PDA

View Full Version : 4 Months to the Release - What stage you think they are at?

Danvish
07-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Hi all!

So ACII is exactly 4 months to the release. And I'm just wondering, at what stage you think they are at?
Like, have they done all the missions, and now working on the dubbing? Or perhaps they are just testing it?
Let me know what you think.

DearDirty
07-18-2009, 03:50 AM
Probably running it through a billion times for bug checks and stuff. Smoothing over. I think it takes roughly a month and a bit to package and ship the product for an international release date.

Backadd
07-18-2009, 03:52 AM
I think they are testing it, you know searching fore bugs and that kind of stuff

Danvish
07-18-2009, 04:11 AM
So you think the game itself is ready?
By ready I mean, all the main missions/side missions are in place, all the graphics, the dubbing, and now we're just in testing mode?

DearDirty
07-18-2009, 04:13 AM
Yeah everything would've been done by now. If there were somethings that needed to really be changed they would probably extend the release date sometime soon.

But, hopefully not!

Danvish
07-18-2009, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by DearDirty:
Yeah everything would've been done by now. If there were somethings that needed to really be changed they would probably extend the release date sometime soon.

But, hopefully not!

Damn, 4 months just to check it out?..
That's long -.-

Any chance if they find everything is good that they'll precede the releasing date?

Xanatos2007
07-18-2009, 04:19 AM
Hopefully Jesper's working the $#!% out of the soundtrack. He usually gets to play the games a bit while composing the music, normally one of the last things to do in the game.

Account_Deleted
07-18-2009, 07:55 AM
1= marketing
2= bug test
3= extra details
4= Audio

caswallawn_2k7
07-18-2009, 08:07 AM
actualy they will most likly be finnish offf the world, the triggers and the animations. the game wont be finnished at this point, parts of the game may be in testing but I very much doubt the full game will be done.

if the full game was done they wouldnt of needed to make a demo level for E3 as they could of just set it to play a section of the game. for the size of the team they will be finnsihing off the world and scripts/triggers and working on porting the code between the 3 systems and size optimisations to make the same game fit on a DVD and still have a similar effect to what they can do with a PC install or bluray disc. not to mention working on the hardware support and graphics options for the PC version.

ThePheonix1030
07-18-2009, 08:29 AM
None of us know if multiplayer has been done yet.

<span class="ev_code_white"><sub>And I hope it never will be.</sub></span>

Danvish
07-18-2009, 08:37 AM
But regarding the E3 demo, wouldn't it be smarter to make a special demo that you know is without bugs than taking a part from the whole game which is probably still going through bugs testing?

How long does it take to split the code for the 3 consoles?

revoltingbunny
07-18-2009, 08:41 AM
More than you would think... Don't know really.

Danvish
07-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by revoltingbunny:
More than you would think... Don't know really.

Where they develop it first? Not a pc and then split it to the other 2?

EscoBlades
07-18-2009, 08:56 AM
*strokes AC2 QA demo disc*

Ahem! Yeah, its in the testing phase......

caswallawn_2k7
07-18-2009, 09:50 AM
coding between the 3 is quite a big job, the PC and 360 both use windows so can use similar code, but the game has to be made to fit a DVD for the 360 and for the PC they need to make it work over alot of differant pieces of hardware andd add in graphics scaling to support the hardware, then you have the PS3 that is probly the hardest system to program for as it uses a compleatly new and unique code.

Danvish
07-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Damn, so basicly, they need to test the game to make sure it's bugs-free, then split it to 3 different consoles (another major work) and then probably test it again to make sure the seperating didn't insert any bugs. Right?

And you think by now they've began to seperate it? or they are still in the first testing?

caswallawn_2k7
07-18-2009, 10:29 AM
they will get the base game close to compleate but not do any real testing, then the team will split into 3, these 3 teams will work on a system each porting it to that system, any problems that are found will be passed between the 3 teams so all 3 can test them and fix them (as some bug may come from the porting) incase they are a problem in the base code.

the most recent demonstartion of this I can think of is square have released FF13 in Japan for the PS3 and it was only after the PS3 version was 100% compleate and only needed translating that they started on porting it to the 360 (for america and europe) as they had enough spare dev's to start doing it since the PS3 version was compleate and only needed tweaking for the rest of the world.

