PDA

View Full Version : A peevish partial list of peevs

Lurch1962
03-31-2008, 10:07 PM
In no particular order...

Before I get started, I should say that I love this game more than any other. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

1) "Single Missions Statistic". Should read "Single Mission Statistics", or better yet, "Single Mission Results." [Text at top left of the stats screen after a Single Mission.]

2) The multitudes of short, equal-width rivers (mostly Pacific theater maps) which look more like long, narrow bays. Most would really be narrow "creeks" you could almost step across without wetting yer boots.

3) The restrictive "eyeball-swiveling-on-a-stick-fixed-in-place" point of view as seen from within the cockpit. Even a tiny bit of off-axis swing so as to see around the headrest a bit more would have been a big help. (Yes, most planes do offer a sort of "2-place" view system, but this ain't good enough.)

4) The long-standing graphical anomaly which allows me to see through part of my 109's wing root when the widest FOVs are used.

5) The almost neon-bright green of the palm tree fronds when seen from certain distances. (Or is this hardware/driver related?)

6) Ships can't evade.

7) The mission designer is required to artfully place (and use up) waypoints for ships/vehicles so as to make turning look less comical.

Will be leaving for home momentarily, so no time for more right now....

Tab_Flettner
03-31-2008, 11:10 PM
lol....do some googling

Capt.LoneRanger
03-31-2008, 11:22 PM
You can add a lot of points to your list. Question is, what do you want to say? You want these problems to be fixed? It won't happen. Work on IL2 stopped over a year ago and the last patch will be done by 3rd-Party Mappers.

Lurch1962
04-01-2008, 06:57 PM
LoneRanger,
Sure, I'd like to see 'em fixed. But I know they'll never be. I just needed to vent a little, given that most if not all of my points addressed old issues that, to me, would have been worthier content than the so-called "fantasy" additions in '46.

Peace!