PDA

View Full Version : Game Hosting Question

VFS-214_Hawk
06-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Is there any way to limit a particular aircraft while hosting an online dogfight game? I know you can with a dedicated server.

BBB_Hyperion
06-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Only way they have is using grennadich and send warn points (limit 100 for example)to player and then kick them. My suggestion was to block refly until right selection was done which is already implemented for example for coop .

For the client this is more complicated you would need the realtime eventlog then you could run any daemon on this file. After high complains that you could read bomberpositions out when they change to gunner and intercept them eventlog is delayed and only written at mission end. What you could try is check console port 2000 with telnet and check if there is enough info to make up warnpoints. Most likely moding the i18n files is needed.

dbillo
06-19-2007, 05:13 PM
You mean limit the quantity of particular aircraft that can fly?

AFAIK, it's not actually the server that does that, but the server controller, like IL2 Server Commander ("grennadich" as BBB_Hyperion calls it), that performs that function.

Now, FBDaemon will work with the integrated game server, as well as with a dedicated server, however, it no longer has that aircraft limiting feature (I think it used to). I don't know if IL2 SC will work with the integrated server, but it might.

Another way you might be able to do this, is my moving the Home Base circle in the mission builder, such that the circle only encompasses a limited number of spawn points. The trick is to find out where the spawn points are.

Having said that, however, I'm not 100% sure that will actually limit numbers. It would have to be tested, unless someone already knows. If all the available spawn points are taken, I thought that subsequent players would spawn in the air.

VFS-214_Hawk
06-20-2007, 07:38 AM
for example. I want to enable the:
F4U unlimited aircraft available
P-38 unlimited aircraft vailable
YP-80 only one aircraft available

I have seen this done on dedicated servers but dont know if I can do by just simply hosting a game.