PDA

View Full Version : U-boot sunk by is own torpedo.

U-875
11-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Hello,

It will be possible in SH3 , an u-boot to be sunk by is own torpedo or a torpedo from another u-boot in wolfpack ? I'd read that the order was to deep quickly just after firing an accoustic torpedo ( T-5 Zaunkonig against destroyer ) because the risk was the torpedo choice the noise of the u-boot as a target !

regards.

U-875
11-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Hello,

It will be possible in SH3 , an u-boot to be sunk by is own torpedo or a torpedo from another u-boot in wolfpack ? I'd read that the order was to deep quickly just after firing an accoustic torpedo ( T-5 Zaunkonig against destroyer ) because the risk was the torpedo choice the noise of the u-boot as a target !

regards.

oscar0072004
11-30-2004, 12:49 PM
i think i speak for the community when i say , try reading the daily q&a.

julien673
11-30-2004, 04:40 PM
ok ok i will be correct http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes its possible http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

oscar0072004
12-01-2004, 01:13 AM
the dev team never mentioned that it would be possible to sink your own boat with your torpedo.

U-875
12-01-2004, 04:05 AM
This was an accident ! Never a commander would to sink is own submarine ! But few submarines was sunk by his own torpedo , cause of a malfunction ( the rudder of the torpedo was accidently fixed and the torpedo run in a circle , Ex: USS Tang and USS Tullibee ) . It's possible the accoustic torpedo fired by the u-boot, miss is target ( the destroyer ) and choice the u-boot because it was the near target after ( this is the probability of the sinking of U-377 ) .

I would like to know if this situation is provided by the dev-team for SH3.

In addition : Allies used a floating towed noise deccoy against the german accoustic torpedo . This device is provide by the dev-team ?

Thanks,

Regards.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-01-2004, 08:29 AM
I hope it's not included because the statistics on such a thing make it very uncommon indeed. If the developers included it they would have to make it happen in only about one out of every 3000 shots. I'm not sure that level of detail is possible - probably they'd have to make it happen much more frequently, which would suck because it's an instant death sentence with no chance of survival - hardly a good gameplay feature.

In my opinion, simulating such an extremely rare and gameplay-ruining feature is a waste of resources. I'd rather have lifeboats included - and I don't want them very much either.

hauitsme
12-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Did it happen? Was it possible? If the answer to either of these is yes, then it has to be in the game. For all of you that don't want them, go back to playing your arcade games. This is SUPPOSED to be based upon historical reality. I don't care if it happened one time or a thousand times. If it EVER occured, how can you all b*tch about not wanting it included? This is supposed to be a simulation of what it could/would of been like.

OMG, what's wrong with you, complaining about not wanting something included because it might kill or damage you?

Hans_Koenig
12-01-2004, 09:45 AM
If I say it's a low priority matter, can I get away with it without being labelled as 'arcade gamer', Hauitsme? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jose.MaC
12-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Actually, in SH2 I managed to get sank by my own torpedoes! Pattern torpedoes are a real pain in the back!