PDA

View Full Version : Altair and his apprentices

CholericCrest
10-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Do you think altair will be able to call in assassins to help him on his missions? And how long will his campaign run? Will it be long and allow free roam and fast traveling to other cities? or will it be short missions in small areas that are insanely boring.

Moultonborough
10-20-2011, 11:42 PM
No, the guild abilities will be for Ezio only. I think we will be limited to what memory and area of the memory in which it takes place. I doubt we can fully free-roam. I wouldn't call them boring though.

naran6142
10-20-2011, 11:43 PM
i dont recall exactly how much time we get as altair, but i believe its at least over an hour maybe more

as for using the brotherhood system, maybe but i doubt it because i dont think we will be recruiting citizen as altair so there wont be recruits to use

im actually not sure if we go to multiple cities as altair but it possible

SleezeRocker
10-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah I doubt we'll see Altair calling the brotherhood, but definately as Ezio.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7112/asmyapprenticegodbillbo.jpg

Stowdace
10-21-2011, 12:36 AM
^Sending recruits to die in low success missions is much more subtle.

hrhtom
10-21-2011, 02:02 AM
no altažr has always been an assassins to do stuff on his own

SPOILER: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">i think thats why the brotherhood turned against him</span>

Sarari
10-21-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by hrhtom:
no altažr has always been an assassins to do stuff on his own

SPOILER: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">i think thats why the brotherhood turned against him</span>
When did they turn against him? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

hrhtom
10-21-2011, 06:11 AM
its a memory block in revelations

Beati_Paoli
10-21-2011, 06:22 AM
read the last crusade, alot of what we will be doing with altair is losely based off of that according to darby

InfectedNation
10-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Beati_Paoli:
read the last crusade, alot of what we will be doing with altair is losely based off of that according to darby

So they're basing the Altair missions on Indiana Jones now? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

hrhtom
10-21-2011, 08:33 AM
i think he is meaning this book

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Cru...arroll/dp/0931888670 (http://www.amazon.com/Last-Crusade-Warren-H-Carroll/dp/0931888670)

altažr did head for spain,cyprus to hide the apple

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by naran6142:

as for using the brotherhood system, maybe but i doubt it because i dont think we will be recruiting citizen as altair so there wont be recruits to use

just because we probably won't recruit people to become assassins like we do in ACB doesn't mean we won't have our own assassins, after defeat Al Mualim, Altair became the leader of the order, so he was in charge of some assassins...

LightRey
10-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

just because we probably won't recruit people to become assassins like we do in ACB doesn't mean we won't have our own assassins, after defeat Al Mualim, Altair became the leader of the order, so he was in charge of some assassins... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think we'll have actual recruits in the same way we do for Ezio, but he might be able to use signals in some of the memories.

agitatedchimp
10-21-2011, 09:23 AM
I think we will most likely be able to move to other cities such as acre. However i think they will be limited to what we can do. I also think that we wont have the brotherhood system of the guild however they will be envolved in many missions. I am also going to guess that the Altair missions are completely replayable

CholericCrest
10-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Im hoping there's an Altair memory block that is during his time as leader of the order while being young where you get to free roam a little and call in backup. Like at the end of AC1 where you could go visit the cities with all your abilities and just kill guards and stuff. As for the apprentice im thinking ubisoft will make it scripted where only at this time can you call them in. I know that ............*SPOILER*................ When he returns Malik's son and 20 other assassins are loyal to him so that could be one scripted part. .............*Spoiler Ends*............ Or maybe we can continue to play Altair as an old dude i mean **** he was 80 and was still a badass right? and hes like 10x better than ezio and look at 50 year old ezio hes better than he was when he was young. maybe Altair will use the apple to give him power or make him younger. Remember the codex pages? in one he says he goes back and looks at it one more time just to be sure. Ubisoft better not ruin all the cool new stuff by not distributing it out amongst both stories. AND BULL ON THE ONE HOUR. Seriously? an hour? you expect to make Altairs final story one hour? I could take a longer more interesting than ubisoft's story for altair.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or post in all CAPS. Thanks</span>

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 02:28 AM
the time they have based that on is there own game testers

de sync a few times and it may take 2

masterfenix2009
10-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by BLUEdevil96:
Im hoping there's an Altair memory block that is during his time as leader of the order while being young where you get to free roam a little and call in backup. Like at the end of AC1 where you could go visit the cities with all your abilities and just kill guards and stuff. As for the apprentice im thinking ubisoft will make it scripted where only at this time can you call them in. I know that ............*SPOILER*................ When he returns Malik's son and 20 other assassins are loyal to him so that could be one scripted part. .............*Spoiler Ends*............ Or maybe we can continue to play Altair as an old dude i mean **** he was 80 and was still a badass right? and hes like 10x better than ezio and look at 50 year old ezio hes better than he was when he was young. maybe Altair will use the apple to give him power or make him younger. Remember the codex pages? in one he says he goes back and looks at it one more time just to be sure. Ubisoft better not ruin all the cool new stuff by not distributing it out amongst both stories. AND BULL ON THE ONE HOUR. Seriously? an hour? you expect to make Altairs final story one hour? I could take a longer more interesting than ubisoft's story for altair. Swearing is against the rules. Just a helpful tip, so you wont get banned.

ShaneO7K
10-23-2011, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

just because we probably won't recruit people to become assassins like we do in ACB doesn't mean we won't have our own assassins, after defeat Al Mualim, Altair became the leader of the order, so he was in charge of some assassins... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think we'll have actual recruits in the same way we do for Ezio, but he might be able to use signals in some of the memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can definitely see that feature being slightly forced possibly in the final few seals when he is trying to retake Masyaf with him being old etc.

Jexx21
10-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Blue, Altiar and Ezio are equals, and Altiar was actually a pretty bad fighter at 80.

At the pinnacle of their Assassin Careers, I think that both Altair and Ezio were pretty equal and that Altair was '10x better'.

I honestly have no idea how people get the idea that Altair is better than Ezio. I think it's because they think he was trained for much much longer than Ezio, which actually isn't true. Altair started at around 13 yrs old, Ezio started when he was 17. That's just a 4 year difference. Not to mention that Ezio was being trained by his brother and father since his younger years to free run, and Ezio did get in fights with daggers and the such.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Ezio - Better free runner
Altair - Better Fighter

BUT we only had 1 game for altair, Ezio got more features, lets just compare the two of them with a sword. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dxsxhxcx
10-23-2011, 10:31 AM
discuss who is better is pointless and is something only based on personal opinion, AC1 and AC2/B are different games with different features (regarding combat), there's no way to compare who is better in combat unless Altair and Ezio fight each other, what never is going to happen...

the only fact is that they made the combat in AC2/ACB easier than AC1 by giving a lot of resources to Ezio to defeat an entire army by himself without improving the "other side" at the same rate, this doesn't mean Ezio is better than Altair or that Altair is better than Ezio because he were able to do the same without the same resources, this is just the consequence of an unbalanced feature in AC2/ACB...

Sarari
10-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Will all Altair sequences be only in Masyaf?

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
discuss who is better is pointless and is something only based on personal opinion, AC1 and AC2/B are different games with different features (regarding combat), there's no way to compare who is better in combat unless Altair and Ezio fight each other, what never is going to happen...

the only fact is that they made the combat in AC2/ACB easier than AC1 by giving a lot of resources to Ezio to defeat an entire army by himself without improving the "other side" at the same rate, this doesn't mean Ezio is better than Altair or that Altair is better than Ezio because he were able to do the same without the same resources, this is just the consequence of an unbalanced feature in AC2/ACB...

Actually we can compare, and i said that we can do it only by the sword gameplay, since its the most used weapon by altair while you free roam.
In AC1 if you attack a guard you can do that "deadly move" if you hit the attack button after your sword touches the other, killing instantainly the guard.
However, with Ezio its not possible to do it so easily cuz the guard has to be or distracted with another foe or with low health.
The only way to succsfully do this with Ezio is in ACB with the "kick in the stomach" trick.

Sarari
10-23-2011, 05:39 PM
That's one reason I like AC1 combat more. Also, that stomach kick was so unrealistic and was to quick. Not that AC is realistic at all, but what guy can stand 5 feet away from a guard and just jump 5 feet and kick him in the nuts while the guard is wearing armor there and Ezio has no armor on his knees.......just didn't make sense to me.

naran6142
10-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Actually we can compare, and i said that we can do it only by the sword gameplay, since its the most used weapon by altair while you free roam.
In AC1 if you attack a guard you can do that "deadly move" if you hit the attack button after your sword touches the other, killing instantainly the guard.
However, with Ezio its not possible to do it so easily cuz the guard has to be or distracted with another foe or with low health.
The only way to succsfully do this with Ezio is in ACB with the "kick in the stomach" trick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there really isn't any point to comparing cuz you would actually need them to fight each other

if you think about it like this, altair has never actually been hit while in combat but ezio can wipe out an army in about a minute... so they r kinda even

Moultonborough
10-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Will all Altair sequences be only in Masyaf?

No, although we have no specific info about it. But I doubt it still where ever they take place I don't think we can free roam too much.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 05:45 PM
That's one reason I like AC1 combat more. Also, that stomach kick was so unrealistic and was to quick. Not that AC is realistic at all, but what guy can stand 5 feet away from a guard and just jump 5 feet and kick him in the nuts while the guard is wearing armor there and Ezio has no armor on his knees.......just didn't make sense to me.

Thats why i always wondered why the hell my assassins have so much health and the BRUTES have so low health.
There should be a counter kick, they grab your leg kick you in the nuts and you dysinch.

PS:YES! its a fact you will dysinch after the counter because Desmond exists! xD

Sarari
10-23-2011, 05:47 PM
But noone has answered my question. Will we play in different cities in Altair sequences?

naran6142
10-23-2011, 05:52 PM
But noone has answered my question. Will we play in different cities in Altair sequences?

no one answers cuz we dont know

we will have to wait for more info or just till the game comes out

Moultonborough
10-23-2011, 05:53 PM

Like I said we don't know for sure. But most likely though I don't think we will have free roam with him.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 05:57 PM

Maybe not different cities, but different times.
Maybe we will see Masyaf get older and lonely too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sarari
10-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Is Masyaf abandoned when Ezio visits it?

Moultonborough
10-23-2011, 06:01 PM

Besides the first time we are there? Most likely it will be. But again we can't know for sure till it comes out.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Besides the first time we are there? Most likely it will be. But again we can't know for sure till it comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IT IS abandoned.
Darby or Falko said that Masyaf was taken by the templars recently and that its a empty, abandoned and sad place.
The templars are not living there because its cool, no, they are just there to get the hidden treasure.

Sarari
10-23-2011, 07:17 PM
That is actually pretty sad, literally. A once crowded village is now empty and lonely http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Moultonborough
10-23-2011, 08:24 PM
That is actually pretty sad, literally. A once crowded village is now empty and lonely http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

It's not too uncommon. Look at Prypiat for example a whole city now deserted.

Sarari
10-23-2011, 09:02 PM
It's not too uncommon. Look at Prypiat for example a whole city now deserted.
Whoa......first time I heard about the city. It looks like there was a huge disaster. Kinda reminds me of I Am Legend.

What happened? When did this happen? Where is this city? And how old is it?

Moultonborough
10-23-2011, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's not too uncommon. Look at Prypiat for example a whole city now deserted.
Whoa......first time I heard about the city. It looks like there was a huge disaster. What happened? When did this happen? Where is this city? And how old is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Chernobyl nuclear disaster. It happened in April 1986. You should research it, it's my personal favorite.

Jexx21
10-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Look up the STALKER series. I haven't played them personally, but it has a lot to do with Chernobyl.

Serrachio
10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Thats why i always wondered why the hell my assassins have so much health and the BRUTES have so low health.
There should be a counter kick, they grab your leg kick you in the nuts and you dysinch.

PS:YES! its a fact you will dysinch after the counter because Desmond exists! xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt one kick would really make them impotent, and I really don't think that they would let them do it either.

I guess it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to have a counter-kick where they grab the leg and pull them off their feet/sweep their feet from under them. It would be like the Sweep special of spears, but maybe they can add dodging into it so that Ezio/AC3 Descendant can roll out of the way along the ground.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's not too uncommon. Look at Prypiat for example a whole city now deserted.
Whoa......first time I heard about the city. It looks like there was a huge disaster. What happened? When did this happen? Where is this city? And how old is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Chernobyl nuclear disaster. It happened in April 1986. You should research it, it's my personal favorite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ugh, I hate that disaster. It's too often used to slander nuclear power. Stupid Soviets and their out-dated, poorly regulated nuclear facilities.

Moultonborough
10-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:

The Chernobyl nuclear disaster. It happened in April 1986. You should research it, it's my personal favorite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ugh, I hate that disaster. It's too often used to slander nuclear power. Stupid Soviets and their out-dated, poorly regulated nuclear facilities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, it single handily destroyed the reputation of Nuclear power. Though the currently ongoing Japan disaster which is rated the same as the Chernobyl accident is not helping.

EDIT: We should probably move this to the off topic thread.