PDA

View Full Version : Secrets & Cheat Codes

PennySillin
12-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Good day, hopeful Driver fans. I feel this is an important topic that needs its own place. Secrets keep exploration alive, something the Driver series lacks that will make on foot soooo much better.

The Timmies and stars are a good start, but its not enough for these huge cities. Post your secrets & cheats and anything that is somewhat close to the topic. And get creative with it.

Secrets & Hidden Treasures:
------------------------------
* Car parts you can purchase after finding (find them at junk yards or anywhere really, entire engines, chassis even)
* Make it challenging to find some of these objects, maze's, a physical workout (climbing between two buildings by pressing on their walls), jumping a car onto a small rooftop, underwater tunnel
* Find secret tools, like a grappling hook Batman would use (that you can also use to pull objects towards you)

Cheats:
--------------
* Fly (out of the car, or in), located on top of a tall building
* Super Strength, lift and throw vehicles
* Infinite Mass

Feel free to state the obvious, just in case

Driverman2006
12-15-2007, 09:33 AM
When you beat the game, I was thinking we can unlock the "Do-anything" vehicle. It's a really exotic looking sportscar (like a 2004 Saleen S7 looking car). That can run on any environment. It can run on the road with road tires, off road with off roading or snow tires, on the railroad tracks with train wheels (steel wheels that are flanged), in the air with wings (and having airplane-type controls on it when flying), or on the water with no wheels and fins. You can change the kind of things that make it move by the push of a button (like if you want to have the car transform from having road tires to train wheels, you could do that, the car will just be on the ground for a second so the wheels could switch). This car will be the fastest vehicle in the whole game on any kind of environment. And you can make it anything (based on what it can do). You could make it a "Car" or "ATV" or "Train" or "Plane" or "Boat". It will also have a gattling gun and rocket launcher (with infinite ammo) on it so you could shoot anything without using your handguns. In addition, it will also be fully bullet proof, explosion proof, damage proof, etc. Making it so when you drive it, nothing can stop you. Do you think this would be a cool unlockable?

Assault_machine
12-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Personally, I believe that the Driver franchise doesn't need a lot of cheats to make it feel unique. Once again, this is more of quantity and not quality. Let us have cheats that are new and unique, while also having invincibility, immunity, and those other cheats that we've seen in D1-D3, but lets not have Reflections spend too much time on the cheats.

Driverman2006
12-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Don't forget D:PL's cheats now. We need those back too like Body Snatchers and Far Out.

Assault_machine
12-15-2007, 10:38 AM
If you say so, but lets have it take more difficulty for you to obtain cheats (as opposed to just driving for some time), much like playing through the multiple careers and finishing them, even if it means that you have to play through them more than once (on higher difficulties) to be able to achieve that.

And when it comes to the cheats, I want the majority of it to be for the driving. It should not have to be "too similar" to GTA.

PennySillin
12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
That would take to long to be worth it. I'm not saying we need cheat codes to make the game unique, it just adds to the fun by changing it up some.

For example, isn't infinite mass mode fun? Yes, but not all the time, thats why a healthy dose of cheats that alter the gameplay are in order. Fugitive mode, a bit harsh in D3, I'd prefer something along the lines of the riots in GTA, instead of every single person always attacking you.

The only reason to you that cheat codes are quantity, not quality, is because you can't think of any cool, good ideas. That career idea? Quantity. Trying to be so different from GTA when you're idea is just building more (that is not needed) onto a previous GTA idea.

InsaneDriver06
12-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by PennySillin:
Good day, hopeful Driver fans. I feel this is an important topic that needs its own place. Secrets keep exploration alive, something the Driver series lacks that will make on foot soooo much better.

The Timmies and stars are a good start, but its not enough for these huge cities. Post your secrets & cheats and anything that is somewhat close to the topic. And get creative with it.

Secrets & Hidden Treasures:
------------------------------
* Car parts you can purchase after finding (find them at junk yards or anywhere really, entire engines, chassis even)
* Make it challenging to find some of these objects, maze's, a physical workout (climbing between two buildings by pressing on their walls), jumping a car onto a small rooftop, underwater tunnel
* Find secret tools, like a grappling hook Batman would use (that you can also use to pull objects towards you)

Cheats:
--------------
* Fly (out of the car, or in), located on top of a tall building
* Super Strength, lift and throw vehicles
* Infinite Mass

Feel free to state the obvious, just in case

Since Driver 1, 2, 3 and DPL have some great cheats, I like these ideas, since they're not part of the actual game storyline, but a diversion after completing the game.

I'd like a Zombie cheat, where all the pedestrians slowly walk after Tanner and attack when close.

Or a cheat that turns off ALL pedestrians, vehicles, one to change the weather, flying vehicles, so on. Hopefully they'll have some time to put in some clever cheats.

I do like the idea of finding parts for upgrades to vehicles.

Driverman2006
12-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Hey, does anybody like my idea for the "Do-Anything" vehicle? I put an effort into that idea.

InsaneDriver06
12-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Driverman2006:
When you beat the game, I was thinking we can unlock the "Do-anything" vehicle. It's a really exotic looking sportscar (like a 2004 Saleen S7 looking car). That can run on any environment. It can run on the road with road tires, off road with off roading or snow tires, on the railroad tracks with train wheels (steel wheels that are flanged), in the air with wings (and having airplane-type controls on it when flying), or on the water with no wheels and fins. You can change the kind of things that make it move by the push of a button (like if you want to have the car transform from having road tires to train wheels, you could do that, the car will just be on the ground for a second so the wheels could switch). This car will be the fastest vehicle in the whole game on any kind of environment. And you can make it anything (based on what it can do). You could make it a "Car" or "ATV" or "Train" or "Plane" or "Boat". It will also have a gattling gun and rocket launcher (with infinite ammo) on it so you could shoot anything without using your handguns. In addition, it will also be fully bullet proof, explosion proof, damage proof, etc. Making it so when you drive it, nothing can stop you. Do you think this would be a cool unlockable?

I'd like to control a SpyHunter/007 James Bond multi-ability vehicle in a Driver game after it was completed.

JacksonL2007
12-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Driverman2006:
Hey, does anybody like my idea for the "Do-Anything" vehicle? I put an effort into that idea.

I thought it was awesome, It should change shape completely i think though like TRANSFORMERS. A sports bike turning into a train would be cool, ok impossible but COOL. and i like cool because cools cool and everyone likes cool
Your idea is cool

PennySillin
12-16-2007, 03:20 PM
That reminds me of one of my old ideas for a cheat code to have a Mech robot that you could hop into and just walk around town, unloading bullets, missiles (including bombs/grenades), lasers, any kind of weapon really. And it would fly of course.

In fact, thats way better than a jet or helicopter, just give us a few different mechs hidden very well in different underground bunkers. Different abilities for each one, one shoots fire, one is missiles, one is lasers (and you can hold the button to shoot bigger lasers like Megaman), all would shoot bullets.

And you could throw vehicles around and tear them apart. One could have magnets that attract or repel. One would shoot electricity!

InsaneDriver06
12-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by PennySillin:
That reminds me of one of my old ideas for a cheat code to have a Mech robot that you could hop into and just walk around town, unloading bullets, missiles (including bombs/grenades), lasers, any kind of weapon really. And it would fly of course.

In fact, thats way better than a jet or helicopter, just give us a few different mechs hidden very well in different underground bunkers. Different abilities for each one, one shoots fire, one is missiles, one is lasers (and you can hold the button to shoot bigger lasers like Megaman), all would shoot bullets.

And you could throw vehicles around and tear them apart. One could have magnets that attract or repel. One would shoot electricity!

Building a mech model for a car game cheat would require a bit of time for the mech, appearance, movement, controls, etc. I could picture a cheat like that in a Metal Gear Solid 4 game, but Driver? It'd be fun anyway as a cheat.

Consider games like Robot Alchemic Drive, where you control a huge mech, destroying a city.

PennySillin
12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
I just remembered some of my old ideas:

Venice Cheat: All streets are rivers, you can now take boats where streets used to go, also cars are amphibious. On hills, there will be a current going the same direction as the lane to help get up those hills

Road Train: Basically a train you can drive on the road and steer. Or when you activate the cheat, you must find a train, but can steer it off the tracks and drive it.

And a new one:

Time Freeze: Just as it says, you can freeze time, but still walk around, set up cars in front of a train that is about to cross a road, anyway, basically manipulating the environment for a better replay video, kind of like a take 2, only without resetting. You could spawn vehicles/items/roadside "furniture"/ramps/explosions from a menu. Kind of like my old developer mode idea.

This would be one of the hardest cheats to obtain. I'm thinking something along the lines of a map on a wall somewhere in the city would have a dot on it where you need to go next, when you get there it could be another map. There would have to be some sort of challenge at each one, battle your way through a heavily guarded warehouse to find this map.

Also, if this map idea is used for other cheat codes, when you find a map, you should be able to overlay it onto your pause map in case there are paths you need to follow, multiple points of interest, etc...

This last one is inspired by the Frisco trains in D1, there were two trains going the opposite direction, and I always wanted to park directly between them when they passed eachother to see what crazy things the physics would do

Dylan77
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
@ PennySillin
That would crazy awesome especially the time freeze that would be crazy. walk over to a squad of cops start beating the **** out of 'em or like u said putting a whole bunch of cars on the train tracks and then !!!KABOOM!!!

PennySillin
12-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Stack cars like dominoes, or just stack them high an crash into them, set up a ramp, roll your car on top of a lot full of cars...

Secret Vehicles:
----------------------
* Monster Truck (like the size of the one from the original Stuntman, or a bit bigger)
* Tank that can smash cars into the ground
* Ramp car that easily drives under anything and flips it. Make it able to drive over curbs though
* Mech robot, of course
* Hydroplane jet boat
* Huge forklift, one that can lift a semi trailer
* Indy car that can reach speeds of 240mph, with a tunnel we can drive on the roof of.

InsaneDriver06
12-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Time Freeze sounds like a good one, something like a Twilight Zone episode, or that game TimeShift.

Formula One Racers would be great. 21,000 RPMs.