PDA

View Full Version : A REAL Assassins Creed game with your iPhone as the weapon

Duranador
12-15-2010, 08:02 PM
The application would work like this.
if there's an assassin or an abstergo agent close by to you (lets say on the subway), your iphone would beep. Looking at the screen it would tell you how close the assassin is to you.
The assassin will also get info on your general location. The objective of the game will be to get as close to your target as possible and tap your iPhone at him. thus confirming a kill.

El Zo1212o
12-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Duranador:
The application would work like this.
if there's an assassin or an abstergo agent close by to you (lets say on the subway), your iphone would beep. Looking at the screen it would tell you how close the assassin is to you.
The assassin will also get info on your general location. The objective of the game will be to get as close to your target as possible and tap your iPhone at him. thus confirming a kill. android, please.

Duranador
12-15-2010, 08:15 PM
ElZo would the Android support the "Tap forward" ability that the iPhone does. I also want to place animated items in the real world for you to find that you can ONLY detect via your smartphone camera, using a GPS system.
Move your camera over a park bench for example and you can find a Stronger Sword or better armor.

xcamthemandudex
12-15-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd be down for that. If you, or someone, could get such an app up and running.

It reminds me of Spoons.

TheRighteousOne
12-15-2010, 08:58 PM
The one problem I'd have with this is that I don't think I'd run into someone using this often enough. Unless it was one of my friends in which case it would ruin the stealth aspect of things. "Oh my phone is beeping. Guess I'm gonna have to go kill Jud Again."

That and I think the urge to drop what I'm doing to go kill someone would be so great I might screw myself over. "Why were you late for work?" "Uh... I had to go kill someone."

Still in theory I love this idea.

Cloudfuel
12-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Awesome, I love it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TA814
12-15-2010, 09:26 PM
haha sounds pretty cool, would be pretty hard to get something like that started i would think. It would be really akward if you tried to kill the wrong person, say they used a "decoy" or something. Then you tried to iPhone tap some random person lol, I bet you'd get a lot of wierd looks.

MilsurpShooter
12-16-2010, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by TA814:
haha sounds pretty cool, would be pretty hard to get something like that started i would think. It would be really akward if you tried to kill the wrong person, say they used a "decoy" or something. Then you tried to iPhone tap some random person lol, I bet you'd get a lot of wierd looks.

That's what's called Stealth

*Tap wrong person, wrong person looks over at you with wierd glance as you get "contract lost" notice*

"Oh, sorry, train shifted"

TA814
12-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by postwick:

and two people running around the subway station like idiots, climbing up walls, knocking people over, climbing on top of the trains all while dropping smoke bombs and throwing knives at each other....might not go over so well.

hahaha right, that's how I pictured it.

MilsurpShooter you're right about using stealth to cover it up, but I just see certain times where it wouldn't be that simple.

sandmanssorrow
12-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Great idea for a game. Not sure about tapping the phone AT someone but getting in close proximity to the targets phone and pressing an action button would work.
Upgrades, abilities, etc, sounds like a marketable and profitable product, only problem being the rage that some feel when getting jacked in MP game is now only a few feet away from you and said player might want to get revenge a little differently than remorphing your blend group or running into you and knocking you over...we might see our player pool spending some time 'inside' if you know what I'm saying.

El Zo1212o
12-17-2010, 09:55 AM
ElZo would the Android support the "Tap forward" ability that the iPhone does. I also want to place animated items in the real world for you to find that you can ONLY detect via your smartphone camera, using a GPS system.
Move your camera over a park bench for example and you can find a Stronger Sword or better armor.
El Zorro, if you please.

I don't know what 'tap forward' is, so I can't say. I do like the idea of a minimap app that you can use to get a kill- maybe even have a number of buttons for a specific kill- poison, knife, throwing knives, explosives- why not?

Unless OP is a member of ubisoft, he'd have to make it different enough from the actual Assassin's Creed to avoid being smited by the copyright gods, so think up other assassin-y kinds of kills.(yes, I said 'assassin-y'!)

Of course, if you're on the receiving end, something dramatic should happen- 007-style blood flowing down the screen, or something similar.

ajollydevil
12-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Thatd be cool, cept theres too many creepos thatd abuse that ability. For instance, I dont know about you guys, but I think itd be really creepy to find some random guy following you around to get you. 'specially if that random guy is like an old guy or somthing.

Duranador
12-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by ajollydevil:
Thatd be cool, cept theres too many creepos thatd abuse that ability. For instance, I dont know about you guys, but I think itd be really creepy to find some random guy following you around to get you. 'specially if that random guy is like an old guy or somthing.

LOL @ajollydevil. "Officer Officer!! there's some 40yr old fat guy in an assassins creed outfit coming after me to try and get me!!"
Plus i'm also a little worried about cops seeing people running like crazy while a few other people are chasing after them with a Black Object that looks like a gun in their hands http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
and what if someone took the game too far and did a free run into a moving car or a bus!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
MASSACRE!! Stunned!!
contract lost...

xcamthemandudex
12-17-2010, 09:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajollydevil:

LOL @ajollydevil. "Officer Officer!! there's some 40yr old fat guy in an assassins creed outfit coming after me to try and get me!!"
Plus i'm also a little worried about cops seeing people running like crazy while a few other people are chasing after them with a Black Object that looks like a gun in their hands http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
and what if someone took the game too far and did a free run into a moving car or a bus!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
MASSACRE!! Stunned!!
contract lost... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is horribly funny! I would hope no one sacrifices their life for a game...