PDA

View Full Version : Civilians in Mexico City

ZA_Corax
07-22-2005, 11:54 AM
I was just wondering since this whole game takes place near and around Mexico City are there going to be civilians running about?

NRC_ShArpShOt
07-22-2005, 12:08 PM
In the cinematic video of GRAW which takes place in Mexico City theres civilians in some shots so I would assume there will be civilians running around while you play.

X13lazeX
07-22-2005, 03:50 PM
cinematic video of GRAW which takes place in Mexico City theres civilians in some shots so I would assume there will be civilians running around while you play.

It would be very nice to see if the terriosts took the civilians as a human sheild and starting requesting your to drop your firearms and what not then you have to take a snipe shot

roche1
07-24-2005, 09:04 PM
i would like to see how this mexico conflict story is.. did tom clancy build it? based on what? anyway GR is great. don't know about the hole urban war scene but i'm sure i'll love it anyway

AlphaDelta219
07-29-2005, 12:13 AM
tom clancy hasnt come up with any of these games since Rainbow Six and thats only cuz it was based off of his book.

ZA_Corax
07-29-2005, 05:12 PM
I wonder if Tom Clancy has any input on the story lines or does he just approve them once they pass... then just gives it stamp of approval?

With this happening with-in Mexico City I would expect civilians to be present. Mexico City is densely populated...

AlphaDelta219
08-01-2005, 04:08 PM
tom clancy hasnt come up with any of these games since Rainbow Six and thats only cuz it was based off of his book.

apollo104
08-01-2005, 10:55 PM
I hope there are plenty of civilians. We can make a "Chechnia" (Spelling?) mod and have contests as to who can kill the most civilians in 5 minutes.

I bet I would win too.

BTW Clancy doesn't approve or design ****. His name is simply a franchise owned by teh Frenchzors.

Squall_Rifleman
08-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by apollo104:
BTW Clancy doesn't approve or design ****. His name is simply a franchise owned by teh Frenchzors.
Heh... I wonder why you haven't been warned yet by a moderator for the notable love you have been demonstrating for the French.

apollo104
08-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Because the moderators are not French.

GabRaz1981
08-05-2005, 12:51 AM
Doesn't he approve the story before the game is developed? At least that's what I remember reading for Splinter Cell.

WhiteKnight77
08-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by GabRaz1981:
Doesn't he approve the story before the game is developed? At least that's what I remember reading for Splinter Cell.

Yes, that was one of the terms he sold RSE and his name for. He allowed Sam's goggles after thinking over that combination goggles may become a true piece of hardware, but he almost nixed the idea.

cobaka
08-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Squall_Rifleman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by apollo104:
Heh... I wonder why you haven't been warned yet by a moderator for the notable love you have been demonstrating for the French. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I chuckled. does that count? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Squall_Rifleman
08-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by apollo104:
Because the moderators are not French.
Well, yeah... That makes sense.

Originally posted by cobaka:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Squall_Rifleman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by apollo104:
Heh... I wonder why you haven't been warned yet by a moderator for the notable love you have been demonstrating for the French. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I chuckled. does that count? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ehmm... Counts as what? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

apollo104
08-05-2005, 02:42 PM
On a serious note about the mods, if y'all think I go to far in my rants just yell at me and I'll shut up.

Anyways, Clancy's name has been used over and voer again, it no longer represents authenticity anymore. Remember that case where his ex-wife got ownership of his name in the op-center books? (Greedy woman...) As soon as he started raking in the money, crappy movies like SOAF came out, and the Rainbow Six series took a nosedive on realism. Tom Clancy does not mean the same thing to me as it used to.

CDN_Angus
08-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by cobaka:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Squall_Rifleman:
I chuckled. does that count? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No. Racism & racial profiling fits the same shoe.

By the lack of action, UBI has proven to support both.

Talk about advertising, sounds like a good news article .........................

apollo104
08-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Actually, members of many races live in France. The word you are looking for is nationalism. And UBI supports it every time they release different versions of games at different times in different countries. It's something one will have to live with if they are going to do business with UBI.

By the lack of action, UBI has proven to support both.

Actually, they have proven that they are lazy and unmotivated, which is not news to anyone.