PDA

View Full Version : Boost, WEP, etc.

hkg36sd
06-26-2006, 05:21 PM
How long does boost, WEP, etc last on aircraft? Does it affect engine overheating?

Kinda OS: I noticed that forums have been saying that 4.06 will not function unless you have 4.05. If this is so, why has there been no US release of the Pe-2/4.05?

(I have recently gotten e-mail for "Silent Hunter 3" download(Boontybox..ugh).)

hkg36sd
06-26-2006, 05:21 PM
How long does boost, WEP, etc last on aircraft? Does it affect engine overheating?

Kinda OS: I noticed that forums have been saying that 4.06 will not function unless you have 4.05. If this is so, why has there been no US release of the Pe-2/4.05?

(I have recently gotten e-mail for "Silent Hunter 3" download(Boontybox..ugh).)

WTE_Galway
06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
depends on the WEP .. in some cases forever .. in others it lasts till the water of ethanol or whatever runs out

WEP does effect overheating .. it can make it worse or in some circumstances better, depends on the aircraft

As for PE2 .. there do not seem to have been any new releases of IL2 products in the US (or new US planes for that matter) since the Northrup Grumman licencing debacle .. just buy it online from the UK shop instead.

Siwarrior
06-26-2006, 09:24 PM
yeh some german boosts have limits as to what altitude and power they can be used at

some boosts ( american i think) kick in automatically over 100% throttle and may only involve water cooling ?