PDA

View Full Version : "Wakiki ees Dump in 1941!"

jamesdietz
11-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Recently ( while flying a "routine patrol" SBD over Pearl Harbor,) I deviated slightly to fly over my girlfriend's house in Honolulu...& boy was I surprised at what the town apparently looked like in 1941!!! The beautiful beach at wakiki was gone as was the lazily beautiful small city of Honolulu...replaced with a dirty little working post more reminisant of Novosebursk... I thinkI'll be taking my next 48 hour shore leave elsewhere...say Leningrad!

jamesdietz
11-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Recently ( while flying a "routine patrol" SBD over Pearl Harbor,) I deviated slightly to fly over my girlfriend's house in Honolulu...& boy was I surprised at what the town apparently looked like in 1941!!! The beautiful beach at wakiki was gone as was the lazily beautiful small city of Honolulu...replaced with a dirty little working post more reminisant of Novosebursk... I thinkI'll be taking my next 48 hour shore leave elsewhere...say Leningrad!

Nige_Reconman
11-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Flying over port moeby gives me the same thing a stock European city. It's kind of annoying.

Dunkelgrun
11-11-2004, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nige_Reconman:
Flying over port moeby gives me the same thing a stock European city. It's kind of annoying. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never been to Port Morseby but I did look up some photos. So where's all the hills gone? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Cheers!