PDA

View Full Version : Claude



rroberson1
02-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Didnt notice her on the plane list..does that mean she is out?

rroberson1
02-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Didnt notice her on the plane list..does that mean she is out?

rroberson1
02-11-2005, 04:10 PM
lol one post...i miss my old signon already.

Chuck_Older
02-11-2005, 04:43 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=8471088572&r=8471088572#8471088572

read the part about "In addition to screenshots"

then go here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=4651078572

go to updates, check page 3 of screenshots. Clearly an A5M Claude

Nimits
02-11-2005, 04:50 PM
I don't know; I am not seeing where the A5M is on the "short list" for development.

rroberson1
02-11-2005, 04:52 PM
there were screenies of it in the dev update a few weeks back.

Chuck_Older
02-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Click this link:

http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/screenshots.php?mode=&page=2

This is page three of the WIP stuff's screenshots. The A5m is on the bottom row of screenshots, near the left

This page has all sorts of new stuff on it, as do the ones preceeding it

Click this link:
http://www.pacific-fighters.com/ss/claude.jpg

to go directly to the screenshot

heywooood
02-11-2005, 05:16 PM
nevermind, Chuck...most of the people that have been slamming the sim on these boards and spamming Olegs email will not believe in anything until they have it on their hard drive. fact.

Chuck_Older
02-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Well, somebody might actually want to see it

Personally, it is my prediction that the new A5m and the new Fokker (both of which I really need for a campaign I am 99% done with) will be released one day after I make the campaign available http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

heywooood
02-11-2005, 05:29 PM
I hope you are right...so if I were you I would finish it up asap...just to try out your theory.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Chuck_Older
02-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Two missions left! I am nearly burned out, but these last two are unlike any I've done before, so that will make it easier. maybe tomorrow, but I'll still have to de-bug. I must have played this f#<&ing campaign 30 time sby now... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

heywooood
02-11-2005, 06:07 PM
like a musician practicing a new song...by the time he performs it live for the first time, it is the last thing he wants to hear. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

but you know what Chuck?....I cant wait to D/L that puppy...I am big on the AVG, bro.

PACIFICFIRE
02-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Claude? A5M? Take away : http://pacificfire.narod.ru/BookMushroom.html http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rroberson
02-11-2005, 06:22 PM
No, no, you misunderstand, IM not complaining...I just didnt see it in oleg's list and I was curious if it was one of the planes that was dropped (like the US devastator).

Rob

heywooood
02-11-2005, 08:42 PM
my mistake, Rob...

Claude is still in the Dev. update pages as is the Devastator....We wont know until it is actually in a patch, whether or not we will get it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif ..that is the system we are working with.

We do not know but from what ianboys has said recently about there being many planes finished - just waiting for 'incorporation' into the sim...and that in addition to this patch there will be a 'patch after that'...

Also - as Oleg has said....they have many planes, 'some which is known and some others' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif that will be included, either by 1c or by trusted others....as time and BoB allows.

matkal80
02-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Chuck and Heywood, are you two blind or sth?
He clerly says that there was Claud (and Devastator too) on the develeopment update some time ago, but it is not on the Oleg final development list like both of them are dropped for good now.

And you keep him showing that it was on the development update and it will be made. Jesus you are both big lols.

Feathered_IV
02-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Someone is making a cockpit for the A5M.
I got this information from one of the modellers after passing on some cockpit data on the type. All the guy said though was that it is "Progressing well". Its one of my top 5 most wanted aircraft. So heres hoping we will see it in the not so distant future.

http://www.warbirdpictures.com/NavyJB&W2/A5M-22.jpg

Chuck_Older
02-12-2005, 06:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matkal80:
Chuck and Heywood, are you two blind or sth?
He clerly says that there was Claud (and Devastator too) on the develeopment update some time ago, but it is not on the Oleg final development list like both of them are dropped for good now.

And you keep him showing that it was on the development update and it will be made. Jesus you are both big lols. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


I don't know what 'sth' means, but you are an idiot, my bland little friend.

If you would, for a moment, fool your own intelligence and actually click on the very first link I provided, you would read this little nugget from Oleg's most recent topic in Oleg's Ready Room:

quote:
"News on FB+AEP+PF development:

1. The new shots you may see on Dev. Update page."

Now, if you further continue to buck the odds and remain in fully functioning higher primate mode for another 10 or 15 seconds, you may even click the other links I provided, and go to the pages with the Development Update shots, one of which has the (gasp!) A5M Claude plainly and painfully present and accounted for.

Now. Will the Claude actually get in the game? How do I know? But Oleg says in addition to the list he provided, things that may be seen in the development page are "news" in FB+AEP+PF development

What he did NOT SAY is that anything not on his list is dropped. He said "in addition to". Now, is that pic of the Claude an old one? Yes, I think it's from about 4 weeks ago. Is it on the same page as 'new' stuff? YES.

This may be hard for you to grasp, but I'm not someone who suffers fools like you. When you get all uppity about this post of mine, remind yourself that you had every opportunity to address me in a pleasant and non-confrontational manner, but you chose not to. This is your cake, now eat it.

~edit
I wasn't mean enough

Chuck_Older
02-12-2005, 06:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Someone is making a cockpit for the A5M.
I got this information from one of the modellers after passing on some cockpit data on the type. All the guy said though was that it is "Progressing well". Its one of my top 5 most wanted aircraft. So heres hoping we will see it in the not so distant future.

http://www.warbirdpictures.com/NavyJB&W2/A5M-22.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This dovetails nicely with what I've read and found in my search on info for it's inclusion in the sim. Thanks for the confirmation of work still in progress http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DuxCorvan
02-12-2005, 09:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
...you would read this little nugget from Oleg's most recent topic in Oleg's Ready Room:

quote:
"News on FB+AEP+PF development:

1. The new shots you may see on Dev. Update page."

Now, if you further continue to buck the odds and remain in fully functioning higher primate mode for another 10 or 15 seconds, you may even click the _other_ links I provided, and go to the pages with the Development Update shots, one of which has the (gasp!) _A5M Claude_ plainly and painfully present and accounted for.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chuck, with all the respect due to white hair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I must disagree on this. Those ARE NOT the new development shots. Those were posted some weeks ago. I think Oleg refers to these ones:

http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/screenshots.php

The first EIGHT ones have been posted this very weekend. The rest are old ones. And in the NEW shots there are no traces of Claude nor Devastator.

Anyway, only time will say. Oleg just gave us good clues, but we don't know really what will be finally in:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oleg's news on FB+AEP+PF development:
(...)several new ground objects and possible vehicles.(...)The list of aircraft above doesn't means that we will have them all. It will depends of our loading with BoB and conditions of these models that are done by third party. Anyway I list the planes that has the best chance to meet the virtual sky of Il-2-PF community.(...)We also expect nice things from Ian Boys and some others <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just a list of 'maybes', Chuck. It doesn't mean that Claude is out, only that it has not

"...the best chance to meet the virtual sky of Il-2-PF community..."

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jagdmailer
02-12-2005, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
Well, somebody might actually want to see it

Personally, it is my prediction that the new A5m and the new Fokker (both of which I really need for a campaign I am 99% done with) will be released one day after I make the campaign available http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean you need AI Fokker ?

Jagd

DuxCorvan
02-12-2005, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jagdmailer:
You mean you need AI Fokker ?
Jagd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess he plans to put some Pacific Dutch East Indies action... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Aero_Shodanjo
02-12-2005, 09:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jagdmailer:
You mean you need AI Fokker ?
Jagd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess he plans to put some Pacific Dutch East Indies action... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's about China theatre I guess. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chuck_Older
02-12-2005, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
...you would read this little nugget from Oleg's most recent topic in Oleg's Ready Room:

quote:
"News on FB+AEP+PF development:

1. The new shots you may see on Dev. Update page."

Now, if you further continue to buck the odds and remain in fully functioning higher primate mode for another 10 or 15 seconds, you may even click the _other_ links I provided, and go to the pages with the Development Update shots, one of which has the (gasp!) _A5M Claude_ plainly and painfully present and accounted for.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chuck, with all the respect due to white hair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I must disagree on this. Those ARE NOT the new development shots. Those were posted some weeks ago. I think Oleg refers to these ones:

http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/screenshots.php

The first EIGHT ones have been posted this very weekend. The rest are old ones. And in the NEW shots there are no traces of Claude nor Devastator.

Anyway, only time will say. Oleg just gave us good clues, but we don't know really what will be finally in:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oleg's news on FB+AEP+PF development:
(...)several new ground objects and _possible_ vehicles.(...)The list of aircraft above _doesn't means_ that we will have them all. _It will depends of our loading with BoB and conditions of these models that are done by third party._ Anyway I list the planes that has the _best chance_ to meet the virtual sky of Il-2-PF community.(...)We also _expect _nice things from Ian Boys and some others <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just a list of 'maybes', Chuck. It doesn't mean that Claude is out, only that it has not

"...the _best chance_ to meet the virtual sky of Il-2-PF community..."

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All I've been saying is:

Here's info on the Claude. It's in the updates. Not the most recent, but nowhere does Oleg say it won't be in the sim. He doesn't say it will be, either. All I'm doing is presenting as much info as possible, and saying it's a 'maybe'

As for that wet end I posted in reply to...well, that's another thing


What I really want the Fokker for is two things: early war stuff, that might work well with mpas we already have, and to slap a coat of paint on it and call it a "Nate"

heywooood
02-12-2005, 12:47 PM
and if I may - I think the point is that with 1c Maddox and this sim...you dont rule anything out for sure....you wait and see.

"white hair" my ar$e, Duxter. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/oldguys.jpg

Chuck_Older
02-12-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm 33....I know a guy who had salt n pepper hair when he was 25. My beard stubble is coming in blonde in several places from time to time...but no white just yet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

asurob11963
02-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Soon my friend...Im 42 but i have been battling the gray for about 12 years http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

asurob11963
02-12-2005, 01:41 PM
what the? My old signon is back...

Waldo.Pepper
02-12-2005, 03:43 PM
My pubic hair is ....uhm. Oh well never mind.

Chuck_Older
02-12-2005, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
My pubic hair is ....uhm. Oh well never mind. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot the "L" in 'public', Great One. If your Public Hair is gray, i suggest getting a new hairpiece http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

p1ngu666
02-12-2005, 04:29 PM
think it mightbe saqson's baby, so its a safeish bet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

DuxCorvan
02-12-2005, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
think it mightbe saqson's baby, so its a safeish bet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW, any news about Gib's PBY? I could ask him directly in Netwings, but I'm afraid he'll bite me... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Chuck_Older
02-12-2005, 05:51 PM
He's had his shots, I've seen the pedigree

LEXX_Luthor
02-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Dux, Chuck may be right. The screenshots are all 3rd Party work. A5M "Claude" is Moscow work I believe. Same with N1Kn "George" I think. (hopefully, the 3 Georges). We see the 3rd Party work screenshots.

ElAurens
02-12-2005, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DuxCorvan:

BTW, any news about Gib's PBY? I could ask him directly in Netwings, but I'm afraid he'll bite me... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The PBY is a dead issue...

DuxCorvan
02-13-2005, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
I'm 33....I know a guy who had salt n pepper hair when he was 25. My beard stubble is coming in blonde in several places from time to time...but no white just yet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chuck, you must not divide your total amount of years for each one of your limbs... that's cheating. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

I am 33. And I look like a Greek god. Well, actually I look like Bacchus, but that's not the point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

GerritJ9
02-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Dux, that would be Dionysos, not Bacchus- Bacchus is a Roman god.........
The Fokker D.XXI was only used by Finland, Denmark and the Netherlands, and did not see action in the Pacific theatre- not in the Netherlands East Indies, not in China nor anywhere else. The prototype was shipped to Java for testing, but it was rejected by the KNIL, perhaps in part because nearly all of the KNIL's available funds were going to the purchase of Glenn Martin B-10s.

