PDA

View Full Version : Unit overwritten by new unit deployment

mystic_fm
11-29-2008, 06:10 PM
I did something stupid in the game today, and the game proceeded to do something stupid right back. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I had two open deployment slots at the end of the list, and wanted to deploy two tanks, so I clicked R2 and said "Deploy Tanks. Deploy Tanks." Yes, twice in a single press of the command button. Wrong, I know.

But here's the bug: I actually did get two tanks deployed from that command (which was a surprise in itself), but one of the two tanks showed up not in the open deployment slot, but instead overwrote the unit I had in slot 1, which was my command vehicle. Thereafter, two new tanks both worked normally, but my command vehicle still appeared on the field and still occasionally said something about its situation on the radio, but could no longer be commanded in any way and no longer allowed me to pull up the SITREP. It still had its drones defending it and was never destroyed, although it looked basically like a burned-out trash heap by the end of the battle.

I am playing the PS3 version.

mystic_fm
11-29-2008, 06:10 PM
I did something stupid in the game today, and the game proceeded to do something stupid right back. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I had two open deployment slots at the end of the list, and wanted to deploy two tanks, so I clicked R2 and said "Deploy Tanks. Deploy Tanks." Yes, twice in a single press of the command button. Wrong, I know.

But here's the bug: I actually did get two tanks deployed from that command (which was a surprise in itself), but one of the two tanks showed up not in the open deployment slot, but instead overwrote the unit I had in slot 1, which was my command vehicle. Thereafter, two new tanks both worked normally, but my command vehicle still appeared on the field and still occasionally said something about its situation on the radio, but could no longer be commanded in any way and no longer allowed me to pull up the SITREP. It still had its drones defending it and was never destroyed, although it looked basically like a burned-out trash heap by the end of the battle.

I am playing the PS3 version.

decoy157
12-01-2008, 10:38 AM
I have done the exact same thing on xbox. It hasnt happened yet as long as i let go of the trigger between deployment commands.