PDA

View Full Version : Awesome New ACB Info Revealed in the Oct Issue of Playstation Official Magazine Aus

EzioAssassin51
09-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey guys! (I hope I'm allowed to post this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

About an hour ago, i bought the <span class="ev_code_RED">October Issue of the Official Playstation Magazine Australia </span> and in it is an Interview with <span class="ev_code_RED">Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Producer Vincent Pontbriand</span>. In this interview, he tells us about some awesome new stuff in ACB, including something on MP you guys will want to hear, and Machiavelli's role in the game.

So I hope you enjoy...

A Stealth Mission!! ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS ON FIRST MISSION***

"Impossible" you may say, but there is going to be a 'long and perilous' stealth mission near the beginning of the game!

You remember how in the E3 Demo, Caterina Sforza was captured by Cesare? Well, in this mission, Ezio must inflitrate the Castel Sant'Angelo, the fortress where Rodrigo Borgia houses his troops, where Caterina is being held.
Here, you must sneak in without being seen by the 'outnumbering Papal Guards'. You will have to climb and use free running to inflitrate the castle walls and reach the higher grounds to save Caterina. Once you save her, you must protect her and fight mobs of enemies. 'Ezio must use his arsenal of weapons and his new moves, such as the ability to use the gun in combination with his srowd, to survive against all odds as well as his stealth skills'

A hard a stealthy mission in the game. Just what we've been asking for...

The Fight Club

"Say what?"

In the fight club, 'based in the Mercenary HQ, Ezio can bet on fights and enter into the tournament. Challenged in a duel and encircled by an enthusiastic crowd, players will be challenged in different combat where quick reflexes and strategic thinking are your only allies to victory...'
There are different combats like unarmed and no counter, and the number of enemies you choose to verse, will increas ethe amount of money you gain if you succeed!

Da Vinci and his War Machines

'Leonardo left the villa at the end of AC2. Ezio hasn't seen him in a while, but, suddenly, all the guards in Rome seem to have new guns. So there is something suspicious going on. Leonardo will return and offer certain services' (I know what you're thinking http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) 'to Ezio, but as for his motivations, you'll have to play the game to see what they are.'

Nothing new on the war machines, it just says about the Chariot Gun and the Gondola Flares Shooter 'which burns the sails of ships, making them immobile and useless'. 'Ezio's going to need to destroy them to stop Cesare's advance through Italy...' There wil be more on how Cesare got the plans CLOSER TO THE RELEASE OF THE GAME http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Machiavelli's Role

'Machiavelli will play a much larger role in Brotherhood than he did in AC2. He's the leader of the Assassin's in Rome when Ezio arrives and he's not going to just let Ezio come in and take over. So expect some competetition between Ezio and Machiavelli. At the same time, he has a lot to learn about leadership and Ezio will be a major influence on him, despite their conflict...' Mac's gameplay role will be the mission giver, giving you Assassination Missions as well as the locations of Templars in the city. 'But how you dispatch them, is, of ourse, up to you.'

Horse Combat

Now you can perch yourself on the Horse Saddle and jump onto beams to start a fluid free running sequence.
'Also, Ezio can now use various weapons such as crossbows, swords or spears, and fight enemies such as horsemen and footmen - in a similar fashion to a joust.'
A new attack in when you impale a guard, who's on a horse, from the ground, with a spear. 'I believe there is nothing more gratifying than, when you are about to lose a target in a horse chase, to jump from your horse and climb on a building as to reduce the distance, only to jump and assassinate the horse rider. It's just Epic.'

'Rebuild Rome'

Nothing new on this, but now they've called it 'Rebuild Rome'.

Multiplayer Beta/Progression/Confirmed Character Total!

'The more effective you are during your game session, the more experience you will get.' By obtaining experience, you can unlock extra content. The extra stuff you unlock will add variety and options.

During the BETA, 'you will unlock one ability slot, and the diguise ability at level 2. Later you will unlock more slots and different abilities... We will also include a specific progression system that we will reveal later on'

In the BETA, 'you will have Wanted Mode, eight characters, different abilities. The BETA will also feature several maps not shown at E3, including AN INDOOR MAP!! You will be able to test the progression system with a specific leveling curve for the BETA. And last but not least, you will have the ability to unlock lots of elements!'