Chuck_Older
02-13-2005, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DuxCorvan:

I am 33. And I look like a Greek god. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean you have no arms? Poor Dux. How have you been typing? Ah wait, I just read your avatar title http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

DuxCorvan
02-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Gerrit, Chuck, let it be a Roman god, then.

Priapus (http://www.lansley.com/photography/images/pompeii%20-%20priapus%20with%20phallus%20statue.jpg). http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Children, don't look. Pompeian art. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Feathered_IV
02-14-2005, 02:57 AM
I think all good public baths had those. Gave people something to hang their wet towels on.

Giganoni
02-14-2005, 03:24 AM
Saqson doing or was doing the claude? Thats good news.

He knows his stuff, especially with the Ki-61 having to cut through all mislabeling thats in most english sources. It wasn't too fun when the release of PF messed up the Ki-61. Hehe, I payed for PF twice almost with all the Japanese stuff on the Ki-61 I had to take to kinkos and scan then send to Oleg.

Feathered_IV
02-14-2005, 05:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I payed for PF twice almost with all the Japanese stuff on the Ki-61 I had to take to kinkos and scan then send to Oleg.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

SaQSoN
02-14-2005, 06:02 AM
Claude (A5M4) external was build by a 3rd party developer on Luthier's order. It wasn't me and I don't know, exhactly who did it. I can only suggest, that it was same person, who did the B6N2 external, cause both models have same mistakes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
The N1K1 external was built by a guy, who calls himself Majesty8 at the Netwings forum. He also presumably builds the cockpit for it, but I haven't heard anything of him in the last 2 monthes.
I am working on the N1K2-Ja external and cockpit right now, and hope to have them ready in time to get into the game.
Back to the Claude.As far as I know there is no cockpit planned or exists for it so far. And before you ask or speculate: no, there is ENOUGH refernece to build it, but, unfortunately, there is no time left for that.

Chuck_Older
02-14-2005, 06:46 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I wonder if it's ready enough to be AI?

harryrriedl
02-14-2005, 07:53 AM
any info of ki27 it one of my fav aircarft

VW-IceFire
02-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Question...on what maps would we be able to use the Claude?

SaQSoN, sounds great that we're getting a George. I always liked that plane and I thought it was a shame not to be able to fly it.

JG53Frankyboy
02-14-2005, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Question...on what maps would we be able to use the Claude?

................ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would have no idea ! i would say it would be a plane without a map to pĆ¼lay, as some others.
so, not realy worth to put rare manpower in it to include it in the game.

@saqson , as you close in the 3.party modelling yrounf the game . is there realy no chance of an japanese army bomber , like Ki-21 ore Ki-48(sure, "just" as AI), in the future ??
with the most propably comming Singapore/Malaya map that would be a grat gap in the plane pool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Chuck_Older
02-14-2005, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Question...on what maps would we be able to use the Claude?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I know what you mean, but:
What maps can you use an H81A-2 on? There's no Burma or China map...so the Claude would be a 'use your imagination' plane, just like the H81A-2 (which almost certainly never encounterd a Nate or Zeke) There's a couple really interesting online maps that make very good 'generic' terrain. I'm curently using a host of maps to represent other places...for example, the Smolensk map is home to "Hanoi". You use what you can...

Chuck_Older
02-14-2005, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by harryrriedl:
any info of ki27 it one of my fav aircarft <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ki-27...have seen no mention of a Ki-27, which I want dearly. However the Fokker that is almost certainly being released is a very good substitute in my opinion...I know, not the same plane, but it might be as close as we can get

SaQSoN
02-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Neither N1K2, Ki-27 or A5M4 are ready even for AI. First 2 of them are in work as flyable. But, mind, I do not promiss anything. It may happen, that neither of them will get into the game. Same for the Ki-21 (even less, or rather much less probablity).

Feathered_IV
02-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Man, that is sad news indeed. The A5M is my all time favourite. I was hoping more than anything to see it flyable in-game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif.

Giganoni
02-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Oh don't praise me, I think by the time I got all my info and sent it to Oleg he replied he had gotten plenty of info, probably from Saqson and others. Hopefully my info just verified at least the other info.

