PDA

View Full Version : Will AI pilots break off better/faster than in IL-2 FB?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-12-2004, 08:39 AM
I have bought all the IL-2 games so far, but I have one key question before I get this one:

In IL-2 FB, the AI pilots (although they had the ability to break off an engagement) always broke off too late to have any impact - i.e. they were too damaged to escape. Also, they would never disengage when faced with overwhelming numbers, so they often went willingly into suicidal combats, one against many enemies. Has this been adjusted in Pacific Fighters? Will AI pilots still disengage only when they've received critical damage and with no eye on the odds?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-12-2004, 08:39 AM
I have bought all the IL-2 games so far, but I have one key question before I get this one:

In IL-2 FB, the AI pilots (although they had the ability to break off an engagement) always broke off too late to have any impact - i.e. they were too damaged to escape. Also, they would never disengage when faced with overwhelming numbers, so they often went willingly into suicidal combats, one against many enemies. Has this been adjusted in Pacific Fighters? Will AI pilots still disengage only when they've received critical damage and with no eye on the odds?

weasel75
11-12-2004, 08:55 AM
No, in my observation they dont.
Just like most human online-pilots http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif