PDA

View Full Version : missions and skins

LoboRojo1966
07-02-2007, 01:55 AM
i was wondering if some1 could tell me how to get the campains and skins unziped..ie i use winzip9..what should i unzip too..plz keep it simple i'm not "computer smart" at all..
Lobo

thanks in advance any help is very much apprecated

VW-IceFire
07-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Well if you open Explorer (Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer) and go and find your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" folder then you should see a whole bunch of sub folders.

Missions goes in the "Missions" folder and "PaintSchemes" is where you'll find all of the various skins and art assets. If the missions are for a campaign then obviously the campaign sub folder is the place to put them. Everything is further organized by country (DE = Germany/Luftwaffe, GB=Great Britain, UN=US Navy, US=USAAF, etc.). Under skins you'll see the names of all of the aircraft in the game. Skins should be unzipped in the appropriate directory.

Its all really straightforward actually. Not really a matter of too much computer savvyness (is that a word). If you know how to operate Winzip then this should be easy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LoboRojo1966
07-02-2007, 11:44 AM
well ican see it in the camp folder under de..but its not showing in the game under german campains..it seelowe heights with the do325

Scorpion.233
07-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Just throw it in the DE folder? Apparently you found it, what's the problem?

LoboRojo1966
07-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Finding it IN game is the problem..it doesnt show when i load up offline...i looked under missions and campains..its in the de campain folder how do i play it?

Low_Flyer_MkVb
07-02-2007, 12:57 PM
The mission should be made up of two files - a .mis one and a properties one.

Is it in a separate sub-folder eg: Missions/single/de/Seelowe_Heights?

If not right-click once inside the 'de' folder, make a new folder and name it anything that makes sense to you, then put the mission in new folder.

Hope it helps.

LoboRojo1966
07-02-2007, 08:58 PM
well i'll try that..i even followed a campain makers read me and it still didnt show...the 8th air force ...which is 1946 compatible..guess i'll try a defrag and reinstall,,nvr had a prob with other games such as combat missions afrika korps so..
thx for the help

Lobo

Zeus-cat
07-02-2007, 09:37 PM
A defrag and reinstall won't help. You are doing something wrong.

1) Unzip the SEELOWE Zip to a temporary folder.
2) Find the GatesofBerlin folder in the unzipped files (SEELOWE/Missions/Campaign/DE/ GatesofBerlin). There are no spaces in the name of the campaign folder - do NOT add any!
3) Open Windows Explorer and go to the IL-2 1946 game folder for the German campaigns ... Missions\Campaign\DE.
4) Copy the GatesofBerlin CAMPAIGN folder to the DE folder. DO NOT copy the individual missions to the DE folder. This will NOT work!
5) The individual missions should be inside the GatesofBerlin folder you just copied. You can play the campaign now.

Inside the GatesofBerlin folder are the following:
info file
CAMPAIGN file
Berlin1.mis through Berlin14.mis
Berlin1.properties through Berlin14.properties

LoboRojo1966
07-03-2007, 04:23 PM
thx zeus-cat..and the rest of you guys..following zeus's simple instrutions was able to sort it out thanks a bunch
Lobo