PDA

View Full Version : Was it necessary to remove a forth finger for the wrist blade?

romeo_longsword
08-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Please pick the following or/and provide your opinion.

Many thanks.

Phreaky_McGeek
08-12-2007, 11:36 AM
The removal of the finger is ceremonial, and we know for a fact you don't need a finger missing as forum members have built their own, so there wasn't really an option for me.

moqqy
08-12-2007, 11:56 AM
but um.. the question is.. was it necessary to remove the fourth finger for the wrist blade?

but why are the choices like this then..

"No, not really, an assassin could have been trained well enough to perform his duty without a funny wrist blade."

?? but that has nothing to do with the question now does it?

"Yes, you need a wrist blade for the surprise element, and you need the space for it to extend through your hand."

nor this..

"Yes, it's cool!"

or this.. it was necessary because its cool to have a fingercut?:P

i think you meant something else, and your question should be like:
"was the wristblade worth cutting a finger?"

K_Falcon
08-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Or maybe its just for the assassins cant marry since you put the ring on the finger they cut off.

deskpe
08-12-2007, 12:45 PM
as someone said, it is ceremonial, and to show your comitment to the group thingy, and you dont have to wrry about gettin your fing cut of every time u assassinate someone :P

AoKH_newIdea
08-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Where's the option that goes along the lines of "Yes, the removal of the finger was an act of self-sacrifice, which was a crucial part of the induction of assassins--proving that they were willing to go to no end to accomplish their goal."?

romeo_longsword
08-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
but um.. the question is.. was it necessary to remove the fourth finger for the wrist blade?

"No, not really, an assassin could have been trained well enough to perform his duty without a funny wrist blade."

"Yes, you need a wrist blade for the surprise element, and you need the space for it to extend through your hand."

nor this..

"Yes, it's cool!"

No, it makes sense in my questions and the choices given, I did also ask for your view "towards to the subject matter" as well. That means the thread or the poll has not necessary asked you to question the title question or the answers to attempt to make yourself look smarter should you are an insecure character who requires in doing so.

Added:

Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
The removal of the finger is ceremonial, and we know for a fact you don't need a finger missing as forum members have built their own, so there wasn't really an option for me.

Fair enough. Though I do think it is the image of the character the Dev team designed first, the story about the ceremonial requirement followed to support it.

x_101_
08-12-2007, 01:28 PM
No, it wasn't necasarry it just makes the game cooler, it kinda gives it more "cool" appeal.

SloppyCracker
08-12-2007, 01:38 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif No, it wasn't necessary to cut your finger of. BTW. Cool appeal?... LORL
(Copyrighted by the assasin 07. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).

SCARFACE_47
08-12-2007, 01:42 PM
donΒ΄t you all dare that cutting of the finger was bad.....i mean i can have my marriage ring on the other hand as well

SloppyCracker
08-12-2007, 01:45 PM
I double dare you to cut off your finger. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ammario
08-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by AoKH_newIdea:
Where's the option that goes along the lines of "Yes, the removal of the finger was an act of self-sacrifice, which was a crucial part of the induction of assassins--proving that they were willing to go to no end to accomplish their goal."?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
That's the exact reason, story wise. It also makes Altair seem more badass which is awesome.

moqqy
08-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by romeo_longsword:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

nor this..

"Yes, it's cool!"

No, it makes sense in my questions and the choices given, I did also ask for your view "towards to the subject matter" as well. That means the thread or poll did not necessary to ask you to question the questions or the answers to attempt to make yourself look smarter should you are an insecure character who require in doing so.

So please continue to enjoy the poll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it doesn't make sense. You asked if it was necessary to remove fourth finger for the wrist blade.. So how does this make sense?
What does this have to do with it being necessary to remove a finger for the wristblade? This is asking if you like/want the wristblade.

"Yes, you need a wrist blade for the surprise element," again, that's not about "was it necessary to remove a finger to get the wristblade", but it's about the wristblade itself..

I was just pointing out that there's a probable error in the question or answers.

romeo_longsword
08-12-2007, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by romeo_longsword:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

nor this..

"Yes, it's cool!"

No, it makes sense in my questions and the choices given, I did also ask for your view "towards to the subject matter" as well. That means the thread or poll did not necessary to ask you to question the questions or the answers to attempt to make yourself look smarter should you are an insecure character who require in doing so.

No, it doesn't make sense. You asked if it was necessary to remove fourth finger for the wrist blade.. So how does this make sense?
What does this have to do with it being necessary to remove a finger for the wristblade? This is asking if you like/want the wristblade.

"Yes, you need a wrist blade for the surprise element," again, that's not about "was it necessary to remove a finger to get the wristblade", but it's about the wristblade itself..

I was just pointing out that there's a probable error in the question or answers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are certainly faults in how you comprehend writing and the basic idea of such simple communication which I have done, not to mention the lacking of ability to keep the development of a thread on topic. I suggest you to keep your habit in being off topic being done via PM in the future.

Enjoy the poll.

moqqy
08-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by romeo_longsword:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by romeo_longsword:

nor this..

"Yes, it's cool!"

I was just pointing out that there's a probable error in the question or answers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are certainly faults in how you comprehend writing and the basic idea of such simple communication which I have done, not to mention the lacking of ability to keep the development of a thread on topic. I suggest you to keep your habit in being off topic being done via PM in the future.

Enjoy the poll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it was on topic, since I was discussing the poll.

But I see you are a little insecure since you can't discuss it without insults.

So I suggest you to keep your habit in being off topic being done via PM in the future.
Since that's what you did!

the_assassin_07
08-13-2007, 06:47 AM
BTW. Cool appeal?... LORL
(Copyrighted by the assasin 07 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. ).
LORL! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. Anyway yeah I agree with moqqy, the question wasn't worded correct. But that doesn't really matter. I think it wasn't necessary but it looks better and it's cooler.

Altair666123
08-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by K_Falcon:
Or maybe its just for the assassins cant marry since you put the ring on the finger they cut off.

altair has a wife

Kinkoman1337
08-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Yes, you need a wrist blade for the surprise element, and you need the space for it to extend through your hand
Yes, you need a wrist blade for the surprise element, and you need the space for it to extend through your hand

Altair_92
08-13-2007, 05:47 PM

nor this..

"Yes, it's cool!"

So I suggest you to keep your habit in being off topic being done via PM in the future.
Since that's what you did! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my god moqqy shut the h3ll up! My god, you question everyone and everything just to annoy them. It's getting old and I'm sure others feel that it's getting tiring.

Just answer the poll. It's not that hard. And your one to talk about talking to people without insulting them. You try to insult their intelligence as well.

zgubilici
08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Stop the bickering people!

NOW!

Either ignore fight-starters, or if you can't, use the PTs if you have something to sort out, but this has to stop in the public forums.

altairiscool
08-13-2007, 11:05 PM
What are PT's?

zgubilici
08-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Private Topics = Private Messages.
For an explanation of how to use them read the last part of this post. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5991081444?r=7511064765#7511064765)http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

altairiscool
08-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Ooooooooooh... duh that was the stupidest question ever. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

moqqy
08-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Altair_92:

nor this..

"Yes, it's cool!"

Since that's what you did! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my god moqqy shut the h3ll up! My god, you question everyone and everything just to annoy them. It's getting old and I'm sure others feel that it's getting tiring.

Just answer the poll. It's not that hard. And your one to talk about talking to people without insulting them. You try to insult their intelligence as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just to clear it - i said... "i think you meant something else, and your question should be like:" see the "THINK"? i think the poll is worded incorrectly, and i was telling the OP about it, so no-one would misunderstand. but he decided to go defencive.
but i'm not commenting to you, altair, since you're not worth it.

but it's hard to answer the poll since i don't know what it is about - is it about the switchblade being cool? or it being necessary? or it being cool his finger got cut? or it being necessary to cut his finger to get the switchblade..

Altair_92
08-14-2007, 06:13 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Oh boy,....your a funny one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

chikkenstorm
08-15-2007, 12:30 AM
I say he needs that space for the wristblade. Try to imagine where it would go otherwhise; beneath your hand. Try to imagine how to kill someone with your hand streched forward in order to not chop your whole hand off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif It's easier with 1 finger missing.