'You will have 14 Characters in the final game, without counting the exclusives with pre-order, special editions etc. Each will have several colours, evolutions their own move set, signature moves and weapon'

*End*

Phew, that took a while.

That is some awesome as info for you and I hope you guys enjoyed reading that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RandomRansom
09-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Took a while to read too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks for letting us in on all this. I love some of this new information, and I can't wait to get my hands on the beta... and the whole game...

sm312
09-26-2010, 10:39 PM
I Love You for the amazing news!

I hate you for making the wait less bearable!

Account_Deleted
09-26-2010, 11:06 PM
ahaha
thanks for typing this up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

no doubt this would be taken down sooner or later
but i don't think so , because this isn't really giving all the infomation up
you've just (short handed)
some new infomation for us

villy23
09-26-2010, 11:10 PM
haha i mentioned this before about the stealth mission in the thread about the tank mission but i wasn't sure about this as someone else bought a mag and posted about it and it got taken down. I thought this was old news tho i bought this like 3-4 weeks ago

Xanatos2007
09-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
A Stealth Mission!!

"Impossible" you may say, but there is going to be a 'long and perilous' stealth mission near the beginning of the game!

You remember how in the E3 Demo, Caterina Sforza was captured by Cesare? Well, in this mission, Ezio must inflitrate the Castel Sant'Angelo, the fortress where Rodrigo Borgia houses his troops, where Caterina is being held.
Here, you must sneak in without being seen by the 'outnumbering Papal Guards'. You will have to climb and use free running to inflitrate the castle walls and reach the higher grounds to save Caterina. Once you save her, you must protect her and fight mobs of enemies. 'Ezio must use his arsenal of weapons and his new moves, such as the ability to use the gun in combination with his sword, to survive against all odds as well as his stealth skills'

Ooh, one whole stealth mission! No wait, half a stealth mission. And it's being wasted on something worthless at the start of the game, so it's basically going to be a Mario game in 5 minutes.

Where's the level designer? I want to throw something heavy at them.

edzilla_551
09-26-2010, 11:16 PM
hey xanatos, dont get too angry dude, you havent even played the game yet jeez. of course their will be stealth missions its assassins creed for god sake!

Xanatos2007
09-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Have you been paying attention to the series lately? Stealth has been thrown out the window in favour of a GoW approach. Just in case you didn't notice the tank & war contraptions & more frantic combat & cannons & asssassins dropping literally out of the sky. Can you point out one stealth aspect aside from the supposed "stealth mission" mentioned in this article? I think not.

And I wasn't angry, just sarcastic. I thought you people would've grasped that ages ago.

phil.llllll
09-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the update! Sounds like there's going to be some interesting interactions with Machiavelli.

I'm guessing the stealth mission is all part of their promise to bring more special type missions (like the flying AC2) to the game. I wonder if it'll play a bigger part in the game though (the stealth)? I really hope they don't go crazy with them (the special type missions). Hopefully there's a lot of interesting targets and the game doesn't turn out to be a bunch of set pieces one after the other.

Deathgrim666
09-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey guys! (I hope I'm allowed to post this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

About an hour ago, i bought the <span class="ev_code_RED">October Issue of the Official Playstation Magazine Australia </span> and in it is an Interview with <span class="ev_code_RED">Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Producer Vincent Pontbriand</span>. In this interview, he tells us about some awesome new stuff in ACB, including something on MP you guys will want to hear, and Machiavelli's role in the game.

So I hope you enjoy...

A Stealth Mission!!

Here, you must sneak in without being seen by the 'outnumbering Papal Guards'. You will have to climb and use free running to inflitrate the castle walls and reach the higher grounds to save Caterina. Once you save her, you must protect her and fight mobs of enemies. 'Ezio must use his arsenal of weapons and his new moves, such as the ability to use the gun in combination with his srowd, to survive against all odds as well as his stealth skills'

The Fight Club

"Say what?"

In the fight club, 'based in the Mercenary HQ, Ezio can bet on fights and enter into the tournament. Challenged in a duel and encircled by an enthusiastic crowd, players will be challenged in different combat where quick reflexes and strategic thinking are your only allies to victory...'
There are different combats like unarmed and no counter, and the number of enemies you choose to verse, will increas ethe amount of money you gain if you succeed!

