PDA

View Full Version : Development questions.

AgentCorto
10-03-2007, 02:38 PM
I've always been as interested about the technical side of game as for the game itself. I'm curious about what software was used for content creation in this game. I already know from some sneak peaks and interviews that zbrush and 3dsmax is being used. But maybe, like in Resident Evil 4, where Capcom used Softimage for the character models and the cutscenes, and Maya for level creation, you use more than one modelin package.
If that's so, I would like to know why did you choose one over the other.
Will AC be modifiable?
Just some questions I have going around on my mind.

AgentCorto
10-03-2007, 02:38 PM
I've always been as interested about the technical side of game as for the game itself. I'm curious about what software was used for content creation in this game. I already know from some sneak peaks and interviews that zbrush and 3dsmax is being used. But maybe, like in Resident Evil 4, where Capcom used Softimage for the character models and the cutscenes, and Maya for level creation, you use more than one modelin package.
If that's so, I would like to know why did you choose one over the other.
Will AC be modifiable?
Just some questions I have going around on my mind.

DrZapp
10-03-2007, 04:46 PM
there are plenty of software to develop games..
from what I am aware of:
they've used ZBrush, Photoshop, 3Ds Max, Maya and perhaps a variety of other software.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_development_tool

^^ perhaps

AgentCorto
10-03-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm well aware of the large selection of development tools out there, thanks.

KlNDRED
10-03-2007, 08:21 PM
most probably a variant of C for the programming language. C++, C# most prolly

AgentCorto
10-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Never mind... I'll wait for an actual developer of this game to answer or simply ignore my own thread.