PDA

View Full Version : So I'd like to try some co-ops some time...

Ba5tard5word
09-13-2009, 02:18 AM
It seems like it would be fun to work together with other people do do missions. I've never been online in Il-2...online games can be fun but when you're playing against other people it can stop being fun quickly because of how competitive people can be.

However...I've had Il-2 for almost 2 years and still haven't bothered to figure out complex engine management. I guess I should do some of the training stuff and figure it out. Do most people flying co-op insist on it being on?

What should I do? I know hyperlobby is important. Where can I meet people for co-op?

WTE_Galway
09-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
It seems like it would be fun to work together with other people do do missions. I've never been online in Il-2...online games can be fun but when you're playing against other people it can stop being fun quickly because of how competitive people can be.

However...I've had Il-2 for almost 2 years and still haven't bothered to figure out complex engine management. I guess I should do some of the training stuff and figure it out. Do most people flying co-op insist on it being on?

What should I do? I know hyperlobby is important. Where can I meet people for co-op?

best way ....

Join a good squad located in your LOCAL time zone. They will train you and even setup co-ops for you to join with team mates you have already trained with.

Shop around and do not necessarily join the very first squad you chat too.

If your in Australia check out WTE, great bunch of guys.

DD_crash
09-13-2009, 04:50 AM
Why not try the Ubizoo co-ops on Saturday night (UK)? Quite a few mods fly then and you can meet some of the Dogz.

blairgowrie
09-13-2009, 06:08 AM
What time zone are you in Ba5tardSword? That's usually the determining factor when you want to meet up with others.

Xiolablu3
09-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Join Ubi zoo coops, great fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Complex engine management is prtty irrelevant if you are good at energy management.

You can get far more speed out of your plane by managing energy well then you can the few extra mph from CEM. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just learn radiator, thats all.

na85
09-13-2009, 10:11 AM
CEM is important in some of the less-automated aircraft.

You have to remember to adjust mixture, supercharger, etc.

TS_Sancho
09-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Xio, I disagree.

If you want to maintain your aircrafts maximum available performance for any amount of time manifold pressure and prop rpm are quite important.

Xiolablu3
09-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by TS_Sancho:
Xio, I disagree.

If you want to maintain your aircrafts maximum available performance for any amount of time manifold pressure and prop rpm are quite important.

Maybe so mate, I am just speaking from my personal experience.

I never use prop pitch and used to be quite successful online. Not amazing but a KD of around 4-5:1.

Maybe I should add that its not 'essential' to be succesful.

TS_Sancho
09-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TS_Sancho:
Xio, I disagree.

I never use prop pitch and used to be quite successful online. Not amazing but a KD of around 4-5:1.

Maybe I should add that its not 'essential' to be succesful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I digress Xio

4-5:1 and your doing something right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Erkki_M
09-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Or he is using brains and, well, "skill", instead of all the PP tweaking and stuff. After all, the improved performance from keeping the ball centered, using perfect PP, power and radiator settings never really beats a good tactic and situational awareness... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Small things like those add more workload to the pilot and are away from looking around and thinking what to do, or situational awareness. Once the mad scissors begin its usually better to leave the radiator where it is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Ba5tard5word
09-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I live in California, so Pacific US time zone.

blairgowrie
09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Then UBI Zoo Coops would work fine for you. If you need any help with anything like Teamspeak, just holler.

Ba5tard5word
09-13-2009, 08:19 PM
By ubizoo do you mean DangerDogz? If so, what is the best way to meet up, the squadrons page? Your website?

And what is the best way to learn how to do complex engine management and deal with engine overheat? Any tutorials or videos that are really useful? I looked in the links at the top of the GD page but didn't really see much in them about CEM. Other than those two settings I fly with all the other handling settings on and am a pretty good pilot and marksman (usually).

general_kalle
09-14-2009, 01:35 AM
look for CPS in HL. we have a few european frequenters that you should be able to find in the EU prime time on weekends.

na85
09-14-2009, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

Maybe I should add that its not 'essential' to be succesful.

I think that depends on the aircraft you fly.

Flying the P-51 without regard for RPM and MAP is not a recipe for success.

blairgowrie
09-14-2009, 05:12 AM
By ubizoo do you mean DangerDogz? If so, what is the best way to meet up, the squadrons page? Your website?

And what is the best way to learn how to do complex engine management and deal with engine overheat? Any tutorials or videos that are really useful? I looked in the links at the top of the GD page but didn't really see much in them about CEM. Other than those two settings I fly with all the other handling settings on and am a pretty good pilot and marksman (usually).

Granted a lot of the Danger Dogz fly on the UBI Zoo Coops but no, the UBI Zoo Coops are exclusively for all members of the iL2 Forums. It maybe a bit early in the day for you but being a Saturday that might be ok. UBI Zoo Coops start at 2:30pm EST which would make it 11:30am Pacific. If you have Teamspeak we can give you help with CEM but as Xiolablu3 has already stated, there is not a lot you have do unless you want to.

The TS IP is bg.servegame.org:8767 password ubizoo

Game IP is bg.servegame.org:21000

If you are interested in joining the Danger Dogz, just register at our website and I will look after things from there.

Ba5tard5word
09-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Well I usually play games after about 3pm pacific (6 eastern) on weekends and after about 6 or 7pm pacific during the week. If I could just find one or two people to do some co-op missions with that would be fun for starters--I keep trying to get my friends interested in Il-2 but they aren't into flight sims.

So hyperlobby is the program for finding games, and teamspeak is the program for communication? Like I said I've never played Il-2 online, I'll look at Bearcat's nuggets topic more to see how to get online.

ILikePortillos
09-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Well I usually play games after about 3pm pacific (6 eastern) on weekends and after about 6 or 7pm pacific during the week. If I could just find one or two people to do some co-op missions with that would be fun for starters--I keep trying to get my friends interested in Il-2 but they aren't into flight sims.

So hyperlobby is the program for finding games, and teamspeak is the program for communication? Like I said I've never played Il-2 online, I'll look at Bearcat's nuggets topic more to see how to get online.

Hey Ba5tard5word! My friend Matt and I are in the same boat. We try to get our friends in on it, but they have no interest in learging to fly. I've never understood that.

Matt lives in Los Angeles, and he and I get together at least once, if not twice a week to fly coop. We're currently 10 missions into a 36 mission North African Campaign. If this sounds interesting to you, PM me and I'll get you my IP and let you know when we're playing next. We'd enjoy the company. You can check out my YouTube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/ILikePortillos) to follow our progress so far.

Just FYI, we're not bad pilots, but we're no aces either. We don't currently fly full-real, but we have fun, and take it seriously at the same time. It's funny, but there's always some sort of comedy that comes out of tough situations.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ba5tard5word
09-15-2009, 08:31 PM
ok, check your pm's!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif