PDA

View Full Version : game does not seem to shutdown after I quit game

rattatatta
11-10-2007, 11:16 AM
I am totally new with pf and flight sims,and recently downloaded pf v4.01 I am having a problem with this...when I quit the game and click yes to quit it shuts off and goes back to the desktop screen,If I try to resart the game it says "cannot run multiple instances of this application" also after quitting game certain functions do not work...(my computer;control panel;my documents) the only thing that works is a restart of my computer. Do I need a patch to correct this, or have I made a boo-boo somewhere? Also how do you find the bad guys, or know what direction you are going,as I guess I don't understand the heading readings, and don't see a "N-S-E-W" type compass. I have played flight games, but not sims, and am eager to get things fixed, and get into the action. Any help is appreciated

Zeus-cat
11-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I am not familiar with your eact problem, but I do have resource problems for a short time after shutting the game down. My experience has been that the game is a resource hog and ties up memory and resources for a minute or so after shutting down. That is on a low end machine and on my new PC it seems to be much less noticeable.

Patch_whiner
11-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Hello rattatatta,

Welcome to the world of simulations. This can be quite hard if your used to consoles etc. It seems pacific fighters is still running even though you have quit. Go to the task manager and see what your cpu usage is like, it should be 99% system idle. Right click on the task bar and select task manager to do this then search of il2fb.exe and if this is still running right click and end process. Latest update is 4.04 so you might try that. At the bottom left of the screen you can see your heading as well as speed and altitude. It is possible to switch off the speed and alt but not heading. You can locate enemies by looking at the map. Having labels on also helps identify the enemy, switching off no icons in the settings makes it possible to see aircraft whwn otherwise you might have great difficulty. I always have labels (icons) showing because you are limited in your view and the AI certainly isn't. Hope this helps.

PW

rattatatta
11-10-2007, 04:30 PM
ok I got the game to shut off by using the task manager (at least better than a restart everytime) thanks to Patch_whiner for that......tried a few quick missons and spashed my first bad guys......cool!!!

buddywoof
11-20-2007, 07:35 PM
HI Rattatatta,
I have the exact same problem with the game not exiting properly. I always have to go to the task bar to kill the .exe process manually. Not sure what your system spec is but here is mine. I hope Maddox will patch this although I'm hearing developement for IL2 line of sim has ended.

nvidia 8800gtx (happens with all driver releases so far)
asus p5n32-e sli
2 gig corsair mem
hitachi sata drive
soundmax sound card

Also, another problem I run into is that sometimes my FPS is about 1/2 of what it should be. Since I have vsync on and my LCD monitor refresh is 60 hz, I normally get 60 fps. However, sometimes, I only get 30 fps constantly and the only way for me to fix it is to exit and restart the game over and over until I get the 60 fps back. Once it's at 60 fps, it doesn't go back to 30 fps while I am in the IL2 application and don't quit out.

Anyway, cheers.

toufikdu1081
11-24-2007, 07:19 AM
toufik bonjour est jeu http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif