PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Patch Requirements

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 03:17 AM
I`m a little worried about specs needed with IL2/FB patch. The patch release notes put them to be quite high (over 2 gig). I tried the beta patch 8 and noticed that the famous stutters seemed to be back on Leningrad. I went onto Lvov- there too on first Campaign mission when AAA starts firing. Also stutter when approaching enemy planes (especially the Zerstorers). I cut down settings to average. Still stutters. My FPS has not fallen from unpatched version to patch beta.
Now, thankfully, this is a beta so I went onto SimHq and left my notes on this and also noticed other peeps had this worry.
With luck this will be certainly ironed out.

I really do not wish to have to purchase a 3-4 gig machine with a ninja graphics card (again!) for FB. This sim is the only game in which I upgraded just for ie:

XP.
New Motherboard.
Boost to 1gig Ram.
New Audigy Soundcard.
New Optical Mouse.
New graphics (will have to get another soon).
New Keyboard.

All for IL2/FB! Never have I spent so much just for a sim. NO other game has done this! A PATCH should not force me to do so again.

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 03:17 AM
I`m a little worried about specs needed with IL2/FB patch. The patch release notes put them to be quite high (over 2 gig). I tried the beta patch 8 and noticed that the famous stutters seemed to be back on Leningrad. I went onto Lvov- there too on first Campaign mission when AAA starts firing. Also stutter when approaching enemy planes (especially the Zerstorers). I cut down settings to average. Still stutters. My FPS has not fallen from unpatched version to patch beta.
Now, thankfully, this is a beta so I went onto SimHq and left my notes on this and also noticed other peeps had this worry.
With luck this will be certainly ironed out.

I really do not wish to have to purchase a 3-4 gig machine with a ninja graphics card (again!) for FB. This sim is the only game in which I upgraded just for ie:

XP.
New Motherboard.
Boost to 1gig Ram.
New Audigy Soundcard.
New Optical Mouse.
New graphics (will have to get another soon).
New Keyboard.

All for IL2/FB! Never have I spent so much just for a sim. NO other game has done this! A PATCH should not force me to do so again.

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 03:18 AM
Message Edited on 07/25/0310:16AM by SeaFireLIV

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 03:25 AM
Don't worry. Those specs were for if you wanted to run the "Perfect" settings with any degree of fluidity.

Lixma,

Blitzpig.

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 04:44 AM
STOP

I *never* had stutters with Finland map and it runs smooth as silk with 256Mb ram...of course once it loads in FMB that is. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

For real, I flew 262 at low level all over Finland map, with alot of time accel too, over Lenningrad too, and never had a stutter. I got a rather wimpy XP Home system maybe it manages memory better or something. What gives with the stutter? Don't say its "RAM" cos it aint. There is something more going on here.

Not bragging either I do have my problems:: Running under DirectX my FMB freezes up all the time for exactly 8 second intervals. But I run clean in OpenGL but the close rendered forests suddenly cut fps to like 1 or 2. I develop missions in GL, fly in DX. Need new card I guess. I run with sound OFF. From what I have heard, I am not missing anything by doing so, and probably profit by a few fps.

PS:: found a way to get around the crash when you exit a mission under OpenGL. What causes the crash for me is the cockpit. So when I fly under GL, I always make sure I am not in the cockpit when I ESCAPE the mission. I think the high Landscape Lighting sun also causes a crash when exiting in GL, so I make sure I am not looking toward sun when I exit. Haven't crashed in GL since doing these precautions.

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 11:15 AM
This playing campaign and it`s happening even on the Lvov map. This is the patched version btw. And playing with no sound? Forget it!

I`m reasonably confident it will be fixed by release.

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 11:33 AM
The necessary specs for the released patch have been posted by Ubi in the announcement thread.

cheers/slush

http://dk.groups.yahoo.com/group/aktivitetsdage/files/Eurotrolls.gif

You can't handle the truth!
Col. Jessep

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 11:50 AM
From what I heard ppl get rather more FPS instead of stutters.

"degustibus non disputandum"

<center>http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

<center>"Weder Tod noch Teufel!"</font>[/B]</center> (http://www.jzg23.de>[B]<font)

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Seafire, it may behoove you to defrag.

<hr width="400">Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their
shoes!
http://members.rogers.com/teemaz/sig.jpg (http://www.jagdgeschwader1.com)

XyZspineZyX
07-25-2003, 03:46 PM
Jetbuff wrote, trying to be helpful, but failing:

- Seafire, it may behoove you to defrag.
-
-

*sigh* I defragged just recently. In fact twice before I installed this patch (within the week). But I am curios now that others say they`re not having problems... hmmm,,,

My Card is a GF4 mx420.

Before everyone goes on about the card itself, that`s not the issue as it worked fine before, (except Leningrad) with no stuts. It seems to have started with the patch. But I do recall I also installed the 44.03 drivers at the same time. Maybe that`s causing the problem. I`ll look into it.