PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Fighters Standalone Multiplayer Question

NIBsnoopy
03-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Noob question,

Is it possible to start a multiplayer game in Pacific Fighters (stand alone) and play it on the same computer? Or do I have to create a designated server on one of my PC€s then join the game? For some reason, I am able to create the game but my friend is not able to join. He has the same issue when he hosts the game and I try to join.

We both are running the same version of the game and the same updates. Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Troll2k
03-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Are you trying to play over the internet or trying to play on a lan?If you are trying over the internet are you using ip to ip or a lobby browser like HyperLobby?You must give PF.exe permission through your firewall as well as any server browser.

Do both of you have routers?If so then you must forward port 21000.

You do not need a dedicated server to host.You can host from within the game.

Bearcat99
03-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Just do yourself a humongous favor and forget about the standalone.... try to find the GOLD ... try Comp USA. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/4591089933/r/4591089933#4591089933)

willyvic
03-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by NIBsnoopy:
Noob question,

Is it possible to start a multiplayer game in Pacific Fighters (stand alone) and play it on the same computer? Or do I have to create a designated server on one of my PC€s then join the game? For some reason, I am able to create the game but my friend is not able to join. He has the same issue when he hosts the game and I try to join.

We both are running the same version of the game and the same updates. Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Troll2k's points are valid. You might also check in IL2 setup under server, I believe, (I am at work) and see if there are multiple IP addresses listed. Choose the last one and give it a try.

Hope ya work it out.

WV.

Troll2k
03-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks Willyvic.I forgot about that tab.Since I am one of those with no options I tend to forget about it.

Willyvic is mostly correct.In the IL2 setup standalone program there is a tab under network(not server).Some people have an option there to choose an ip.You should use your wan ip not your lan ip.(but you can try both depending on whether you are on a wan or lan)

NIBsnoopy
03-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks for all the help Gents.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

NIBsnoopy
03-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Simple fix... All I had to do was to DMZ my pc at the router.