PDA

View Full Version : Ezio can see Altair?

Smegger_56
12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Ok, i'd like to know something.

How is it that Ezio can see Altair at the start of Revelations? You know, in the intro movie he sees him and also when playing, you see his 'ghost climbing the walls of Masyaff with you following his path.

Is Ezio suffering a 'bleeding' style effect? If so, how can he if he and Altair are not related (I don't mean to open something that was confirmed by the writers)? Or was it the Apple showing Ezio the 'ghost' of Altair?

kriegerdesgottes
12-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I've been wondering this myself being that Ezio had not used any stones at the beginning of the game so I can't imagine how it would be a bleeding effect.

LightRey
12-06-2011, 04:52 PM
It's part of the Eagle Sense's ability to see what people did somewhere in the past. It's also basically how the seals work.

RzaRecta357
12-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Eagle sense I think. Even though we don't see it active.

dxsxhxcx
12-06-2011, 04:57 PM
if I'm not wrong someone said that they can see memories of the places where they are, Desmond also do this in ACB when he and Lucy are trying to find an entrance to the sanctuary, he sees some people who were there during the attack to the villa without Ezio being around...

kriegerdesgottes
12-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
if I'm not wrong someone said that they can see memories of the places where they are, Desmond also do this in ACB when he and Lucy are trying to find an entrance to the sanctuary, he sees some people who were there during the attack to the villa without Ezio being around...

But that was because of the bleeding effect. We know this because Lucy became worried and told him to "Stay with me" because the bleeding effect was taking over.

dxsxhxcx
12-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

But that was because of the bleeding effect. We know this because Lucy became worried and told him to "Stay with me" because the bleeding effect was taking over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the Bleeding Effect makes you see the memories that are in your blood without use the animus, so with the Bleeding Effect you can only see the lifes of your ancestors before the birth of the child that would be Desmond's next ancestor, what Desmond saw sometimes were some random guards without Ezio being around, Ezio also experience this (not the bleeding effect but see what wasn't stored in his blood) in the beginning of ACR when he sees Altair jumping through the window behind Al Mualim's desk in the beginning of the game (you need to click on the desk to see this) and he isn't related to Altair to have that stored on his blood..

LightRey
12-06-2011, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

But that was because of the bleeding effect. We know this because Lucy became worried and told him to "Stay with me" because the bleeding effect was taking over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, I'm pretty sure Alex Amancio said that it's not due to the bleeding effect, but due to Eegle Vision/Sense.

kriegerdesgottes
12-06-2011, 05:33 PM
That's kind of a lame excuse to me. I have no doubt that Alex said that and you are right about it being the eagle sense but if that were true then wouldn't Ezio be able to see everything Altair did at those spots and not only Altair but everyone that had ever been there in the entire history of that place like Al Mualim and Malik and every other person who had ever been to Masyaf at that spot considering he's not related to anyone there so that wouldn't be the reason. To me it seems like a weak excuse to have him see Altair there for dramatic effect and then say oh it was because of the eagle sense don't you know? even though eagle sense isn't even on when you see Altair. That's just me though.

dxsxhxcx
12-06-2011, 05:44 PM
That's kind of a lame excuse to me. I have no doubt that Alex said that and you are right about it being the eagle sense but if that were true then wouldn't Ezio be able to see everything Altair did at those spots and not only Altair but everyone that had ever been there in the entire history of that place like Al Mualim and Malik and every other person who had ever been to Masyaf at that spot considering he's not related to anyone there so that wouldn't be the reason. To me it seems like a weak excuse to have him see Altair there for dramatic effect and then say oh it was because of the eagle sense don't you know? even though eagle sense isn't even on when you see Altair. That's just me though.

you're not alone, I don't like this too... :P

Sarari
12-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I agree. I wish they had just kept Ezio related to Altair. It was kind of a downfall for the series when they announced that they weren't, even though it's a small thing. In my mind, they are still related, and them being related would just make more sense of him seeing Altair.

dxsxhxcx
12-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I agree. I wish they had just kept Ezio related to Altair. It was kind of a downfall for the series when they announced that they weren't, even though it's a small thing. In my mind, they are still related, and them being related would just make more sense of him seeing Altair.

I like the fact that they aren't related, if Desmond was part of a bloodline of Mentors (all his ancestors ending up being Mentors of their respective orders) IMO this would be a cliché, I like to think that he had the luck to have some people who achieve this status during their lifes and that some of his ancestors didn't achieve much or even had contact with PoEs or TWCB, it makes Desmond more human and less super hero (even he being a kind of super hero.. xD)... :P

Sarari
12-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I mean, they should have told us they weren't related a long time ago. They announced it to late and ruined some mojo for AC, at least to me in my opinion.

I don't think Desmond would be to super heroish if they were related, but I think Ezio is seen as a super hero rather than an assassin in my opinion.

kriegerdesgottes
12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:

I definitely understand your point but to me I think the concept that oh Altair was mentor then his children weren't and then some were going down his bloodline and Ezio was another special descendent who took a lot from his ancestor Altair(I realize after 300 years the bloodline would be pretty diluted anyway but whatever they aren't 100% human anyway) and then Ezio's kids may or may not be as special but all of them have been assassins since the beginning and Desmond turns out to be once of the special Mentor-like assassins who got his gifts and talents from this line of assassins. That would sure make the Ezio seeing Altair thing easier to swallow and it would just imo be a better story.

I agree it is actually a small detail that makes zero difference but it's something that does indeed bug me still a little although I've gotten used to it. I understand also the reasoning for it that making Desmond the convergence of several special bloodlines makes him more special than all of his ancestors but I liked it better the way we believed it was.

Smegger_56
12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
In Brotherhood, seeing Desmond go through the bleeding effect, makes you think Ezio is going through the same thing in Revelations. Hence some 'Huh' about the beginning from me.

AdmiralPerry
12-06-2011, 08:24 PM
I noticed something about all this. When I was in Masyaf at the beginning of the game, I was trying to acclimate myself to the controls because a few of the buttons had been changed on me. I was searching for Eagle Sense and accidentally found it. I was standing near the bookcase at the time (I think it was the bookcase--whatever it was, it was glowing) and it activated the ghost image. So, I'm pretty sure it is Eagle Sense. It's just not necessary to manually activate it to see the images. Also, I think if Ezio (or Desmond, for that matter) wanted to, he could focus on anyone he wanted to--the same way Ezio focused on Leandros when he tracked him through the village--and see what he wants to see. Desmond just hadn't learned to control it at the start of Brotherhood. Maybe now he has...

Bipolar Matt
12-06-2011, 08:38 PM
In the middle of an intense fight against two dozen+ templars seems like a really bad time to get distracted by eagle sense. Just saying...

Serrachio
12-07-2011, 03:48 AM
You're all assuming that Eagle Sense has to be activated.

I think the difference between Desmond and Ezio in this case is that Desmond sort of had Eagle Sense, but because he had the Bleeding Effect, he was believing he was Ezio in that situation, which is when the memories of his ancestors were poisoning his judgement and grasp on time.

It wouldn't be detrimental for Ezio because his mind is detached from Altair, so he is not negatively affected by Eagle Sense, aside from a tiny headache.

EscoBlades
12-07-2011, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Smegger_56:
Ok, i'd like to know something.

How is it that Ezio can see Altair at the start of Revelations? You know, in the intro movie he sees him and also when playing, you see his 'ghost climbing the walls of Masyaff with you following his path.

Is Ezio suffering a 'bleeding' style effect? If so, how can he if he and Altair are not related (I don't mean to open something that was confirmed by the writers)? Or was it the Apple showing Ezio the 'ghost' of Altair?

We touched upon it in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5871092759/p/1) a while back.

If you don't mind, i'll just quote myself from that thread:

Originally posted by EscoBlades:

Guys...you have to remember that Ezio also sees Leandros's ghost in the Gamescom demo from a while back. Its about sixth sense, traces of the past that he can see, or is attuned to... it has nothing to do with blood relations.

You see the visions from a third person perspective, not through the ghosts eyes.

S-EVANS
12-07-2011, 03:59 AM
The part where you click on the desk and then see Altair jump through the window is actually just a directional guide, before you get to the desk theres a bookcase that you can interact with on the way up the stairs and when you click that you camera angle changes and ezio looks over the bannister to see altairs ghost stood facing the exit, the action of jumping through the window shows your mind that the result of that is he is now outside on the ground, and makes you do two things..

try jump through the window and secondly go outside to see where he went. which forces the scripted cut scene. The simplest form of looking at it (whilst disspointing for the fans) is its catering for people who may not have played any previous versions of the game and dont know what to do yet.

the most interesting part of this for me is how ezio knows to shove a statue from a rooftop because he understands that doing so creates a crater in the ground and he can safetly land in water (what if he was wrong) and yet he does that action without the ghost of altair actually showing him to shove it off the ledge

but again it also forces a scripted cut scene, which continues the story and even veterans wont have understood at first about the statue, but as experienced players we would have relized once we saw the interact button if it was a manual aspect.

so is it eagle sense or bleeding effect ?

dxsxhxcx
12-07-2011, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:

the most interesting part of this for me is how ezio knows to shove a statue from a rooftop because he understands that doing so creates a crater in the ground and he can safetly land in water (what if he was wrong) and yet he does that action without the ghost of altair actually showing him to shove it off the ledge

that was lame, Ezio jump before the statue hit the floor (another thing that bother me is WHY in hell Altair would need to do something like that, it's not like he didn't have access to his own library), they need to step back and come back to the ground in AC3, otherwise we'll have an assassin who can fly (without parachutes) in the next games, they're taking too much dramatic license just to make some "cool" (but IMO not so cool) scenes, the same applies for the last sequence where Ezio [SPOILER]<span class="ev_code_WHITE">goes after Ahmet, that thing with the parachute was a little exaggerated IMO, even for Ezio</span>, that sequence with the Greek Fire before he goes to Cappadocia was exaggerated too IMO..

Noble6
12-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:

that was lame, Ezio jump before the statue hit the floor (another thing that bother me is WHY in hell Altair would need to do something like that, it's not like he didn't have access to his own library), they need to step back and come back to the ground in AC3, otherwise we'll have an assassin who can fly (without parachutes) in the next games, they're taking too much dramatic license just to make some "cool" (but IMO not so cool) scenes, the same applies for the last sequence where Ezio [SPOILER]<span class="ev_code_WHITE">goes after Ahmet, that thing with the parachute was a little exaggerated IMO, even for Ezio</span>, that sequence with the Greek Fire before he goes to Cappadocia was exaggerated too IMO.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah. Those parts were rather annoying although entertaining. however I hope that they won't do too many these Hollywood styled and unrealistic actionsequences in the future.
As for Ezio seeing Altair... Eagle sense seems to be changing to magic rather than being something with scientific explanation