PDA

View Full Version : DETAILS INSIDE BOX!

NosTraDomus
01-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah, ok so i went to the web addy for HL, its in czech, im USA... it says downloads but nothing i see which seems to indicate HL (HyperLobby)

Now hopefully its FREE, b/c ive never had to play an online game and have to pay for it.

Ive got l;atest version, 4.02-
even tho it annoying to see a B-29 for the A.I.(bots) to fly but i cant??? why the he|| is that. Is there a Cheat, i.e. Hold CTRL shifT alT and it unlocks the plane list, like in USNF'97?

any way...If thats not a free server, is there one i can play with. Ive got Cable, im gettin bored doing a LAN with just One other person...

And ANother Thing...
the 'Full Mission Builder' how cna i load planes,other stuff? it just allows me to change the lighting, Is there a MAP Maker toolkit out there? -Anyu Tools?

Well im in SouthEast USA.
(im using a laptop now, so the letters might stick, or not type..sorry)
MSN: hackerz_l0pht@hotmail.com
YHO: hackerz_nostradomus@yahoo.com

oh yea...Wheres the HELICOPTERs iin this game? i know its combat..it'a be cool if there was Helis.

voyager_663rd
01-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Gee, if I wasn't so sensitive, I get the impression you are demanding this information.

In case I am mistaken:

Helicopters? in WW2? It is to laugh.

1940 / 1945 :
Flettner FL 282 Kolibri
The helicopter during WWII was still in its initial steps of development so it saw limited action.
Great Britain and Russia did use autogiros ( based upon spaniard Cierva designs ) for observation duties but always used in small numbers.
Germany had already flown the Flettner FL 282 Kolibri , the most advanced helicopter model of this period and used in limited combat at the Mediterranean Sea.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/voyager_663rd/fl282-2.jpg

In the US, the coast guard was dropping practice bombs from a Sikorsky YH-4A in early test as a weapon against submarines and the US army succesfully complete a medevac (medical evacuation) mission in Burma at the ends of WWII with an YR-4.

An early link in the history of the helicopter gunship, was the proposal by Platt-LePage Aircraft to build a single seat dedicated gunship helicopter. This 1940 project was proposed at a time when Igor Sikorsky's VS-300 had yet to be perfected, and Platt-LePage Aircraft had not yet finished construction of its PL-3 (XR-1) helicopter. The Platt-LePage machine would have been a single seat 450 hp lateral tandem helicopter along the lines of the XR-1, with machine guns mounted in the nose, and eventually bomb mounts on the pylons. Also a Navy proposal would have had folding pylons for ship board storage. One interesting part of the proposal package, consisted of a series of artist's renderings showing how an armed helicopter would be used operationally. These renderings show essentially the same type of use and tactic that are used today. Unfortunately the idea was 20 years ahead of it's time, and was not bought by the US military, due to no operational helicopter existing in the USA at the time. ( Contribution Jay Hendrickson )

and Hyperlobby is free to dl and to play in.

zoinksu52
01-07-2006, 08:54 PM
http://hyperfighter.sk/index.php

ElAurens
01-07-2006, 09:02 PM
The only operational Helo flown in WW2 was a USAAF
Sikorsky R-4B "Hoverfly". One was flown in Burma in May of 1944.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/air_power/ap23.jpg

The engine of this sim probably could not properly simulate a helo.

Download Hyperlobby here: http://hyperfighter.sk

It is totally free.

There is no way to "unlock" the non-flyable AI aircraft. There are no "cheat codes" or other first person shooter gimmicks either.

So...

Hop online, learn how to fly and fight, and enjoy.

Welcome aboard!

(Oh, and lose the attitude 'bro, you will do a lot better here. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif)

NosTraDomus
01-07-2006, 09:15 PM
sorry if it sounds demanding.
thanks for an english link/download.
im not look for cheats, i waws asking about hidden commands. to unlock special planes.
and as long as they had an helicopter back then...it might have been cool to see an heli...even if it was slow. who knows...

oh yeah...

Whats the FASTEST plane for PF.. And does the WeaponLoadOut Really effect the planes weight and speed?
Thanks. Im goiing to try it in a few and play online for warbird or war clouds... if you have a server that i dhould try.. plz send me the info.
Thanks Again.

VW-IceFire
01-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by NosTraDomus:
sorry if it sounds demanding.
thanks for an english link/download.
im not look for cheats, i waws asking about hidden commands. to unlock special planes.
and as long as they had an helicopter back then...it might have been cool to see an heli...even if it was slow. who knows...

oh yeah...