Da Vinci and his War Machines

'Leonardo left the villa at the end of AC2. Ezio hasn't seen him in a while, but, suddenly, all the guards in Rome seem to have new guns. So there is something suspicious going on. Leonardo will return and offer certain services' (I know what you're thinking http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) 'to Ezio, but as for his motivations, you'll have to play the game to see what they are.'

Nothing new on the war machines, it just says about the Chariot Gun and the Gondola Flares Shooter 'which burns the sails of ships, making them immobile and useless'. 'Ezio's going to need to destroy them to stop Cesare's advance through Italy...' There wil be more on how Cesare got the plans CLOSER TO THE RELEASE OF THE GAME http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Machiavelli's Role

'Machiavelli will play a much larger role in Brotherhood than he did in AC2. He's the leader of the Assassin's in Rome when Ezio arrives and he's not going to just let Ezio come in and take over. So expect some competetition between Ezio and Machiavelli. At the same time, he has a lot to learn about leadership and Ezio will be a major influence on him, despite their conflict...' Mac's gameplay role will be the mission giver, giving you Assassination Missions as well as the locations of Templars in the city. 'But how you dispatch them, is, of ourse, up to you.'

Horse Combat

Now you can perch yourself on the Horse Saddle and jump onto beams to start a fluid free running sequence.
'Also, Ezio can now use various weapons such as crossbows, swords or spears, and fight enemies such as horsemen and footmen - in a similar fashion to a joust.'
A new attack in when you impale a guard, who's on a horse, from the ground, with a spear. 'I believe there is nothing more gratifying than, when you are about to lose a target in a horse chase, to jump from your horse and climb on a building as to reduce the distance, only to jump and assassinate the horse rider. It's just Epic.'

'Rebuild Rome'

Nothing new on this, but now they've called it 'Rebuild Rome'.

Multiplayer Beta/Progression/Confirmed Character Total!

'The more effective you are during your game session, the more experience you will get.' By obtaining experience, you can unlock extra content. The extra stuff you unlock will add variety and options.

During the BETA, 'you will unlock one ability slot, and the diguise ability at level 2. Later you will unlock more slots and different abilities... We will also include a specific progression system that we will reveal later on'

In the BETA, 'you will have Wanted Mode, eight characters, different abilities. The BETA will also feature several maps not shown at E3, including AN INDOOR MAP!! You will be able to test the progression system with a specific leveling curve for the BETA. And last but not least, you will have the ability to unlock lots of elements!'

'You will have 14 Characters in the final game, without counting the exclusives with pre-order, special editions etc. Each will have several colours, evolutions their own move set, signature moves and weapon'

*End*

Phew, that took a while.

That is some awesome as info for you and I hope you guys enjoyed reading that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Good job!!

edzilla_551
09-26-2010, 11:33 PM
i guess ubisoft might be just showing all the new stuff they are using for the game doesnt mean that the stealth aspect is gone, most likely the assassination contract missions will require more stealth, and plus it makes sense to me that ezio uses machinery and fire power because the enemy he is versing(cesare) has got alot of fire power in his disposal, as you saw in the e3 demo so thats why i can accept what the devs are doing.

DiamondBlade_R
09-27-2010, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
A Stealth Mission!!

Here, you must sneak in without being seen by the 'outnumbering Papal Guards'. You will have to climb and use free running to inflitrate the castle walls and reach the higher grounds to save Caterina. Once you save her, you must protect her and fight mobs of enemies. 'Ezio must use his arsenal of weapons and his new moves, such as the ability to use the gun in combination with his sword, to survive against all odds as well as his stealth skills'

Ooh, one whole stealth mission! No wait, half a stealth mission. And it's being wasted on something worthless at the start of the game, so it's basically going to be a Mario game in 5 minutes.

Where's the level designer? I want to throw something heavy at them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. Let's face it, the franchise has only gone downhill with the release of AC2. Yes, I mean it. I think we all agree that AC2 lacked the charm and atmosphere that made its predecessor what it is... but at least it made up for it with a decent amount of stealth gameplay. Now that's gonna go away too, in favor of turning the franchise into a generic action game series with fancy explosions and ULTRA-MEGA-SUPA-AWESOWME special effects, no less - so what the hell's left of the original STEALTH concept? I'm very sorry to say this, but if things keep going in the same direction they are now, I'm quitting the series altogether and sticking to AC1.

