PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically speaking

Grey_Mouser67
03-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Would you pay for online play if....

Only people who paid continued to see patches AND the money generated from said "patch memberships" was used to finance further development of the sim to include missing maps such as

Solomons
Italy
Malta
Channel
Philippines

And missing flyable aircraft such as...

Typhoon
P-38G
Spit MkXIV
P-51A/Mustang mk IA, A36
A20 and B26
Whirlwind
Avenger and helldiver
Kate
Ki44, 45, 48
Hs 129
More varients of Ju88, B25, A20
as well as flyable Heavies without gunner stations such as B17, 24, adn 29?

With of course some added ground objects to include more ships, killable ships/barges/junks/pt boats etc...vehicles, crates etc???

I know I would...if and only if, the funds furthered the sim in this manner (with profit to Oleg of course) and it was difficult, if not impossible, for non-payers to continue to play online and most importantly...existing aircraft errors that are well documented and supported are corrected to increasing levels of realism and accuracy! Would be nice to be in pursuit of perfection...

GoToAway
03-02-2006, 08:33 PM
No. I would not pay for play under any circumstances.

But I would pay for expansions containing those things.

fordfan25
03-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by GoToAway:

But I would pay for expansions containing those things. thats the way i feel about it. i refuse to suport ANY game that is pay to play unless the game itself is free and the monthly charges are not above 10 bucks. one game might not seem so bad but when every dev and there brother starts doing it it will add up. the cost of Hardwear is BS enough to play PC games never mind 39.99 and up foir the game then monthly charges just to play it. nope not me. ill go back to nintendo full time first http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The-Pizza-Man
03-02-2006, 09:48 PM
If I'm going to be paying $20 a month to play a game I would want to be getting something a little more than that, especially if it is in addition to the cost of actually buying the game. The total cost of FB+AEP+PF was something around 200-250 AUD for me. Compare that to $20 a month for 2 years, $480. It would have to be a pretty special game to have me pay that much for it.

slo_1_2_3
03-02-2006, 10:05 PM
yea i will never pay to play i would however pay for the addons seperatly like the others
because if i didnt and they did then who would i play online with?

ohs88t
03-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Grey_Mouser67:
Would you pay for online play if....

Only people who paid continued to see patches AND the money generated from said "patch memberships" was used to finance further development of the sim to include missing maps such as

Solomons
Italy
Malta
Channel
Philippines

And missing flyable aircraft such as...

Typhoon
P-38G
Spit MkXIV
P-51A/Mustang mk IA, A36
A20 and B26
Whirlwind
Avenger and helldiver
Kate
Ki44, 45, 48
Hs 129
More varients of Ju88, B25, A20
as well as flyable Heavies without gunner stations such as B17, 24, adn 29?

With of course some added ground objects to include more ships, killable ships/barges/junks/pt boats etc...vehicles, crates etc???

No to paying for online playing, but if all the above was on an expansion cd/dvd sign me up.

DaimonSyrius
03-03-2006, 07:09 AM
NO pay to play;
YES pay to buy (added content)

IMO.

Cheers,
S.

VF-51-Dart
03-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Been there, done that back in Warbirds when it was $9.99/month for 5 hours and then $2/hr after that and then when it went to $25/month for unlimited play. Looking back it wasn't worth it then, and it isn't now. That said, I'd happily continue paying for significant and comprehensive add-ons.

jds1978
03-03-2006, 07:59 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

DoubleTap2005A
03-03-2006, 08:27 AM

That pretty much sums it up for me...

Cworth
03-03-2006, 09:21 AM

Same goes for me as well.

Akronnick
03-03-2006, 09:33 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Here, here!