PDA

View Full Version : Online play

blazer-glory
06-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Ive only played online a few times but Ive noticed there's not much to do apart for dog fight. Isn't it possible to design your own scenarios for example,the first team to destroy the others HQ or for one team to defend a diplomatic plane while the other team try to shoot it down?

Kazimierz.
06-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Yes. Its called co-op

Bearcat99
06-14-2005, 04:25 PM
There are plenty of coops and scripted DF servers on HL.

Recon_609IAP
06-14-2005, 04:34 PM
This area is really lacking in flight sims - check out other online games, they have done wonders by introducing game modes - ie. think of what CTF, CS, DoD, etc... did for FPS's.

I hope to see developers apply some creativity - yes, there is more than FM's to be coded in flight sims http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'd be happy to see something better than these scripted servers that promote nothing but kill stealing as people just care about stats. This game needs a true 'teamplay' setup that rewards teamwork. Also, it could use some moving objects for DF servers with target areas, etc... dynamically changing frontlines - I don't fly scripted servers, too many times do I spend 10-15 minutes getting to altitude to see the server change maps on me!

blazer-glory
06-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah you got the idea. Lets hope someone takes note.

civildog
06-14-2005, 07:12 PM
For that matter the game comes with a batch of online campaigns that are a lot of fun when opened up online to both, or just one side.