PDA

View Full Version : My recommendation to the Community

FKNLunatick
01-04-2011, 07:11 PM
After you play a game, where the other team beats you, especially when they beat you by 10-20-30 thousand points, don't just quit. Rather, put your headset on, get into game chat and, ask them how they did it. Most of the best players I play with will gladly help a new or inexperienced player learn to get better. My friends and I have picked up plenty of "strays" and taught them how to play with and against us and we'd be more than willing to help more if you'd just ask.

There's a lot of tips and tricks that we use to pick you out when you are the hunter and when you are the hunted that you may not be aware of. You may have made yourself more obvious than you thought. We may have used an ability in a way that you hadn't thought of. These are all things that we'd be more than willing to share you if you just ask.

It sucks being on the losing end of a match. We all know this. But the only way you're going to get better is to ask questions and to play against players that are better than you. When you just back out because you didn't like losing all you're doing is passing on a chance to learn and get better.

Many of us want this to be a good and positive community. If you get beaten don't send someone a message saying "f u hacker!". All you did was show how immature you are and show us that you're a sore loser. Don't be shy about sending a PM to players telling them that they had a Good Game whether you win or lose.

obliviondoll
01-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Good call.

If I see someone do something and don't know how they did it, I'll ask.

If I get beaten by someone who's better than me, I'll compliment them.

If I get beaten by a runner who got lucky, my compliment will be slightly more backhanded "Now try and beat me without having 3 times my kill count"

El Zo1212o
01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by GSLunatick:
After you play a game, where the other team beats you, especially when they beat you by 10-20-30 thousand points, don't just quit. Rather, put your headset on, get into game chat and, ask them how they did it. Most of the best players I play with will gladly help a new or inexperienced player learn to get better. My friends and I have picked up plenty of "strays" and taught them how to play with and against us and we'd be more than willing to help more if you'd just ask.

There's a lot of tips and tricks that we use to pick you out when you are the hunter and when you are the hunted that you may not be aware of. You may have made yourself more obvious than you thought. We may have used an ability in a way that you hadn't thought of. These are all things that we'd be more than willing to share you if you just ask.

It sucks being on the losing end of a match. We all know this. But the only way you're going to get better is to ask questions and to play against players that are better than you. When you just back out because you didn't like losing all you're doing is passing on a chance to learn and get better.

Many of us want this to be a good and positive community. If you get beaten don't send someone a message saying "f u hacker!". All you did was show how immature you are and show us that you're a sore loser. Don't be shy about sending a PM to players telling them that they had a Good Game whether you win or lose.
I approve of this post.

DarkxSniperx9
01-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Good call.

If I see someone do something and don't know how they did it, I'll ask.

If I get beaten by someone who's better than me, I'll compliment them.

If I get beaten by a runner who got lucky, my compliment will be slightly more backhanded "Now try and beat me without having 3 times my kill count" Thats more Like a back hand lap with a glove. But I would say the same

Xx El Kino xX
01-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Except 2% of people have mics

papartusedmcrsk
01-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by DigitalPimp5lap:
Except 2% of people have mics

This is true. I do not own a mic.

I try to give people compliments or ask how they stunned me four times when I thought I was being extremely stealthy, but I do not have enough time to type all this out before the rematch.

Price of being broke, I guess?