PDA

View Full Version : WW2 in HD

rfxcasey
07-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Some of my newest European mates hadn't even heard of this so I'm posting a link for anyone who missed it.

http://www.history.com/shows/wwii-in-hd

M_Gunz
07-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Those are some very serious shows with many parts bringing strong impressions of war. There are two sets of 2 DVDs out though I dunno how much different material they contain, I have one set and it was not an easy lightweight watch. I have seen more graphic video, particularly German 'home movies' of gunning down Jews in Poland -- this in some places approaches that. They showed prisoners being gunned down but did not have more line up standing on those shot down and do it again and again and again. Just a warning what you may see there does get extreme. Please don't think you will know 'how it is' from that though because you won't. You will have an idea of what it -looks- like and that should be bad enough to stop wanting to know more.

Xiolablu3
07-30-2010, 03:34 AM
The content you are trying to access is not available in your area.

rfxcasey
07-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
The content you are trying to access is not available in your area.

I've had the same issue while trying to view overseas programs and I feared this might happen. Well, regardless they can do their own searchs or order the DVDs.

M_Gunz, nice to see you can respond to my post without getting all up in arms. This would be a pleasant trend if it continued. Yeah, it's pretty graphic stuff, viewer discretion advised, it I think all adults should see this sort of thing if they haven't so they know the reality as to the depth human curtly and it honors those who lost their lives. Best not to brush this sort of thing under the carpet.

There is also some very good footage of aircraft operations especially the sections on the bombing of German.