Xanatos2007
09-27-2010, 05:46 AM
My thoughts exactly. Why isn't there a 'thumbs up' option for posts on this thing?

Murcuseo
09-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Have you been paying attention to the series lately? Stealth has been thrown out the window in favour of a GoW approach. Just in case you didn't notice the tank & war contraptions & more frantic combat & cannons & asssassins dropping literally out of the sky. Can you point out one stealth aspect aside from the supposed "stealth mission" mentioned in this article? I think not.

And I wasn't angry, just sarcastic. I thought you people would've grasped that ages ago.

Originally posted by DiamondBlade_R:

I agree. Let's face it, the franchise has only gone downhill with the release of AC2. Yes, I mean it. I think we all agree that AC2 lacked the charm and atmosphere that made its predecessor what it is... but at least it made up for it with a decent amount of stealth gameplay. Now that's gonna go away too, in favor of turning the franchise into a generic action game series with fancy explosions and ULTRA-MEGA-SUPA-AWESOWME special effects, no less - so what the hell's left of the original STEALTH concept? I'm very sorry to say this, but if things keep going in the same direction they are now, I'm quitting the series altogether and sticking to AC1.

You certainly don't speak for everyone, especially me.

I have played both AC and ACII and much prefer the faster paced gameplay of ACII. AC felt slow and repetitive and the storyline for me wasn't as engaging.

Personally I'm getting pretty tired of people searching out ways to bad-mouth the franchise purely because they don't like the direction they think it's going in. First of all, you don't have all the information that would allow you to make an informed decision on things like stealth missions or the like. We've been given very limited information in the teasers and just because they haven't been what you expect doesn't mean what you're looking for isn't there. Like you're claiming. Every game is meant to be fun to play, with that in mind you expect diversity. The information and missions you've seen so far have been attention grabbers. The only way you're ever going to know for a fact what the game is like is if you play it or speak to as wide enough group of people as possible to get varied opinions on it, which you obviously can't have at this point.

I get that you're frustrated about certain things but continuously ranting about stuff without actually being an informed users is pointless and devalues your opinions from my point of view.

Holding a grudge tends to cloud your opinions, which I know Xanatos does seeing as he uses every opportunity to complain about something or other. lol

EzioAssassin51
09-27-2010, 06:09 AM
^ I approve of this post - Right down to the 'I like the fact paced gameplay' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Xanatos2007
09-27-2010, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
which I know Xanatos does seeing as he uses every opportunity to complain about something or other. lol
Well someone has to. Developers need people to point out flaws in their games so they can amend them in sequels. As for the fast paced gameplay, are you forgetting the main reason people were drawn into AC in the first place?

Murcuseo
09-27-2010, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
which I know Xanatos does seeing as he uses every opportunity to complain about something or other. lol
Well someone has to. Developers need people to point out flaws in their games so they can amend them in sequels. As for the fast paced gameplay, are you forgetting the main reason people were drawn into AC in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again you can't speak for everyone. I don't know all the different reasons people were drawn to the franchise but I'm pretty confident they won't all be the same. Also, I have a feeling when you first started to criticise the game it was purely as constructive feedback but now it feels more like a vendetta as you take every chance you can to complain about the same things.

As I said before, you're basing your opinions on as small amount of information as possible in regards to ACB. plus adding in your own grudges which isn't really a fair representation.

Xanatos2007
09-27-2010, 06:29 AM
*bang* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6481082388/p/1)

Murcuseo
09-27-2010, 06:32 AM
*bang* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6481082388/p/1)

What exactly is that meant to prove?

Xanatos2007
09-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Seen the poll results? 80% prefer the stealth approach. Of course that's only 20 people, but there was another poll around here somewhere with a similar outcome but with more voters.

DiamondBlade_R
09-27-2010, 06:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

I have played both AC and ACII and much prefer the faster paced gameplay of ACII. AC felt slow and repetitive and the storyline for me wasn't as engaging.

Personally I'm getting pretty tired of people searching out ways to bad-mouth the franchise purely because they don't like the direction they think it's going in.

What we're doing isn't "bad-mouth-ing". We're just stating our opinions. Everyone is entitled to do that.