Danvish
07-18-2009, 10:35 AM
So you think right now they are still finishing up the game and haven't split it up yet?

caswallawn_2k7
07-18-2009, 10:38 AM
I think if anything it will be the world they are still working on and the modles are much esier to transfer across systems than the actual code. (not including PC to 360 as they are prety much the same thing anyway) so it possible the code is finnished and they are porting it but I still think it will have some work remaining all round, as alot of games generaly only take about 1-2months testing. (this is the reason alot of games get delayed if something big comes up during testing)

Backadd
07-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Didn't they make the E3 demo most to don't tell ppl about the story? (spoiling or what i should call it)

NoxieDC
07-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Backadd:
Didn't they make the E3 demo most to don't tell ppl about the story? (spoiling or what i should call it)
Yeah, no spoils, just like with Will.

Raide
07-19-2009, 08:17 AM
I can tell you exactly which stage the Development team are at.

"ARRRRGGGGGGGGG! PANIC!!!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

NoxieDC
07-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Raide:

"ARRRRGGGGGGGGG! PANIC!!!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Oh snap! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Danvish
07-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Raide:

Now that's not fair! I was like "OMG HE'S GONNA TELL US" and then I was like "Damn."

Biomedical-Fire
07-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Pushing it back into early next year? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jigh23
07-20-2009, 04:08 AM
if they push it back there would have to be something really rong, they have had 400 people working on it for like 3 years or something right?

caswallawn_2k7
07-20-2009, 04:25 PM
@Danvish: never expect anything from Raide http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

@Jigh: AC1 has only been out around a year (november 2007 console and april 2008 PC) so they will of only been working on AC2 around that lenth of time, they will of saved some dev time by using the AC1 engin but they have made considerable changes even to the basic engin by the look of how the game will work.

Atmon
07-21-2009, 09:55 AM
coding between the 3 is quite a big job

Yep! But that's what we are doing in order to get the best from each platform. For example the PS3 version is able to link with the PSP bloodlines title. This is the kind of specific feature that we can come up with. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 10:03 AM
can you not find a way so I can link up my PSP with my PC, cause I dont like AC on the PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Atmon
07-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Lol I'm not sure about that, but I'm certain that AC2 PS3 will work fine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm sure it will work, I just prefer my PC controles. wish more firms made use of the fact the PS3 can support a keyboard and mouse.

ThePheonix1030
07-21-2009, 10:18 AM
It only makes sense that a Sony PSP will link with a Sony PS3. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Danvish
07-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Atmon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> coding between the 3 is quite a big job

Yep! But that's what we are doing in order to get the best from each platform. For example the PS3 version is able to link with the PSP bloodlines title. This is the kind of specific feature that we can come up with. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point is, we don't even like the players using PS3, so how about you release the PS3 version on November 17th, and the PC version on... let's say... October 24th? (My B-day http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

Xanatos2007
07-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Why would you want them to do that? They'd get the good version and we'd get the half complete, bug infested version.

Danvish
07-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Why would you want them to do that? They'd get the good version and we'd get the half complete, bug infested version.

Lies, they'll get a version that can connect to the PSP and get additional 6 weapons, while I can't even get a PC Black Edition to Israel.
And modifying the code to PS3 takes more time than to PC/Xbox, so I think they can release a perfect version of PC/Xbox earlier than PS3 one.

AoKH_newIdea
07-21-2009, 10:41 AM
1= marketing
2= bug test
3= extra details
4= Audio

Ubi (hopefully) has a separate team for marketing, so I doubt they'll wait for production to stop to carry any of that out the door. As for bug testing, I'd be surprised if they're done with the all the game play and campaign elements (i.e., missions, dialogue, etc.). Testing and polishing seems to be something they do along side development, so saving the last few months just for that doesn't seem very probable.

Finishing the audio and dialogue is probably right on the money. Saving the dialogue for the end of production ensures that the actors won't have to return because something in the game changed.

Grimm-X67
07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Danvish:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DearDirty:

But, hopefully not!

Damn, 4 months just to check it out?..
That's long -.-

Any chance if they find everything is good that they'll precede the releasing date?[/QUOTE

Have they ever done that? Anyways I highly doubt they will. I mean, the first one was Pushed back like what 3 times? Twice by a year and then again for like 3 months, and god what a year and three months it was! Watching the videos was like passing a torch through your body.

Anyways, by now they're probably testing, they do I think two testing stages, Alpha and Beta, I think by now they might be at Alpha, Beta would be like by the last two months.

As for having everything established and so forth, they probably do. They're probably jsut doing framerate checks and how smooth the animation is and all that stuff.

caswallawn_2k7
07-22-2009, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

Lies, they'll get a version that can connect to the PSP and get additional 6 weapons, while I can't even get a PC Black Edition to Israel.
And modifying the code to PS3 takes more time than to PC/Xbox, so I think they can release a perfect version of PC/Xbox earlier than PS3 one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
why do you keep saying about changing the reigon code on the PS3? it's the only console that is 100% reigon free ongames. PC is reigon free as the way it is designed doesnt lend it's self to reigon codes and the majority of newer 360 games coming out are also reigon free.

but as far as the PS3 goes the reigon code is never an excuse other than on PSN but that can be fixed by signing up for a new PSN account and saying your in the country the game came from.

Danvish
07-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

And modifying the code to PS3 takes more time than to PC/Xbox, so I think they can release a perfect version of PC/Xbox earlier than PS3 one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
why do you keep saying about changing the reigon code on the PS3? it's the only console that is 100% reigon free ongames. PC is reigon free as the way it is designed doesnt lend it's self to reigon codes and the majority of newer 360 games coming out are also reigon free.

but as far as the PS3 goes the reigon code is never an excuse other than on PSN but that can be fixed by signing up for a new PSN account and saying your in the country the game came from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No no... you get me all wrong.. I wasn't talking about anything like that. I was complaining that no stores make shipments to Israel. Nothing to do with the region-free code. And about the thing that it takes more time to split it to the PS3 than to the PC/360, I've actually said that because that's what you told me.

Iskander_Estel
07-23-2009, 07:52 AM
i bet they`re just saying:
well...lets make Assassins Creed 2..... where to begin? (jaja just kidding)

i think they are just pulishing animation, and sound maybe some details on graphics...

what i belive is that there is going to be perfect and on time...

Cpt_Yanni
07-23-2009, 09:08 AM
I think they are now finishing the missions and side missions part because Patrice Desilets couldn't give a precise amount (number) of "how many" missions there will be. I guess like some already have said, they are finishing the "submissions" and polishing some details so the game runs smooth...

Point is, we don't even like the players using PS3, so how about you release the PS3 version on November 17th, and the PC version on... let's say... October 24th? (My B-day Smile)

Being a Little Bit selfish -__- Anyway ... How earlier the game comes (if it's fully finished!) the better ^^

Backadd
07-23-2009, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atmon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> coding between the 3 is quite a big job

Yep! But that's what we are doing in order to get the best from each platform. For example the PS3 version is able to link with the PSP bloodlines title. This is the kind of specific feature that we can come up with. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point is, we don't even like the players using PS3, so how about you release the PS3 version on November 17th, and the PC version on... let's say... October 24th? (My B-day http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
:O are your B day on October 24th? That's the day fable2 was realised and my little brothers b day and the UN-day or some thing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

ThePheonix1030
07-23-2009, 09:23 AM
That's my dad's birthday, too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

thekyle0
07-25-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm pretty much good with Nov. 17th, (my b-day) XD

Danvish
08-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Well, I've decided to revive this subject, since we're less than 100 days to the target, and we now know for sure that they are recording the voices for the game (the interview with that dude from shortcut).

So, where do you think they are at now?