View Full Version : SLO_MO Splash-Crash down

Box-weasel
11-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Why?

VW-IceFire
11-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Why what?

Why not?

I don't think any of us know what you're talking about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
11-07-2004, 02:27 PM
I think I know. Now if you hit the water, or the ground for that matter, it almost looks like the plane has hit jello and it give a lot instead of causing complete destruction of the A/C on impact. Whatever effect it was supposed to achieve is negated by the fact that it doesn't work right. I was flying a p-38 and my left wing went into the water and nothing happened, I just kept on flying. Really wierd.

WWMaxGunz
11-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Planes should be able to ditch in the water without exploding or turning into debris.
On land too if the sink rate is very low, the angle is low and the nose does not
touch first by much. 90 mph belly slide on flat ground with a low drop speed hit,
the plane will not fly again without repair but the pilot should have good chance
of walking away. I'd worry more about fire than tearing the plane up.

How many captured planes were from just such things as controlled crashes?

VW-IceFire
11-07-2004, 08:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
I think I know. Now if you hit the water, or the ground for that matter, it almost looks like the plane has hit jello and it give a lot instead of causing complete destruction of the A/C on impact. Whatever effect it was supposed to achieve is negated by the fact that it doesn't work right. I was flying a p-38 and my left wing went into the water and nothing happened, I just kept on flying. Really wierd. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
How much went into the water? I used to have lots of fun in QMB's just dipping wings into the water. I usually cartwheleed but not always...

3.JG51_BigBear
11-07-2004, 09:36 PM
All the way up to the engine. I know planes shouldn't just explode when they hit things, there should definitely be a way to crash land the planes but now it feel sfar more forgiving than it ever did before.