PDA

View Full Version : What should I be doing before level 10 or so?

SilentBobBMFJ
01-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm a newb, and I figured it out from the start that if you're getting less than 300 points for a kill, you're failing. I usually do Incognito, which is 400 if you add in the 100 for the base kill. So that's what I usually do, but what else should I be doing to get more points, since all I have is Smoke Bomb and Disguise.

STYJ
01-15-2011, 10:38 PM
you can get hidden, focus, acrobatic, variety etc to get more points . keep your kills within silent / incognito . For hidden, hide in a group then within a few seconds after you leave that group, kill your target . 200 points extra .

for focus, when you're near your target, wait till the circle around the kill icon (Square button for ps3) is full . once it has made a complete circle , kill your target and get a focus bonus of 150 points .

Acrobatic is killing from above .

variety is just getting different bonuses and you'll get variety . It is pretty easy to level up when you're low level .

Just be patient and smoke bomb is your best best best best friend .

Another tip would be whispers . when your pursuers are near, ghost like whispers will start . keep a vigilant lookout and you'll see your pursuer . Once he's close enough, pop your smoke bomb down (you have to do it earlier because of lag. but not too early otherwise he'll see it, just practice and you'll get the right timing). and lastly stun .

personally, i like lower levels since they're based more on luck and stealth rather than on abilities . so enjoy yourself when you're low level .

marq08
01-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Disguise will net you the hidden bonus worth another 200. Try working on getting focus kills and variety bonuses as well.

Soviet_Mudkip
01-15-2011, 10:40 PM
-try to get Hidden kills (killing from a blend group,bench,haystack) that's another 200 I believe.
-Don't run alot.
-Use smokebomb once you get it.
-Try to avoid hidden gun

Patience is key

STYJ
01-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Soviet_Mudkip:
-try to get Hidden kills (killing from a blend group,bench,haystack) that's another 200 I believe.
-Don't run alot.
-Use smokebomb once you get it.
-Try to avoid hidden gun

Patience is key

you can run, just do it intelligently . Don't run past corners . when you're near a corner / near your target, immediately stop because if you stop past the corner, they can see the red indicator above your head which tells them that you're their pursuer .

yes, patience is the key . When you have to go after a roofer, kill a random NPC . don't bother chasing an NPC . it's not worth it . I spent 7 minutes trying to go after this roofer (i wasn't awake since i just woke up) and eventually she got killed by someone else . No i did not trigger a chase because i wanted my silent bonus but yeah .

GAOStarr
01-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Man, this is a good question!

And you have one of the best skills in the game right now, Smoke Bombs!

Also, the latest patch made Disguise even better than it used to be, so there's actually a lot you can do!

The last update made it so that Disguise now acts as a Hiding Spot. This means that if you activate Disguise while your target is not looking in your direction, or the line of sight between you and your target is broken (for example: you walk around a corner and then activate Disguise) then you can walk right up to your target with your Disguise activated and get an extra 200 Points for a Hidden Kill.

Just make sure that your target is not looking in your direction, or can't see you when you activate Disguise. Also make sure you remain unseen for the first 2 Seconds after you have activated Disguise. If your target sees you glowing and shining right after activating it (this is called the "Animus Effect") then it won't give you points for being hidden.

When Disguise begins to wear off, you do glow and shine again (Animus Effect), but I'm actually not sure if this is something other players can see or not. I do know that even if they can see it, this glowing and shining does not mean that you will lose your Hidden Bonus (even if you kill them 1 Second before losing your Disguise).

Smoke Bombs are great for three things.

1. Throw them down while you're being chased and run/keep running away. Your pursuer will usually get caught in the Smoke, giving you time to flee.

2. If you see a character walking toward you suspiciously, and you think it might be someone trying to sneak up on you, wait until they are in Smoke range and activate! Walk over to them and Stun for 200 Points.

3. When you stay close to your Assassination Target for 3 Seconds before killing them, a little meter around your Assassinate prompt (above their head) will fill up. This means you have achieved Focus. If you kill them with this full circle-meter over their head, you will get an extra 150 Points for your Focus Bonus. Try activating a Smoke Bomb before killing your target to prevent them from stunning you. This allows you to safely stand near them for 3 Seconds before killing them. But practice with the timing. Focus takes 3 Seconds to earn, and Smoke Bombs only last for exactly 3 Seconds. (Unless you're using the 4 Second Long Lasting Smoke Bomb).

Practice, practice, practice.

For the highest possible kill (right now), try locating your target when they're standing still. Walk around a corner and activate Disguise. Wait 2 Seconds, round the corner again and walk over to them. Get close enough to activate Smoke Bombs and build up that Focus. Then Kill them. You should get 100 for the Kill, 150 for Focus, 200 for Hidden, and 300 for Incognito. That's 750 Points. It sounds like a lot of work, but it's easy with very little practice.

Good luck!

Soviet_Mudkip
01-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by STYJ:

you can run, just do it intelligently . Don't run past corners . when you're near a corner / near your target, immediately stop because if you stop past the corner, they can see the red indicator above your head which tells them that you're their pursuer .

never said DON'T run at all. Just said try not to a lot. But other than that you got the basic idea I was going for

anyways...

If you kill your target and your waiting for a new contract it's always a good bet to go find a blend group that has your persona in it. Never wanna be too carefull. And if you hear Whisper's try to stay in a hidden group with a persona that looks like you.

STYJ
01-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Soviet_Mudkip:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by STYJ:

never said DON'T run at all. Just said try not to a lot. But other than that you got the basic idea I was going for

anyways...

If you kill your target and your waiting for a new contract it's always a good bet to go find a blend group that has your persona in it. Never wanna be too carefull. And if you hear Whisper's try to stay in a hidden group with a persona that looks like you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i never said you said never :P

but yeah, you get the idea.

E-Zekiel
01-15-2011, 11:10 PM
-Learn to disguise well.

-Manhunt tends to be more exp.