PDA

View Full Version : Big Monitor Makes Big Difference...

Treetop64
03-31-2007, 11:13 PM
...in my abiilty to shoot acurately.

Just got a VeiwSonic 22" widescreen flat display. I got it because I was getting just a bit tired of peering at my old 17" monitor. Besides, it was probably tired of working because things were getting a bit blurrier over time.

Anyway, along with the "larger than life" images I now enjoy (once the display settings in the .ini file were properly configured) I noticed that my marksmanship increased sharply as well. I don't know if was because I was so happy with my new toy, or if the larger images makes it easier to shoot.

An example of the good side of the law of unexpected consequences.

Treetop64
03-31-2007, 11:13 PM
...in my abiilty to shoot acurately.

Just got a VeiwSonic 22" widescreen flat display. I got it because I was getting just a bit tired of peering at my old 17" monitor. Besides, it was probably tired of working because things were getting a bit blurrier over time.

Anyway, along with the "larger than life" images I now enjoy (once the display settings in the .ini file were properly configured) I noticed that my marksmanship increased sharply as well. I don't know if was because I was so happy with my new toy, or if the larger images makes it easier to shoot.

An example of the good side of the law of unexpected consequences.

horseback
04-01-2007, 12:00 AM
You are shooting at a bigger target, after all. I have the same brand/size monitor on one of my rigs. Are you playing it at 1680x1050?

I found the closeup stuff is gorgeous, but the dots are infinitesimal now; I do most of my playing on an Olevia 26" LCDTV at 1280x720, and it gives me bigger dots and very pretty closeups.

Not to mention that for an old guy like me, bigger fonts are also a major consideration.

cheers

horseback

Stackhouse25th
04-01-2007, 12:07 AM
i went from 15 to 19 VX922 from Viewsonic and it was the best decision.

Treetop64
04-01-2007, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horseback:
You are shooting at a bigger target, after all. I have the same brand/size monitor on one of my rigs. Are you playing it at 1680x1050?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. 1680x1050 on a VG2230wm.
BTW, great post on the AI gunners. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

micksaf
04-02-2007, 10:50 AM
I recently switched from a 17' Samsung to this 20' Belinea and since it has a dot size the same as a 19' and its native display is 1400*1050 you get 2 advantages:
- you can spot foes from a greater distance than with a 20' that dispays 1600*1200 (smaller dots)

- you GC will be very grateful because it will have to display 23 % less pixels than with a 1600*1200 'classic' 20'

Here is a review (in French)

http://www.lesnumeriques.com/article-203-1476-47.html

blindpugh
04-02-2007, 12:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horseback:

I found the closeup stuff is gorgeous, but the dots are infinitesimal now; I do most of my playing on an Olevia 26" LCDTV at 1280x720, and it gives me bigger dots and very pretty closeups.

Not to mention that for an old guy like me, bigger fonts are also a major consideration.

cheers

horseback </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I like girls on top but like you ive forgotten what you do with them -silver surfer