PDA

View Full Version : Day And Night

warrenmboyd
08-01-2009, 12:33 AM
I was watching the Demo for 39,000 time and i noticed in the beginning It was Extremely Dark But When he Reaches The Palace it is Really Sunny...I just want to know why are they Having A Carnival So Early in The Morning???!!! lol

agentpoop
08-01-2009, 12:37 AM
It was the E3 demo so I think they just wanted to show that the have both times of day. It probably won't be like that in the real game.

Xanatos2007
08-01-2009, 01:43 AM
And hopefully the sun won't move down so quickly either. Did anyone else notice the shadows flying across the rooftop?

Danvish
08-01-2009, 01:44 AM
The carnivals started in the early night and many times laster 'till first light, so there's your answer.

Xana@
I've noticed it too, looks cool!

iAnDyx
08-01-2009, 07:02 AM
its just a demo, i doubth the game will be like that when it comes out, well i hope not anyway i would honestly prefer night play,looks much cooler

thekyle0
08-01-2009, 07:05 AM
We'll most likely be able to adjust the speed. If that's the case I'll probably speed through the day so I can practically stop it at night.

Danvish
08-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
We'll most likely be able to adjust the speed. If that's the case I'll probably speed through the day so I can practically stop it at night.

That's really interesting thought. How will the cycle work? will it be automatic? how long each cycle takes? will you be able to rest and speed up the time (games like Far Cry 2/The Witcher/TES: Oblivion?

SWJS
08-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
We'll most likely be able to adjust the speed. If that's the case I'll probably speed through the day so I can practically stop it at night. Ah yes, but there is a flaw in your intentions. Night and Day play a big role in the game. Setting the game permanently at night will put you at a disatvantage, because there will be less people out at night, and so there will be less oppotunities for you to blend incase you're being pursued by guards. Jade and Patrice have mentioned several times that every aspect of the game will be keyed to stealth and being an assassin.

thekyle0
08-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm talking about doing this while "idle". Not really looking for any missions, just exploring, killing random guards. If I'm going to do a mission then I'll probably plan out day and night. Besides. It's not like I can't speed up the time to make it day when I need it.(Assuming I was right about that feature.)

Better yet, there could be a bonus that you can unlock which lets you lock the time.

Archfahani
08-02-2009, 06:08 PM
@ Ezio

But there also appeared to be a lot of night life in the game so you could probably disappear through them.

Edengoth
08-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah, but that was Carnival. Most nights, probably not so much.

Ureh
08-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I wonder if it'll rain in the game. That would be kinda cool... you know, just to see different weathers.

Edengoth
08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Amen to that!! I love rain, and I love when games incorporate rain into the weather. Pretty!

Xanatos2007
08-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Do you guys think the rain will affect gameplay? You know, make surfaces slippery, provide better sound cover, make it possible for you to swim without having everyone wondering why you have wet clothes, throw off guard dog's sense of smell (if they have them).

godsmack_darius
08-03-2009, 12:02 AM
I agree on the guard dogs thing, and sound cover makes sence too

but swimming without people wondering why your clothes are wet.

But I see where your going with it

Danvish
08-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Do you guys think the rain will affect gameplay? You know, make surfaces slippery, provide better sound cover, make it possible for you to swim without having everyone wondering why you have wet clothes, throw off guard dog's sense of smell (if they have them).

Ubi should employ you, you have great ideas! (and they should imploy me as QC, since I doubt everything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Xanatos2007
08-03-2009, 01:20 AM
I'll ask, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif