PDA

View Full Version : Illegal PC version discussion thread (Morality, Values)

shop27C171CB8
03-16-2011, 12:16 AM
As some of us may already know (if not, continue reading), a group known of cracking PC games has succeeded with cracking Assassins Creed Brotherhood for PC.
It is and was inevitable and I'm positive that us, the customers have some questions for Ubisoft or a message to Ubisoft.

We've been waiting since November. No illegal version should make you think twice about this. Just wait the extra day(s) before your pre-order gets released. Besides, we get the multiplayer and more (if ordered!)
It's not worth pirating a game!

Please, keep this thread clean of posting links to the illegal version.

Disclaimer:
I do not endorse the downloading of illegal games.
This thread is merely created to keep Ubisoft employees up-to-date with thoughts, comments and questions of Ubisoft customers.
Also, I'm positive if all posts are in one thread Ubisoft employees will have a lot less work to do than browse every thread / search for replies regarding the illegal PC version.
If I am breaking any rules with this thread than I am sorry for my behaviour and please delete this thread and contact me by PM.

shop27C171CB8
03-16-2011, 12:34 AM
And to start the thread with a message to Ubisoft:

Ubisoft,

You will always have my support, with or without DRM.
We are living in the digital ages now.
People shouldn't complain about DRM or an upgraded DRM version if it gives you a (possible) way stop to illegal versions.
I know Assassins Creed Brotherhood will be good and I'll be waiting the extra day(s) needed to fully enjoy it!
Thank you for making my life better!

doctor_xx2010
03-16-2011, 01:53 AM
sir . totally dis agree . but whatever .i have only one question . since the piartes copy come out LOL . why we don't pre downlods ours
simple question need simple answer ???????????????????

shop27C171CB8
03-16-2011, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by doctor_xx2010:
sir . totally dis agree . but whatever .i have only one question . since the piartes copy come out LOL . why we don't pre downlods ours
simple question need simple answer ??????????????????? Why do you disagree? Do you have an argument with that statement? A small dialog won't kill you.

And to answer your question, Ubisoft has a set date on when to release Assassins Creed Brotherhood for PC.

AntiChrist7
03-16-2011, 02:24 AM
I'll keep buying it too. It's not the stone age anymore, Internet is almost to be found everywhere. And AC is a great series, its worth every cent. The hours of fun you get for the paid price is almost unmatched by any other artform.

thales.100
03-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Ive bought the Steam Version, its a shame that the PC version was leaked and cracked, i have always supported UBI, i love AC and GR series. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

DylanJosh9
03-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Shameless people. Pirating games and all. >_<

TheLeoCrow
03-16-2011, 06:21 AM
I too bought it on steam but i was really hoping for a predownload so that as soon as it officially releases, we could imediatelly play it.

I am actually dissapointed about the pirate version because i hate to know that pirates can already play it and we can't even predownload it legally. I know that they won't be able ot play the multiplayer but i don't care about multiplayer, i only got the game for the SP.

I just don't understand why they released the crack before the regular release of the game, they usually don't do that (they do want the game companies to make money so that they continue to make the games)

Razrback16
03-16-2011, 06:23 AM
I haven't pirated software in over 10 years, and don't plan to. That being said, I understand why some groups do under certain circumstances. In the case of AC2 I could easily see why people chose to download the cracked copy. It was superior to the store-bought version and free.

That being said, to me it's not worth the trouble to acquire. Money is not an issue for me, but I generally take my stand with games that have shady DRM, etc. (like AC2) by just waiting for the price to come down. I waited for AC2 to drop to $20 before purchasing simply to make a stand with my wallet as best as one consumer could.

With Brotherhood not having any DRM aside from an initial activation (I need to confirm that there are no activation limits, first) I will purchase it for the full retail price.

Windrius
03-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Ok well at first my friend told me AC:B can already be downloaded at torrents. I WAS LIKE WATAFAK! THEY CAN DOWNLOAD BEFORE ME!?!?!?!?!?!?
I thought that the date was still march 17.
Now I just got back from school and it looks like I can download from gamersgate.
But still fudge it. It could've atleast been a few days.
The only good thing is that we can play multiplayer and they can't :P

EDIT: Wait wut!?!?!!? Some people say that pirated versions can also play multiplayer. It's prolly a lie cause ubisoft aren't complete idiots, right?

dex3108
03-16-2011, 06:53 AM
I can't download from gamers gate they told me that they doesn't have permission from Ubisoft for preload. I don't have download link just blank space where Gift button was http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Message from GG:

Hi Dejan, unfortunately we haven't gotten permission from Ubisoft to offer Pre-load on this title. You'll just have to wait until the release http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

How the hell than you can download game? Where are you from Windrius?

MelodicRock
03-16-2011, 07:08 AM
So far every single game I played, was also a game I bought. But I can very well understand why people get frustrated at how Ubisoft treats them, and do not want Ubisoft to receive any more money from them. After waiting several months for the PC version, last week I received a mail from the online store where I pre-ordered by Codex Edition, stating that the publisher (Ubisoft) would not deliver enough copies of the game, so they had to cancel my pre-order. So you can probably understand my frustration. If I don't get my CE, then I'm definitely not going to buy a different version. However, I'm not going to pirate it either. I'll simply wait for a second hand CE a year on Ebay or so from now. Right now, I'm already playing Dragon Age II, so either way, Ubisoft will lose another pc buyer.
But my point is, with this amount of frustration going on, I really do understand why people resort to pirated versions instead.

Windrius
03-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by woodexx:
I can't download from gamers gate they told me that they doesn't have permission from Ubisoft for preload. I don't have download link just blank space where Gift button was http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Message from GG:

Hi Dejan, unfortunately we haven't gotten permission from Ubisoft to offer Pre-load on this title. You'll just have to wait until the release http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm from Lithuania and I am downloading right now... The speed is low tho. Jumps from 600kB/s to 3MB/s. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Have to wait like an hour for the download to complete.

EDIT: Also if you don't believe me:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1456/daunlaud.png

AubreyWilborn
03-16-2011, 07:39 AM
I personally have no sympathy for idiots that pirate games. It's messed up-it's stealing. I used to complain alot about the PC delay-but you know what? It really is better to be patient.

I won't be able to download the game from STEAM until next monday, but that's fine for me. I'm spending the time replaying AC2. I don't understand software pirates.

dex3108
03-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Windrius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woodexx:

Message from GG:

I'm from Lithuania and I am downloading right now... The speed is low tho. Jumps from 600kB/s to 3MB/s. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Have to wait like an hour for the download to complete.

EDIT: Also if you don't believe me:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1456/daunlaud.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe you because friend of mine is downloading it too. I am really frustrated first when i preordered retail copy they didn't kow when will they send it to me even after release date is reveled, and now this when everybody can download game but i can't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

shop27C171CB8
03-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Alright. I got a few updates of a friend. He decided to download the illegal version because well that's him. If it's free he's in etc etc.

There are quite a few features he cannot use due to multiplayer required in singleplayer storyline.
For example: Investing in stores (As he told me)

I must say, that's just awesome hahaha!
Thank you Ubisoft for making my day! Only a few hours left till I can download (I hope?) the pre-order http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dex3108
03-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Ok i have managed to download GG download manger over proxy and guess what hi asked me for my account username and password and after entering that i started to download the game. But i have stopped because i am afraid that they doesn't ban my account and i now doesn't know what to do now.
Download or not to download?

evilmonkey691
03-16-2011, 08:02 AM
How the f. did they hack it so fast.. Crackers are faster than the light lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I need to w8 my delivery until 18.03 :|

Lusankya84
Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
There are quite a few features he cannot use due to multiplayer required in singleplayer storyline.
For example: Investing in stores (As he told me)

"Investing in stores" is related to the "Rome Global Economy" point on the Assassin's Network home page?

ElleCore
First times I played AC2 I cracked it.
But thought something was missing, so I bought it even though I finished it several times before, and I'm happy I did.

