PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting TeamSpeak to work

Frankthetank36
12-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Just installed Teamspeak and can't get the thing to connect to the first bookmark that I am trying to create, the profile for Skies of Fire. On the SoF website, the only information they give you is the Teamspeak IP and the Server IP. I am not sure which IP to use as the address in the TS bookmark menu, but I have tried both and neither would connect. I then noticed a little button at the bottom of the menu. I have no idea what to put for Phonetic Nickname, Default Channel, Channel password, or unique server ID. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Frankthetank36
12-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Bumpage

Monterey13
12-29-2009, 07:29 PM
All you need to get started is...

Put their Teamspeak IP in the box that says "Server Address".

Put your name in "nickname"

check "anonymous"

Hit "connect"

xTHRUDx
12-29-2009, 07:40 PM
is your client software TS3 or TS2?

is the server you are trying to connect to TS2 or TS3?

otherwise try here www.teamspeak.com (http://www.teamspeak.com)

Frankthetank36
01-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Using teamspeak 3. Not sure where the "anonymous" box is.

AndyJWest
01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
I think that most servers are likely to still be using TS2, unless they specify otherwise. TS2 & TS3 aren't compatable, as I understand it.

Frankthetank36
01-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Gah. Is there even a way to talk to your teammates without the enemy being able to hear, since they use the same address and stuff?

AndyJWest
01-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Well, you can have a 'red' channel and a 'blue' channel, but there is nothing much you can do to stop the 'enemy' listening to your channel. Unless of course you do what the USAAF did, and recruit native-Americans to speak in a language (Navaho?) the German's couldn't understand.

Ayway, it tends to even out - you hear them, they hear you, and there is nothing preventing you having a few prearranged misleading messages ready. All's fair in love and war. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Frankthetank36
01-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Any servers that actually do have a red and blue channel? The nice thing about type chat is you can select whether all people see the message, or just the friendlies. I am sure that they could cheat by using another PC and choosing the enemy team to read chat messages, or something. I would just like to plan attacks without the enemy knowing (not too difficult with chatting unless another teammate accidentally sends the message to everyone). Also would help with "frequency" congestion.