Whats the FASTEST plane for PF.. And does the WeaponLoadOut Really effect the planes weight and speed?
Thanks. Im goiing to try it in a few and play online for warbird or war clouds... if you have a server that i dhould try.. plz send me the info.
Thanks Again.
Fastest plane in PF is actually somewhat subjective. Different planes are faster or slower at different altitudes. Even the map your flying on has an impact on the overall performance of all planes flying on that map (for instance you may gain an extra 5kph on the top speed on the Midway map than on the Okinawa map - just hypothetical but it does exist in the game).

Some of the fastest aircraft in PF will be the P-51B/C Mustang (the D is a bit slower than the B/C), P-47D-27, P-38L Late, and the F4U Corsair (any version). For the Japanese the Ki-84 is fairly quick in its own right but not as fast.

The Mustang and P-47D-27 are fastest at higher altitudes. The Mustangs best speed is around 7000 meters while the P-47D-27s best speed is around 9000m (the P-47 is faster than almost anything at this altitude). The P-38 and the Corsairs are faster at lower altitudes...around 5000m and below. In some cases the Ki-84 may be faster than any of these aircraft depending on the altitude...I can't remember anymore but I know it outspeeds most of the American fighters at one altitude or another.

Anyways, there are no aircraft unlocks. What you see is what you get. Everything is immediately flyable for your enjoyment. The rest of the aircraft are AI with no cockpits modeled and therefore are not flyable.

Weapon loadout absolutely affects weight, speed, and handling. The extra drag and weight are all impacting your performance. Even fuel in your fuel tank (depending on how much is present) will impact the way your plane flies.

Tully__
01-08-2006, 03:41 AM
There are NO hidden aircraft. If you want all available aircraft, get IL2 Forgotten Battles and Ace's Expansion Pack in addition to Pacific Fighters. See the "Correct Patch Order" thread at/near the top of the forum for the correct installation and patching order. Then go to the "Forgotten Battles" room at Hyperlobby and you'll see there are lots of options.

Hoatee
01-08-2006, 05:15 AM
If you're really keen on helicopters, keep an eye out for a game called 'Black Shark'. It is a soon to be released add on for the Lomac series of jet sims and looks very promising.

SeaFireLIV
01-08-2006, 07:11 AM
oh yeah...

NosTraDomus, you have MUCH to learn. IL2/FB/PF is a flight simulater, not an arcade game. You can set everything to easy `arcadish` which I think you should stay on when you start.

By the way, the fastest plane isn`t the best plane. Learn much, you must. (Yoda mode).

Tooz_69GIAP
01-08-2006, 08:38 AM
I'd say the fastest aircraft in the game is probably the BI-1, or one of the other jets/rocket aircraft.

Fastest prop-driven aircraft, well, as said above it depends on many factors like altitude, what map you're flying on, your fuel and weapons loadout, etc.

But a basic list of the faster ones on the deck (based on when I was doing racing):

I-185 M71, La-7 (3xB-20 is faster I think), 109Z, Ki-84, Mustang MkIII, Fw-190D (not sure exactly which variant is faster). I'd say those are probably the fastest ones. But again, the fastest isn't always the best. You'll figure it out eventually.

Oh, and there is a way to fly the AI aircraft, but only from the external view. Once you have sorted out Hyperlobby, there are a couple of servers which enable the use of AI aircraft, but I'm not sure which ones. Just jump in a few, and read the briefings, which will explain how to do it, if it's an option.

NosTraDomus
01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
I thot PF was the only one out there then i soon found out there were a couple more.

Im downloading those as i type. I should have those soon.

I like the SpitFire MKV111 (CW)
its fast and with Stalls/SPINS enabled you can perform a vast variety of acrobactic moves and turn up right on the enemy or go all directions and fire...ive done that, and used the guns, and shot down the 2 that were tail-gatin me-

Im not a Helicopter fanatic, just be cool to fly an old heli. and use it as a steady air comabt gunnery postion.

I no this isnt a Arcade game, thats why i downloaded it. ive been flyin sims for a while, real ones, this is alot like JCS: WW2 Fighters-
nice designs and physics, everything reacts to everything.

when i asked the fastest plane i meant as in, low-Alt, and default weps.
If u extract the file(s) in PF folder, you can add all or som e the A.I. PLanes to the FlightLists. I did that, and flew it, i switched out some files and replaced the F4u plane in the single player mission with a B29- and with my settings set to real landings/takeoffs/ iin off postion i can be in the air already flying. and yes its tru theres no cockpit, but i took the b17 and put in the b29 one..still things are alittle off. but the gunsight is viewable...just off.lol

you kow if u edit the skin with the skys color...use somethign like MX or Adobe PS- and you can pretty much make the plane invsible to see.

ElAurens
01-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Downloaded?

timsarg
01-08-2006, 09:35 PM

Im downloading those as i type. I should have those soon.

you kow if u edit the skin with the skys color...use somethign like MX or Adobe PS- and you can pretty much make the plane invsible to see.

i would suggest that you edit your post, the game is downloadable if your dodgy. Buy it like the rest of us.

On the topic of making the plane invisble well only up close it "might" be harder to see but i'm sorry it wont be invisble

Tully__
01-09-2006, 05:57 AM
FB and PF are available legimately from several buy by wire sites. Pull your teeth in a bit guys.

You will however find that AEP doesn't recognise the FB install from a downloaded purchase and that the downloaded versions of PF are either merge only or standalone only. If you want to go the full merged route the best option is to find the
box versions of all three components.

Edit: Much more suspect is this little gem:

...and yes its tru theres no cockpit, but i took the b17 and put in the b29 one..still things are alittle off. but the gunsight is viewable...just off.lol...

Tully__
01-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by ElAurens:
The only operational Helo flown in WW2 was a USAAF
Sikorsky R-4B "Hoverfly". One was flown in Burma in May of 1944.

Didn't the German Kriegsmarine use an early helo for basic short range recon / artillery spotting?
See here... (http://www.helis.com/types/gunship.php)

Edit: Ahh... I see voyager_663rd already brought that one up.

Redwulf 32 - Nis
01-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Tully__:

Edit: Much more suspect is this little gem:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...and yes its tru theres no cockpit, but i took the b17 and put in the b29 one..still things are alittle off. but the gunsight is viewable...just off.lol... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it does sound familiarly 'fishy' doesn't it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Methinks somebody's on a fishing trip here.

Redwulf 32 - Nis
01-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Did I push a wrong button or something? Seems this thread just stopped dead in it's tracks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

NosTraDomus
01-12-2006, 09:27 AM
ive already downloaded it..it works just as fin as the "boxed" version lol- you onlyt get probs if u download one that sucks...there are more than one downloads..im reformatting and reinstallin xpCorp v2006 with SP3-

the cockpit thing...was funny...i get hit and it sprayed blood everywhere on the viewr too. if u use File Extractor and ResourceHacker you can add the cockpit and edit the files. and switch them around. and edit the plane and its cokcpit.
ttly

FoolTrottel
01-12-2006, 09:45 AM
if u use File Extractor and ResourceHacker you can add the cockpit and edit the files. and switch them around. and edit the plane and its cokcpit.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SweetMonkeyLuv
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
ive already downloaded it..it works just as fin as the "boxed" version lol- you onlyt get probs if u download one that sucks...there are more than one downloads..im reformatting and reinstallin xpCorp v2006 with SP3-

the cockpit thing...was funny...i get hit and it sprayed blood everywhere on the viewr too. if u use File Extractor and ResourceHacker you can add the cockpit and edit the files. and switch them around. and edit the plane and its cokcpit.
ttly

Oh noes! a 1337 h4xx0r! our beloved flight sim has been pwnt!

Mr_Blastman
01-12-2006, 01:24 PM
heh... Ok man.. Herez h0w to get to teh secaret ch3t4rZ MenJ00!!!!111111

j00 must r0x0r j00r b0x0rz and h4x0r teh juw4r3z f1lez wit d4 l33t m4d sk1llz j0!!!1111111

What I'm trying to say is, kid, do the world a favor and go buy the game. Oleg and his team worked real hard to bring us this wonderful game. Give them some cash and they shall provide more wonderful content in the future.

Unknown-Pilot
01-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Blastman:
heh... Ok man.. Herez h0w to get to teh secaret ch3t4rZ MenJ00!!!!111111

j00 must r0x0r j00r b0x0rz and h4x0r teh juw4r3z f1lez wit d4 l33t m4d sk1llz j0!!!1111111

What I'm trying to say is, kid, do the world a favor and go buy the game. Oleg and his team worked real hard to bring us this wonderful game. Give them some cash and they shall provide more wonderful content in the future.

Actually, he seems to have given himself away by pressing too far. Seems we have a fisherman on our hands. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif