PDA

View Full Version : In-game recognition manual problem..

blue_76
03-17-2005, 09:08 PM
ok, after playing the game with auto-targeting.. which was much like telling your mom to cook. i decided to test the manual torpedoe launch.. but i can't even get started because the recognition manual only has several warships on there.. no merchants! am i going insane or is this a bug? maybe i'm missing something here.. but as i click the little arrows left and right all i get is a loop of several warships and nothing else! anyone esle has this problem?

U1980
03-17-2005, 09:17 PM
I know what you mean, Blue. In my first patrol, all engagements were carried out without confirmed target ID. The first kill I figured was hostile when I saw the deck gun go off. The second one of my officers made a big deal about us being sighted. The last, I just let loose a spread of eels - it was the biggest target to come across my bow, and I wasn't about to let it go.

Has anyone found the merchies in the manuals?

OKane77
03-17-2005, 09:22 PM
OK guys when you first hit the book and it shows you the outside of the rec manual (front cover) there are arrows near the right hand bottom corner hope this helps

Giantsfan24
03-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Its the one just above US

blue_76
03-17-2005, 09:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OKane77:
OK guys when you first hit the book and it shows you the outside of the rec manual (front cover) there are arrows near the right hand bottom corner hope this helps <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm i'll give this a try! thanks!

stevenwhiting
03-17-2005, 09:47 PM
I don't understand or read German but eventually found them.

See the 2 arrows bottom right corner of the manual. Click the top one Handelsschifee, thats where all the merchant ships are.

U1980
03-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Handelsschifee, huh? Thanks for the German lesson.

blue_76
03-17-2005, 09:59 PM
yes, those two small arrows at the bottom right hand corner of the rec man are the selections for the different nationalities and types of vessels..
thanks for your help! got the merchant on my first shot! its pure joy to do it on your own. 100% realism is the way to go http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

stevenwhiting
03-17-2005, 10:08 PM
The TDC screen just scares the **** out of me. Looks to complicated so I leave it to the AI. Maybe one day, I'll be brave enough to do manual targeting.

Frederf220
03-17-2005, 10:45 PM
The auto target always seems to miss behind the stern. With manual input I end up with more hits than normal.

Now I just need to find this tool that measures range and speed. I know you're supposed to compare ticks on the scope with the known height of mast... but I can't find this tool (german name) you enter it in.

phapponen
03-18-2005, 12:02 AM
a hint to ubi for the next patch
the recog manual needs to be FASTER
browsing with single arrow buttons is very slow, and you would want to keep the scope up the shortest time possible
there should be a button that popped out a dropdown menu(tm) which had the different manuals listed there

also, PLEASE allow manual entering of target data
my physical recognition manual is completely useless
if this IS possible however.. could somebody tell me how?

Frederf220
03-18-2005, 01:51 PM
I think the recog manual needs to respond to the keyboard is all. I could flip through it fast if say the arrow keys turned pages.

There's a switch above the manual input knobs, allows entering of data manually. You'll see the backlight on the dails at the very bottom go on/off when the switch is hit.

vodkaphile
03-18-2005, 02:11 PM
even if your german isnt up to par the fact that kreigsmarine = navy and all have this except for handelsschifee should have clued you in.:P