Also, 1 more day until ACB is released on Steam, pre-ordered 2 weeks ago, and can wait 24 hours instead of using a stupid and buggy pirated version.

shop27C171CB8
03-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Lusankya84:
"Investing in stores" is related to the "Rome Global Economy" point on the Assassin's Network home page? Not sure. Have to see it myself today / tomorrow when Ubisoft allows me to download http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Razrback16
03-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by ElleCore:
First times I played AC2 I cracked it.
But thought something was missing, so I bought it even though I finished it several times before, and I'm happy I did.

Also, 1 more day until ACB is released on Steam, pre-ordered 2 weeks ago, and can wait 24 hours instead of using a stupid and buggy pirated version.

What do you mean 1 more day? Steam's website says it releases on 3/22.

Ragmarok99
03-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Europe launch: 17th march
USA launch:22 march

since im from europe mine is going to be released tomorow...(too bad steam doesnt unlock it at 00:00 so i can download it during the night)

Razrback16
03-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Ah I did not realize that the USA got screwed over in that fashion. I should've known.

ace3001
03-16-2011, 09:01 AM
My uncle's already preordered for me (physical copy), and right now, I'm downloading the pirated version so I can play the game as soon as possible. Waited too damn long. And this way, I don't have to wait for him to actually give me the copy in person. All I'll need to play multiplayer is the product key from him, and the original executable that I'll be backing up before I replace with the crack.
And frankly, I didn't once think of any moral issues.

shop27C171CB8
03-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Hehe just a few hours left.
Pre-ordered release date: Thu Mar 17 00:00:00 CDT 2011

00:00:00 Thursday March 17, 2011 in CST6CDT converts to
06:00:00 Thursday March 17, 2011 in Europe/Amsterdam

6 AM tomorrow and I'll be playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ThaWhistle
03-16-2011, 09:05 AM
really? you've waited about 3 months and can't wait another few days?

<insert whistles philosophy on pirating here that is irrelevent, but makes me better than everyone because I use big words like colostomy bag>

Pumpkins.
03-16-2011, 09:10 AM
I got it from D2D and I can pre download it. the game is about 7.79 GB.

Now Ubisoft should make sure the piraters dont crack the multiplayer too.

and next time keep the DRM!!!

shop27C171CB8
03-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Pumpkins.:
I got it from D2D and I can pre download it. the game is about 7.79 GB.

Now Ubisoft should make sure the piraters dont crack the multiplayer too.

and next time keep the DRM!!! Lucky you! Enjoy the game when finished downloading http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

As a programmer myself I can guarantee you that they won't be able to play online with a cracked version.
A LOT of work to accomplish that and ofcourse renting your own servers etc etc. Not going to happen haha

Saikotek
03-16-2011, 09:17 AM
It's very annoying to see people already playing some pirated versions for 1 or 2 days and who paid for it still waiting.
But whatever... tomorrow I'll be able to make the download from Steam and finally start playing the game too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Windrius
03-16-2011, 09:26 AM
WATAFAK!?!?!??! Where do I GET MY SERIAL NUMBER?!?!?! IT'S A DIGITAL EDITION!!!!!!

ThaWhistle
03-16-2011, 09:28 AM
WATAFAK!?!?!??! Where do I GET MY SERIAL NUMBER?!?!?! IT'S A DIGITAL EDITION!!!!!!

How did you get the game/what retailer?

Windrius
03-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:

How did you get the game/what retailer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GamersGate

SteDLS
03-16-2011, 09:33 AM
In no way do I support piracy. But this is my point.

A cracked copy is made, some poeple download it for a test drive of the real game and then go out and buy the game for multiplayer features, add-ons etc.

How ****ed are you when you go and spend £30-50 on a game which either you hate, or is riddled with bugs.

Piracy isn't the problem in my eyes, greedy people are.

* I do not download any games.

ace3001
03-16-2011, 09:35 AM
really? you've waited about 3 months and can't wait another few days?

<insert whistles philosophy on pirating here that is irrelevent, but makes me better than everyone because I use big words like colostomy bag> If by any chance it was me you referred to, yeah, I can't wait another few days. Hell, if not for the multiplayer, I wouldn't have even bought it. I was damn ****ed at Ubi like most guys for the delay. I actually wanted to pirate it outright. Of course, I just didn't wanna miss out. Score 1 for Ubi, I guess. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

dex3108
03-16-2011, 09:35 AM

They will gave you serial on release date i think

ThaWhistle
03-16-2011, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:

GamersGate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From their website "The Serial Key can be found in the My Games section once you are logged in.
•Go to My Games tab.
•Choose Purchased Games sub-tab

And if you have a game, that needs a serial to activate it, then it will be right under the title of the corresponding game.

NOTE: not all games require serials in order to play them. If the game requires a serial, but it is not given to you at your game page, contact support@gamersgate.com for help
"

Windrius
03-16-2011, 09:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

GamersGate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From their website "The Serial Key can be found in the My Games section once you are logged in.
•Go to My Games tab.
•Choose Purchased Games sub-tab

And if you have a game, that needs a serial to activate it, then it will be right under the title of the corresponding game.

NOTE: not all games require serials in order to play them. If the game requires a serial, but it is not given to you at your game page, contact support@gamersgate.com for help
" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, pretty sure it's not there.

ThaWhistle
03-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by SteDLS:
In no way do I support piracy. But this is my point.

A cracked copy is made, some poeple download it for a test drive of the real game and then go out and buy the game for multiplayer features, add-ons etc.

How ****ed are you when you go and spend £30-50 on a game which either you hate, or is riddled with bugs.

Piracy isn't the problem in my eyes, greedy people are.

* I do not download any games.

People tell themselves that all the time, but I would bet a whole crapload of money that if you looked on most peoples harddrives, that pirate games with that logic, you'll probably find most of those games still downloaded. the 50 to 60 dollar jump most games have made is irritating, especially with demos having gone the way of the dodo.

Now when we get demos, they call them Betas, and we are supposed ot feel privledged that we were allowed to help make hte game better when its basically just hte finished product.

ThaWhistle
03-16-2011, 09:45 AM

Is it March 17th there yet?

Windrius
03-16-2011, 09:50 AM

Is it March 17th there yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.
But they did let me download the game.
Pretty sure they should give me the serial.

ThaWhistle
03-16-2011, 09:54 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.
Pretty sure they should give me the serial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm... they might not give it to you until the game is ready to play.

Windrius
03-16-2011, 10:01 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.
Pretty sure they should give me the serial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm... they might not give it to you until the game is ready to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's just messed up.
>____<
Why do pirates get to play the game earlier than me.
Not fair IMO.

ThaWhistle
03-16-2011, 10:02 AM
take it up with the people who leaked the game.

AnthonyA85
03-16-2011, 10:10 AM
well, i'll most likely get my hands on the codex edition this weekend or next week sometime. It'll probably dispatch from one of Play's wherehouses tomorrow or friday, and then one or two days shipping, so it'll probably be at my brother's house by monday (It'll probably end up at a post collection center, since it'll be a large package, and he might not be home when it's delivered, that's what happened with the play arts kai ezio figure i ordered), then he'll drop it off here.

EDIT
It seems the game is now Instock at play.com, it seems the one that was pre-ordered for me shipped yesturday, so with any luck, i'll get it this weekend. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
/EDIT

And on topic, I for one, don't download pirate games. I mean, you never know exactly what you're getting. It SAYS you're downloading the game, but you have no idea what is coming with it, stuff you really don't want on your system (and there's some stuff outthere you can't get rid of without formating your harddrive), and you also run the risk of having the file corrupted, and not installing properly (if at all)

Windrius
03-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Meh, anyway. Hoping gamersgate will give me mah serial tomorrow. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mr_Shade
03-16-2011, 11:51 AM
people waiting on CD Keys - you should get them on the day of release for your country.

If you worried please check with the site you ordered from.

I am locking the thread - since not only are there a few post's which I'm not happy with - it's veered well away from the original topic.

If someone wants to start a thread, so you guys can compare notes on download info or when you get the Cd Key emails - please do.

Remember to abide by the forum rules - do not post personal info / cd keys ! - since if you do and they get stolen, its your own fault!