PDA

View Full Version : surviving a fast speed low altitude bail out or how fast an horizontal bullet tumbles

raaaid
06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
at high speed when low if you pitch slightly up even horizontal you wont fall at free fall rate, if you pitch up youl be taken up alot by the speed and even horizontally consider this bullet example

if you shoot a tracer you can see how it doesnt tumble at free fall rate

thats the reason why para killers have to deflect shoot, if bullets fell at the same rate than the parashoots would happen the following:

the parachutist bails in front of you at 1000m distance you shoot aiming exactly at him, on the y coordenates bullet and parachutist fall at the same rate on the x coordenates parachutist is still and bullets advances fast

obviously at some point bullet and parachutist collide

raaaid
06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
at high speed when low if you pitch slightly up even horizontal you wont fall at free fall rate, if you pitch up youl be taken up alot by the speed and even horizontally consider this bullet example

if you shoot a tracer you can see how it doesnt tumble at free fall rate

thats the reason why para killers have to deflect shoot, if bullets fell at the same rate than the parashoots would happen the following:

the parachutist bails in front of you at 1000m distance you shoot aiming exactly at him, on the y coordenates bullet and parachutist fall at the same rate on the x coordenates parachutist is still and bullets advances fast

obviously at some point bullet and parachutist collide

Tux-UK
06-22-2007, 04:26 PM
If the parachutist's vertical velocity was zero at the instant that the bullet left the gun barrel, and the bullet was fired exactly horizontally at the parachutist, then the bullet would, in theory, hit the parachutist at an elevation below that at which they both started.

It wouldn't work if one or other object (the bullet or the parachutist) reached its terminal velocity before they met, allowing the other to continue accelerating to a higher vertical velocity and thus pass below it.

I think that's your answer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

raaaid
06-22-2007, 04:45 PM
maybe chute killers could answer this question wheather you have to put a lead an a chuter or not

but my main point is that an horizontal shot bullet cant touch the ground at the same time that if you drop it from your hand

a crackpot theory would be that as gyros acquire resistance to move, objects moving linearly acquire resistance to move on the other directions

a more consistent once that proves this is that if you shoot a bullet very fast horizontally it will enter into a very eccentric orbit and hit your neck so it wouldnt tumble at all

what i wonder is if tumbling in game is what is tipically taught or takes this into account

i bet dev team must have realized that tumble taught in books didnt fit what they saw on guncams

the game just look like guncams