PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Mirror?

Martosaurus
06-24-2004, 10:08 PM
One of the features that I find sorely lacking in IL2 is an easy way to "check six" (i.e., a rear view) from the cockpit.Would it be technically feasible to provide a small window, say 1 by 1 1/2 inches on the screen to simulate the rear vision mirrors as attatched to the top of the windscreen of aircraft such as the Spitfire or Mustang?

Martosaurus
06-24-2004, 10:08 PM
One of the features that I find sorely lacking in IL2 is an easy way to "check six" (i.e., a rear view) from the cockpit.Would it be technically feasible to provide a small window, say 1 by 1 1/2 inches on the screen to simulate the rear vision mirrors as attatched to the top of the windscreen of aircraft such as the Spitfire or Mustang?

WTE_Galway
06-24-2004, 10:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martosaurus:
One of the features that I find sorely lacking in IL2 is an easy way to "check six" (i.e., a rear view) from the cockpit.Would it be technically feasible to provide a small window, say 1 by 1 1/2 inches on the screen to simulate the rear vision mirrors as attatched to the top of the windscreen of aircraft such as the Spitfire or Mustang?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

aircraft that historically had a rearview mirror have on in IL2

by default it i sturned off as the frame rate hit is huge

map a key to the mirror and turn it on

BlakJakOfSpades
06-24-2004, 10:12 PM
you can have a rear view mirror, on the spit and hurricane and p-40 and p-47 and some others...maybe thats it anyways just assign a key for "Toggle Mirrors Show/Mode" and itll pop up

WTE_Galway
06-24-2004, 10:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlakJakOfSpades:
you can have a rear view mirror, on the spit and hurricane and p-40 and p-47 and some others...maybe thats it anyways just assign a key for "Toggle Mirrors Show/Mode" and itll pop up<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty sure the p38 does as well .. not sure what the complete list is

Martosaurus
06-24-2004, 10:29 PM
Sweet! Thanks!

S 8
06-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Or more idealist,A R2D2 unit.

IAFS_Painter
06-25-2004, 01:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlakJakOfSpades:
you can have a rear view mirror, on the spit and hurricane and p-40 and p-47 and some others...maybe thats it anyways just assign a key for "Toggle Mirrors Show/Mode" and itll pop up<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty sure the p38 does as well .. not sure what the complete list is<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup - and you can add the La7 to that list - probably other types too.

I'd suggest testing mirrors as part of your checks: either as you spawn; or imediatly after settling Gear Up.

Heads Up - mirror has three states ...
Off
Low Detail (see ground, but not see runways)
Detail (see runways reflected)

There is an FPS hit for mirrors - and they are no substitute for looking over your shoulder.

http://www.robert-stuart.me.uk/il2/signature/paint_sig_003.jpg
il2airracing.com (http://www.il2airracing.com) Painter's Pages (http://www.robert-stuart.me.uk/il2)
I've given up correcting my own spelling
Unless I've corrected it here

Monson74
06-25-2004, 01:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Superluminal:
Or more idealist,A R2D2 unit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you! Now I know why the X-wings & Y-wings had R2s installed - but why didn't they have blasters?

S!

Monson

"So when Diogenes perceived that he was greatly excited and quite keyed up in mind with expectancy, he toyed with him and pulled him about in the hope that somehow he might be moved from his pride and thirst for glory and be able to sober up a little. For he noticed that at one time he was delighted, and at another grieved at the same thing, and that his soul was as unsettled as the weather at the solstices when both rain and sunshine come from the very same source."

(Dio Chrysostom "Discourse" 4.77-78)

wimtergoose
06-25-2004, 03:30 AM
I am ussing the New View program.
There you can sett up sjeck six.
I have programmet like this :
Sjeck six left = Page down
Sjeck six right = page up

Here I can see ewerythin just as I was looking over my shoulders.

Sjekk mirror = home
Here I can sjeck my six in those planes that has a mirror.

When i touch the Delete button I can scan all the view from right six to left six all the way arround.
Werry good when I am on the way to a target.
I use it werry often in the mission with ME 110

F19_Ob
06-25-2004, 04:02 AM
There were rearmirrors in the later 109's too, dont know if they are modeled in fb though.
I never use mirrors because the simulation turns to slideshow on my comp http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/icon_twisted.gif