First of all, you don't have all the information that would allow you to make an informed decision on things like stealth missions or the like.

But in my opinion - which, I assume, is similar to that of Xanatos - the franchise shouldn't incorporate non-stealth missions at all (except for missions that serve as the finales, such as the battle against Al Mualim or the fight with Borgia), let alone missions that include fast-paced battles and techlonoligically super-advanced gadgetry (and don't any of you start saying that tanks fit the timeline because cannonballs and gunpowder were already invented in the 15th century. Were there tanks in the 15th century? No. Was anything close to a tank invented around the 15th century? No. End of story). Even if stealth segments are present in the game, not nearly as much as emphasis as we'd want is put on them.

We've been given very limited information in the teasers and just because they haven't been what you expect doesn't mean what you're looking for isn't there.

Spare it. Even if you are in favor of the changes to the franchise about which we're talking, you obviously know what changes we're referring to - and we've been given more than enough information to know for sure that they're still there.

Like you're claiming. Every game is meant to be fun to play, with that in mind you expect diversity.
...Not at the expense of taking away the core concept of a franchise.

The information and missions you've seen so far have been attention grabbers.

That doesn't mean that they can't give us a general impression of what the game is like.

The only way you're ever going to know for a fact what the game is like is if you play it or speak to as wide enough group of people as possible to get varied opinions on it, which you obviously can't have at this point.

Or we could just judge a game by videos of it that show live gameplay from it, and by interviews during which the developers state that they're taking it in "a different direction" - that which we don't like.

I get that you're frustrated about certain things but continuously ranting about stuff without actually being an informed users is pointless and devalues your opinions from my point of view.

Again, we're not ranting, we're letting our opinions be heard.

Holding a grudge tends to cloud your opinions, which I know Xanatos does seeing as he uses every opportunity to complain about something or other. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My comments in bold.

TG-Raylock
09-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Sounds good. Wonder who the others are

Murcuseo
09-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Seen the poll results? 80% prefer the stealth approach. Of course that's only 20 people, but there was another poll around here somewhere with a similar outcome but with more voters.

Just because that one(or two if you can find it) poll happens to suit your opinion doesn't make it a fair representation. You'd have to canvas at least 10% of the entire number of sales to get an accurate representation. Doing it on this forum also devalues it's results no matter which way the votes went. It's like those annoying shampoo adverts on the TV with the text at the bottom, they pick the right amount of single mothers in their poll to give them the highest percentage.

But, this discussion is about your clouded opinions and whether or not you can give ACB fair judgement. Which currently you can't. I'll be more than willing to concede the point once you've played the game but until then all the polls in the world won't make the slightest bit of difference. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Personally I would like a balance of stealth and high octane combat as it would give it the diversity I think all games should have. If the entire game was stealth based it would be as slow as AC which I would find very boring.

AubreyWilborn
09-27-2010, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
A Stealth Mission!!

Where's the level designer? I want to throw something heavy at them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. Let's face it, the franchise has only gone downhill with the release of AC2. Yes, I mean it. I think we all agree that AC2 lacked the charm and atmosphere that made its predecessor what it is... but at least it made up for it with a decent amount of stealth gameplay. Now that's gonna go away too, in favor of turning the franchise into a generic action game series with fancy explosions and ULTRA-MEGA-SUPA-AWESOWME special effects, no less - so what the hell's left of the original STEALTH concept? I'm very sorry to say this, but if things keep going in the same direction they are now, I'm quitting the series altogether and sticking to AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok...I just do not get all of you folks complaining about AC2's "lack of stealth", and saying how AC1 is better! For one thing, the Assasination Contracts in AC2 are PLENTY stealthy-some moreso than any AC1 mission.

Secondly, Ubisoft made AC2 more action-packed because nost people COMPLAINED about how boring AC1 was! Now all of a sudden, people are saying AC2 is TOO action packed? What's the deal?

EzioAssassin51
09-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Guys, can we please move the stealth er... discussion to one of the threads talking about it, rather than arguing about it in an irrelevant thread? (I understand at first it's to do with it, but now you guys have just derailed the topic onto arguing about the stealth etc.)

Murcuseo
09-27-2010, 07:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Personally I'm getting pretty tired of people searching out ways to bad-mouth the franchise purely because they don't like the direction they think it's going in.

What we're doing isn't "bad-mouth-ing". We're just stating our opinions. Everyone is entitled to do that.

First of all, you don't have all the information that would allow you to make an informed decision on things like stealth missions or the like.

But in my opinion - which, I assume, is similar to that of Xanatos - the franchise shouldn't incorporate non-stealth missions at all (except for missions that serve as the finales, such as the battle against Al Mualim or the fight with Borgia), let alone missions that include fast-paced battles and techlonoligically super-advanced gadgetry (and don't any of you start saying that tanks fit the timeline because cannonballs and gunpowder were already invented in the 15th century. Were there tanks in the 15th century? No. Was anything close to a tank invented around the 15th century? No. End of story). Even if stealth segments are present in the game, not nearly as much as emphasis as we'd want is put on them.

We've been given very limited information in the teasers and just because they haven't been what you expect doesn't mean what you're looking for isn't there.

Spare it. Even if you are in favor of the changes to the franchise about which we're talking, you obviously know what changes we're referring to - and we've been given more than enough information to know for sure that they're still there.

Like you're claiming. Every game is meant to be fun to play, with that in mind you expect diversity.
...Not at the expense of taking away the core concept of a franchise.

The information and missions you've seen so far have been attention grabbers.

That doesn't mean that they can't give us a general impression of what the game is like.

The only way you're ever going to know for a fact what the game is like is if you play it or speak to as wide enough group of people as possible to get varied opinions on it, which you obviously can't have at this point.

Or we could just judge a game by videos of it that show live gameplay from it, and by interviews during which the developers state that they're taking it in "a different direction" - that which we don't like.

Again, we're not ranting, we're letting our opinions be heard.

Holding a grudge tends to cloud your opinions, which I know Xanatos does seeing as he uses every opportunity to complain about something or other. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My comments in bold. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid to say you are bad mouthing it, you clearly stated that the series is going down hill when you don't have all the necessary information to make that claim. Having a general impression means nothing, especially when it comes to firing out strong willed opinions. It's like creating your entire opinion of someone after only meeting them once or twice. You're entitled to make your opinions heard but I'm also entitled to dismantle them based on the facts presented.
Your opinions, much like Xanatos can't speak for everyone so using terms like "I think we all agree" creates a false impression. You obviously have some grudges that you want to bare but I for one haven't been given enough information about the game to start making claims like that. I wasn't entirely pleased with some apsects of the game but shooting it down before you've even played it is pointless.

The stealth aspects might be more predominant than you realise, at this current moment you can't know for sure.

PlagueDoctor357
09-27-2010, 07:40 AM
While I don't completely agree with Xano, I know exacty how he feels. I'm not going to judge brotherhood until I play but out of everyone here I've probably complained the most about where the combat and terrible animations are going.

I'm sure TONS of people in the forum were super excited to play AC2 but deep down thought man this isn't as good. I belove it's just mainly the atmosphere.

Although the non healthbar just timing the buttons right combos from the first game also rocked more.

In the end AC2 felt kinda of lacking in the coolness atmosphere of AC1. I still love the game and story but the tone just isn't the same.

Hopefully the writing stays good because the fighting in brotherhood looks horrible with the stabbing and shooting at the same time and what not.

Xanatos2007
09-27-2010, 07:41 AM
But, this discussion is about your clouded opinions and whether or not you can give ACB fair judgement. Which currently you can't. I'll be more than willing to concede the point once you've played the game but until then all the polls in the world won't make the slightest bit of difference. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
AC:B wouldn't bother me so much if it was a different game altogether, since the only reason the new gameplay additions (cannons, tanks, crazy combat, etc) are bad is because they don't fit with the nature of Assassin's Creed. I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Assassin's Creed seems to be lacking two things lately; 'Assassins' (not just a group of people by the same name) and a 'Creed', which is pretty poor given the title.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to drive a tank around in the middle ages as much as any bloke and enjoy seeing destructo-scenery physics in action, but not in an AC game. It's like when somebody tells you they're bringing you cake and instead drag out a bag of fertilizer: it may still be perfectly good fertilizer, and you may still be able to use it to grow crops or throw it at people's houses, but you still won't appreciate it because it's not the cake you were expecting.