Saqson, nice to know your working on the N1K2. I hope the guy working on the N1K1 is still around. I guess the door is closing fast on PF though. Mid march to finish the planes? Or am I missing something?

LEXX_Luthor
02-15-2005, 07:56 AM
<span class="ev_code_yellow">SaQSoN</span>:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Neither N1K2, Ki-27 or A5M4 are ready even for AI. <span class="ev_code_yellow">First 2 of them</span> are in work as flyable. But, mind, I do not promiss anything. It may happen, that neither of them will get into the game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Flyable N1K2 ?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Flyable Ki~27 ?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Thanx!

SaQSoN
02-15-2005, 11:34 AM
guess the door is closing fast on PF though. Mid march to finish the planes?

Yes. Something like this. The exhact date isn't probably known even to Oleg, though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Blackdog5555
02-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Hey SaQSon, what about the possibility of a SDK so the community can build its own maps?...I thinkd you guys use 3Dmax for your objects but what about maps..Some junk propietary software? Thanks...

Stiglr
02-15-2005, 12:33 PM
You'll be seeing a Ki-27 in Targetware (http://www.targetware.net) fairly soon, I have a feeling...

RocketDog
02-15-2005, 12:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SaQSoN:
I am working on the N1K2-Ja external and cockpit right now, and hope to have them ready in time to get into the game.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent news! One of my favourites, I really hope this gets into the game.

Regards,

RocketDog.

Giganoni
02-15-2005, 03:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
You'll be seeing a Ki-27 in http://www.targetware.net fairly soon, I have a feeling... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another plug? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Sorry, rather see a nate in PF. PF merged has most of the nate's opponents. I-16, Buffalos, Blenheims, Hurricanes. Also..why would the nate be in Rabaul? First army fighter sentais that went to New Guinea the 1st and 11th had already switched to Ki-43s.

LEXX_Luthor
02-15-2005, 04:21 PM
There could have been some Ki~27 training planes in Rabaul. Even if not, TagertWare's "MiG~3U Over Rabaul" campaign assumes Japanese radio code changes late 1942, so I see nothing wrong in a Ki~27 over Rabaul fantasy scenario.

In fact I am thinking of Dynamic Campaign that can have Jp attack Ussia early 1941 so F2A is still a carrier based fighter. I am getting "into" this new F2A, maybe its this PF~esque sliding canopy thing, ya I'm that simple minded. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sounds good Stiglr, keep up the good work. With Ki~27 and that G3M "Nell" (I assume you made that for TagertWare) you fellas/fellattes have a good shot at Target China 1937-1939.

ElAurens
02-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Ki 27s did fly in the defence of the Home Islands in 1945. As the supply of front line fighters was depleted, Ki 27s were withdrawn from flying schools and put back into combat.

And I did read somewhere on the web about a USN pilot's description of a "20 minute dogfight" with a "pro" in a Ki 27. I seem to remember the US pilot was in an F4U.

LEXX_Luthor
02-15-2005, 06:59 PM
ElAurens:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And I did read somewhere on the web about a USN pilot's description of a "20 minute dogfight" with a "pro" in a Ki 27. I seem to remember the US pilot was in an F4U. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would be interested if you can find that story. I like to look at them as a way to more closely examine the pop~culture fascination or "cult" of modelling TnB Pilot Stamina while ignoring all other simulation of Flight Medicine.

ElAurens
02-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Lexx, As I recall the reference was a short one in passing in a larger discussion of aircraft types. It didn't really go into too much except to say it took 20 min. to shoot him down, which by 1945 was very much the exception.


Your reason for wanting to see it fascinates me. Are you speaking of the modeling of blackout/redout to the exception of pilot fatigue, etc?

LEXX_Luthor
02-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Yes, I would love to see it. Its possible the TnB pilot may or may not have gotten all tuckered out at the end. There are stories of Ussian pilots flying BnZ for 30 minutes against "insane" Ki~43 or Zero pilots and the Ussian pilots lost all their Fuel Stamina or Ammo Stamina before the TnB pilot loses enough TnB Stamina to get shot down.

...or the sun went down before the insane pilot lost sufficient TnB Stamina. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif