PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Line

RandomGuy
11-13-2007, 09:54 AM
I have no credibility on the site but sometimes it takes a outsider's point of view to get people back to their senses.

First of all, just to make sure no one is already loading their nukes, I bought AC (though I haven't received it yet).

1. This AC's forum, so obviously people here who are pointing out the negatives and positives of the game are people who "like" AC enough to post either negative or positive comments.

2. Now there are basically 3 types of people (a rough generalization, but there really is no point in creating more personas).
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Fan boys/girls
<LI>Casual Fan boys/girls
<LI>Confused/let-down Fan boys/girls
[/list]

So fan boys and girls are the people that haven't even played the game but are complaining about the negative posts some people are posting and complaining that AC is not getting a "decent" review because the "review knows nothing", and that "the game deserves at least a X.X score"

Casual fan boys and girls are the people that read and keep up with the news because they like ubisoft, they like AC, they like the PS3, they like the X360, or simply, they like to play games. These people may not be active in discussion because they realize their point of view is their point of view and there is no reason for fighting over the score a game gets.

Confused/ let-down fan boys/girls: These are the fan boys and girls of AC that have actually played the game ENOUGH and are feeling some of the negatives of AC enough that they feel like they would like to contribute to the overall knowledge of the community. Theres no harm in that right?

So in conclusion, I'm saying we are all here because either we are fans or are interested in AC. So people, please take all things in moderation. Not all people posting negative comments are people who dont know what they are saying. Similarly, understand that fan boys/girls will end up buying the game and neglecting the negatives because thats just what they would do because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is absolutely nothing wrong about that.

As for me, from seeing the reviews, my inference is that AC is somewhat repetitive, the AI is not as good as we might have liked, and the "wow" factor of the game is perhaps slightly lower than we might have anticipated....

BUT, who gives. What other games are we all playing at the moment? AC will be a fresh new thing that has several strong points, and as long as you enjoy it and have a good time, who cares if people say negative things about the game. The greatness of a game doesn't have to be a mutual thing where everyone agrees right?

For instance, I also purchased the new Dynasty Warriors game last week, and although in Asia the game is now getting flamed for repetitiveness throughout its entire series, I dont care, sometimes I just want to play brainless games. But I'm not going to be all fan boy-like and try to disown all the people who are providing the negative reviews.

RandomGuy
11-13-2007, 09:54 AM
I have no credibility on the site but sometimes it takes a outsider's point of view to get people back to their senses.

First of all, just to make sure no one is already loading their nukes, I bought AC (though I haven't received it yet).

1. This AC's forum, so obviously people here who are pointing out the negatives and positives of the game are people who "like" AC enough to post either negative or positive comments.

2. Now there are basically 3 types of people (a rough generalization, but there really is no point in creating more personas).
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Fan boys/girls
[/list]

So fan boys and girls are the people that haven't even played the game but are complaining about the negative posts some people are posting and complaining that AC is not getting a "decent" review because the "review knows nothing", and that "the game deserves at least a X.X score"

Casual fan boys and girls are the people that read and keep up with the news because they like ubisoft, they like AC, they like the PS3, they like the X360, or simply, they like to play games. These people may not be active in discussion because they realize their point of view is their point of view and there is no reason for fighting over the score a game gets.

Confused/ let-down fan boys/girls: These are the fan boys and girls of AC that have actually played the game ENOUGH and are feeling some of the negatives of AC enough that they feel like they would like to contribute to the overall knowledge of the community. Theres no harm in that right?

So in conclusion, I'm saying we are all here because either we are fans or are interested in AC. So people, please take all things in moderation. Not all people posting negative comments are people who dont know what they are saying. Similarly, understand that fan boys/girls will end up buying the game and neglecting the negatives because thats just what they would do because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is absolutely nothing wrong about that.

As for me, from seeing the reviews, my inference is that AC is somewhat repetitive, the AI is not as good as we might have liked, and the "wow" factor of the game is perhaps slightly lower than we might have anticipated....

BUT, who gives. What other games are we all playing at the moment? AC will be a fresh new thing that has several strong points, and as long as you enjoy it and have a good time, who cares if people say negative things about the game. The greatness of a game doesn't have to be a mutual thing where everyone agrees right?

For instance, I also purchased the new Dynasty Warriors game last week, and although in Asia the game is now getting flamed for repetitiveness throughout its entire series, I dont care, sometimes I just want to play brainless games. But I'm not going to be all fan boy-like and try to disown all the people who are providing the negative reviews.

BTOG46
11-13-2007, 09:58 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
The voice of common sense, all too rare these days.......

Jon_1204
11-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Good man. To be honest people having a go at eachother for an opinion is getting pretty annoying. Good post, man.

rogue_tom
11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
People will always point out the negitives more. We just want the best for the game, or for ourselves.

I guess im a fan boy in your list. Even tho I can still agree with what i see in a review. Lets not protend we like the ai, or whatever.

If people don't buy the game because of a review or a poster then it's there loss. Does it matter? You have to be pretty foolish if you can't make you own mind up.

obiwan76
11-13-2007, 10:35 AM
True. I say to each their own.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2007, 10:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RandomGuy:
Confused/ let-down fan boys/girls: These are the fan boys and girls of AC that have actually played the game ENOUGH and are feeling some of the negatives of AC enough that they feel like they would like to contribute to the overall knowledge of the community. Theres no harm in that right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There isnt any harm in offering your (not you but you lol) opinion based on your own experience with the game so far, what i personally have an issue with and i beleive seems to be the same for others is when someone posts their negative slant with no jusitfication for those comments other than 'cus i said so'

I would suggest 'everyone' remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when that opinion is a strong one be prepared for people to ask you to justify those comments and if you cant perhaps your opinion isnt so solid after all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AirRon_2K7
11-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Common sense, I love you. I also love you mr Random Guy*, great post.

*I don't actually love you.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2007, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Common sense, I love you. I also love you mr Random Guy*, great post.

*I don't actually love you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh now thats just mean, i read the first line and felt a warm glow....then you had to go and spoil it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

chickmgnt222
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RandomGuy:
As for me, from seeing the reviews, my inference is that AC is somewhat repetitive, the AI is not as good as we might have liked, and the "wow" factor of the game is perhaps slightly lower than we might have anticipated.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If only all knew how to do as such and voice an opinion as an opinion.

MasterNeilson
11-13-2007, 11:56 AM

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Fan boys/girls
[/list]

For instance, I also purchased the new Dynasty Warriors game last week, and although in Asia the game is now getting flamed for repetitiveness throughout its entire series, I dont care, sometimes I just want to play brainless games. But I'm not going to be all fan boy-like and try to disown all the people who are providing the negative reviews. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Only one post, but you sure know how to post a good, decent opinion, nicely said RandomGuy, i guess i fit into the casual fanboy category very well.