PDA

View Full Version : Fun Facts about the Dornier 335

Doug_Thompson
02-10-2006, 08:41 PM
FLAPS

It is possible to jam the flaps on a Do 335. I had to fully extend them all the way to the "landing" setting and dive to a speed of more than 700 kmh, but I managed it.

I've dived to 800 kmh, deployed combat flaps and pulled out of the near-vertical dive with no jamming problems. The dive got up to 900 kmh before speed tapered off. The flaps might have continued working beyond that speed, but the plane starts falling apart at at more than 900 kmh.

I've gone as slow as 180 kmh while holding the gunsight steady by using the flaps.

It may not be practical, but it sure is fun.

Doug_Thompson
02-10-2006, 08:41 PM
FLAPS

It is possible to jam the flaps on a Do 335. I had to fully extend them all the way to the "landing" setting and dive to a speed of more than 700 kmh, but I managed it.

I've dived to 800 kmh, deployed combat flaps and pulled out of the near-vertical dive with no jamming problems. The dive got up to 900 kmh before speed tapered off. The flaps might have continued working beyond that speed, but the plane starts falling apart at at more than 900 kmh.

I've gone as slow as 180 kmh while holding the gunsight steady by using the flaps.

It may not be practical, but it sure is fun.

p1ngu666
02-10-2006, 10:15 PM
combat flaps dont jam

AH_Gonzo
02-11-2006, 03:44 AM
Gentle dive with no power, 270Kmh on the speed bar, deploy landing flaps...

Spend the next few seconds wondering why the thing wants to float up like an elevator and why hitting raise flaps button has no effect.