PDA

View Full Version : Has IL-2 1946 lost left-handed mouse capabilities?

GreyBeast
02-16-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi, I have been flying the game for years. I'm left-handed, so my mouse is switched around to suit my needs. As far as I remember, in-game mouse buttons and OS-level mouse buttons were identical.

I just did a complete clean install of 1946 with my mouse set to lefty style in Windows, but for some reason, when inside the game, the mouse behaves like a right-handed one.

Any ideas?

general_kalle
02-16-2007, 07:52 AM
i dont relly understand what you mean.
im left handed too but i use my right hand.
what exaktly do you have to change when you use your left hand?

im left handed in evrything else but mouse.
had to use right hand as small child cos our mouse was ergonomic...tilted so you must use right hand.

now am happy about it as my current mouse is right hand only aswell.

could you explain exaktly what you mean?

explain exaktly what you meant about

GreyBeast
02-16-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm left-handed. I need to go into Window's Control Panel and go to the Mouse Settings tab to switch mouse buttons so that the right button is the main one, and the left button becomes the "traditional" right-click one.

In the past, IL-2 has taken these settings into the game as well, meaning I select everything, from the first screen onwards, with my left index finger, the right mouse button.

Now, when leaving the desktop and entering into the game, it seems like the mouse has gone back to standard "right-handed-mouse" mode.

horseback
02-16-2007, 09:23 AM
I was going to suggest that you just reassign the desired mouse buttons in the in-game Controls menu, but that won't affect your mouse controls outside the virtual pilots' world, while you're navigating through the game to select your aircraft or build a mission.

But what do you expect? The Russians look like they may be going back to their autocratic roots, and Oleg may not be immune to the social pressure...

cheers

horseback

BaldieJr
02-16-2007, 10:09 AM
I've decided to swap my mouse for one week to see if its worth the effort.

I'm left-handed, using a right-handed mouse.

BaldieJr
02-16-2007, 10:18 AM
yeah ok i quit. clicking is no problem. moving the mouse around with my left hand causes pain in my wrist.

Stargazer_RobW
02-16-2007, 11:33 AM
I have the unfortunate condition fo being cross-dominant. That's where both sides of my brain as weak as the other.

Because of this, despite having settled (for some unknown reason) to writing with my left hand, many things can be done normally and as such have used computer mice in the traditional right handed manner.

Totally irrellevant to the original question but since we now sharing loony-lefty stories I thought I'd chime in.

Although I must admit. I changed my flight yoke to left handed shortly after I got it and my flying got even worse so there are some things that were just not meant to be.

Unless there is a fix or a parameter change in IL2 to reverse it, you could try holding your mouse rotated 180 degrees.

The buttons would be on the correct side but down would be up, left would be right and thinking about it, it might get a bit boring quite quickly so I'll stop typing now.

Rob.

GreyBeast
02-16-2007, 12:17 PM
I don't like to be dominant, let alone cross-dominant, whatever that means...

Anyway, does anyone know if there was actually a setting for it somewhere, 'cause I can't find it. Or has '46 made it so that the mouse is always operated as right-handed mice are?

general_kalle
02-17-2007, 07:15 AM
im not sure that its passible. unfortunatly.
im sorry

x6BL_Brando
02-17-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm permanently left-handed since I lost my right arm in a road accident, but I don't have a problem with using traditional left-click right click settings. I just hit left-click with my middle finger and use my index finger for the right click. I don't use one of those 'ergonomic' right-hand-only mice though.