...okay that seemed a little obscure. I know - it's like Eidos making Thief 4 where Garrett now has a bazooka: bazookas are fun, and the Thief games are incredibly fun, but put the two together and you'll just get an awful mess.
Same with the AC series; the frantic GoW-style action doesn't go very well with the sneak&stab approach from the first AC which made the game stand out from all the others at the time. Of course people keep saying "the stealth approach is still there most of the time, you don't have to fight your way through!" But the fact is that there were barely any stealth sequences in AC2 and the ones that were there either missed the heart-pounding escape sequences from AC1 or were arbitrarily difficult (mainly because they generally followed a combat scenario and players couldn't adjust to the sudden change in gameplay quickly enough). The only complaints I heard about AC1 was the level design (which I thought they fixed in AC2) not the stealth. And any complaints about the stealth were probably from casual gamers who've never played a stealth game before or even have a basic idea of the concept.

DiamondBlade_R
09-27-2010, 07:49 AM
AC:B wouldn't bother me so much if it was a different game altogether, since the only reason the new gameplay additions (cannons, tanks, crazy combat, etc) are bad is because they don't fit with the nature of Assassin's Creed. I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Assassin's Creed seems to be lacking two things lately; 'Assassins' (not just a group of people by the same name) and a 'Creed', which is pretty poor given the title.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to drive a tank around in the middle ages as much as any bloke and enjoy seeing destructo-scenery physics in action, but not in an AC game. It's like when somebody tells you they're bringing you cake and instead drag out a bag of fertilizer: it may still be perfectly good fertilizer, and you may still be able to use it to grow crops or throw it at people's houses, but you still won't appreciate it because it's not the cake you were expecting.

...okay that seemed a little obscure. I know - it's like Eidos making Thief 4 where Garrett now has a bazooka: bazookas are fun, and the Thief games are incredibly fun, but put the two together and you'll just get an awful mess.
Same with the AC series; the frantic GoW-style action doesn't go very well with the sneak&stab approach from the first AC which made the game stand out from all the others at the time. Of course people keep saying "the stealth approach is still there most of the time, you don't have to fight your way through!" But the fact is that there were barely any stealth sequences in AC2 and the ones that were there either missed the heart-pounding escape sequences from AC1 or were arbitrarily difficult (mainly because they generally followed a combat scenario and players couldn't adjust to the sudden change in gameplay quickly enough). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You seem to be the only one to even understand my point, which is sad, considering the majority of the community here on the forums has been around since the beginning if the franchise.

Murcuseo
09-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Guys, can we please move the stealth er... discussion to one of the threads talking about it, rather than arguing about it in an irrelevant thread? (I understand at first it's to do with it, but now you guys have just derailed the topic onto arguing about the stealth etc.)

Tue fax, my bad.

I'm done. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

phil.llllll
09-27-2010, 09:30 AM
The only complaints I heard about AC1 was the level design (which I thought they fixed in AC2) not the stealth. And any complaints about the stealth were probably from casual gamers who've never played a stealth game before or even have a basic idea of the concept.

Actually I think the biggest complaint about AC wasn't the level design but the investigation design - too simple and repetitive - which they fixed somewhat for the PC version. I personally thought the levels were spectacular. I agree as a whole though that they seem to be going for more of an action oriented game now rather than the AC approach. Which is sad because the planned hunter approach in the first one worked, even if the elements built around it didn't. Don't get me wrong I still loved AC2 but after assassinating five people in a row in Tuscany, I couldn't help feel that game had become too quick and depersonalized. In a way, a lot of the design was even simpler than AC1s. Then again, these tank sequences and such are supposed to be one off sort of missions. We haven't really heard much about the main assassination targets yet so I'm hoping at least they've improved that part.

Xanatos2007
09-27-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't care much for AC:B since it's just an expansion pack (Ubi doesn't know what to call it yet, but that's what it is), so I try to keep that in mind as much as possible and hope that Ubi will get back to the roots of AC in the third installment. I'm just afraid that the dev team will forget that it's just an expansion pack and incorporate this same nonsense into the true sequel...

magesupermaster
09-27-2010, 11:10 AM
I have now read at IGN that there are 15 multi-player characters. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

BK-110
09-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I don't care much for AC:B since it's just an expansion pack (Ubi doesn't know what to call it yet, but that's what it is), so I try to keep that in mind as much as possible and hope that Ubi will get back to the roots of AC in the third installment. I'm just afraid that the dev team will forget that it's just an expansion pack and incorporate this same nonsense into the true sequel...

