PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite villain in the AC series?(minor spoilers)

breedlove94
12-30-2011, 01:23 PM
I would have to say out of all the games my favorite villain would have to be Al Mualim from AC1. His motives for betraying the Assassins order are understandable, considering the never-ending fighting during the Crusades and the tempting power of The Apple of Eden. Also his father-son/mentor-student relationship created an interesting and somewhat emotional conclusion to AC1.

Rakudaton
12-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Meh, I actually hated Al Mualim. I felt I could sympathise with all of the Templars, but he clearly was out for his own personal gain.

I loved Prince Ahmet, because he made blatant the "we have the same goals" paradox of AC, and actually made quite a convincing and eloquent case for the Templars. He struck me as a completely normal bloke, and was able to have an honest heart-to-heart conversation with Ezio, even though the two were leaders of two ancient enemy factions.

breedlove94
12-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Meh, I actually hated Al Mualim. I felt I could sympathise with all of the Templars, but he clearly was out for his own personal gain.

I loved Prince Ahmet, because he made blatant the "we have the same goals" paradox of AC, and actually made quite a convincing and eloquent case for the Templars. He struck me as a completely normal bloke, and was able to have an honest heart-to-heart conversation with Ezio, even though the two were leaders of two ancient enemy factions. Yeah, I liked Prince Ahmet too, just because he truly believed he was doing right (kinda like Robert de Sable). My only problem was that the game ended before we got to know more about his character. I was also kinda ****ed the way he died as well. it seems the antagonist with the most sympathetic views got the cheapest death.

SixKeys
12-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Tough choice between Al Mualim and Vidic. I like Vidic for his sleazy demeanor, his voice actor is just fantastic in portraying Vidic's arrogance, self-importance and lust for power. Since I couldn't choose both, I ultimately went with Al Mualim. Despite the fact that he was working for his own selfish goals, he actually seemed able to understand both the Templar and Assassin ideals, at least well enough to be able to deceive both sides. His speeches to Alta´r seemed sincere, like he really understood what the creed stood for, he just couldn't agree with it anymore after becoming corrupted by the Apple. He had an understanding for both opposing sides, that made him interesting. All the other villains since, save for prince Ahmet, have been merely power-hungry nobles.

SolidSage
12-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Ezio. He's my favoritest mass murderer EVER!

Jamison_J_B
12-30-2011, 11:10 PM
I went with Cesare. The guy is twisted. He has these grandiose ideas of conquest, ruthless and sick (who has sex with their sister?). Rodrigo was a close second.