just turned it off. It wonderfully removes the tediousness of the game.

Tontoman666
05-26-2006, 07:05 PM
About the torps, the speed also depends on your gameplay settings. To increase your realism score, torps load closer to/at (not sure) historical times, so it depends on what option you pick. With historical, you get one shot per tube on your engagement as on historical load times, even with perfect effiencency it takes 7+ min per tube. So you usually have to break off, reload, and plan to where to engage again for another run.

You also don't reload while quiet running and of course you can't load your externals until you surface.

T.