It's not an expansion pack, it's a full-fledged standalone game. If all you can do is being negative and bad-mouth whatever speck of information we have about an unreleased game, then I don't understand why you're here... You can rant all you want... AFTER the game is released and you actually know what you're talking about.

DeSabellis
09-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by BK-110:
It's not an expansion pack, it's a full-fledged standalone game. If all you can do is being negative and bad-mouth whatever speck of information we have about an unreleased game, then I don't understand why you're here... You can rant all you want... AFTER the game is released and you actually know what you're talking about.

The entire forum is a complain-fest. I mean seriously... people are complaining about Desmond's tattoos. Complain about the stupid cliche plot about the end of the Mayan calendar and the Sun burning the Earth.

I think it's pretty hard to call anything nonsense about Assassins Creed because it revolves around an ANIMUS- the most impossible, unrealistic device ever. You are getting what you are paying for: entertainment. Not brilliant works of literature that stimulate the soul and cause a person to have deep internal reflections. It's not supposed to be based upon any sound principles of logic, because it is a work of fiction.

EzioAssassin51
09-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
I have now read at IGN that there are 15 multi-player characters. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

16, including the Officer and Harlequin i believe, according to the interview anyway!

Xanatos2007
09-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by BK-110:
If all you can do is being negative and bad-mouth whatever speck of information we have about an unreleased game, then I don't understand why you're here... You can rant all you want... AFTER the game is released and you actually know what you're talking about.
If you've been paying attention to some of the other things I've said instead of just attacking my comments in this thread you'd see that I'm not totally against AC:B. I think the multiplayer looks really interesting (even though I have a reputation of avoiding interactions with other players because they tend to be total ****** online) and am blitzed that Jesper Kyd is coming back to do the music (y'know, one of the most crucial elements of the AC games?)
My main arguments against AC:B come from the fact that Ubi's trying too hard to make the game appealing to casual gamers and are ignoring the roots of the franchise (historical accuracy, intriguing game world and interesting stealth). My main concern is that they'll keep up this trend for AC3 and possible others, turning this rare gem of a game into yet another hack & slasher with vague RPG elements (RPG elements, that is, which don't fit at all with the whole 'genetic memory' thing that AC is based around).

^That and the way Ubi is treating PC gamers - which I have plenty of right to complain about.

Stormpen
09-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Machiavelli's Role

Wait, Machiavelli has a lot to learn from Ezio?
Ezio influences Machiavelli?

Xanatos2007
09-28-2010, 11:27 AM
It should be the other way around, since Machiavelli literally wrote the book on how to rule.

Stormpen
09-28-2010, 11:33 AM
And I shouldn't think that Machiavelli is the petty competitive type.

It's the biggest whooper I've heard so far, including the one about Ubisoft being fair to PC gamers. I hope they don't start being historically inaccurate as well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

NewBlade200
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
If all you can do is being negative and bad-mouth whatever speck of information we have about an unreleased game, then I don't understand why you're here... You can rant all you want... AFTER the game is released and you actually know what you're talking about.
If you've been paying attention to some of the other things I've said instead of just attacking my comments in this thread you'd see that I'm not totally against AC:B. I think the multiplayer looks really interesting (even though I have a reputation of avoiding interactions with other players because they tend to be total ****** online) and am blitzed that Jesper Kyd is coming back to do the music (y'know, one of the most crucial elements of the AC games?)
My main arguments against AC:B come from the fact that Ubi's trying too hard to make the game appealing to casual gamers and are ignoring the roots of the franchise (historical accuracy, intriguing game world and interesting stealth). My main concern is that they'll keep up this trend for AC3 and possible others, turning this rare gem of a game into yet another hack & slasher with vague RPG elements (RPG elements, that is, which don't fit at all with the whole 'genetic memory' thing that AC is based around).

^That and the way Ubi is treating PC gamers - which I have plenty of right to complain about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>then if the game is realy about the common audience, then most us long-time fans can complain about it, and hopefuly ubi will answer by foucusing on fixing it for ac3, like they did with ac2. complain when youve gotten the game and try to get people to listen to you. in the meantime, youve got a stealth based multiplayer