PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?!!

FatalForcer
11-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I just got the game, and I'm having a heck of a time climbing, which is something I would expect to feel like second-nature in a game based on climbing stuff. I have tried racing my brother to the top of the Church about 20 times, and on the rare occasion when I can reach the first part of the roof before he does, I try to climb up to the top, only to watch Ezio do a stupid wall kick as his brother passes him to the top. I'm used to playing games like Infamous and Uncharted, where climbing is so effortless. Even Assassin's Creed 1 was effortless.
This is what I'm doing: I'm pressing R1 to run to the building adjacent to the church, then I climb up the window by pressing UP + X. (sometimes he doesn't climb here either, he just grabs the wall and stands there like a ******.) Then I reach a balcony in that building and I run and jump across to the church. This is where I usually meet up with the brother at the same time, and for some reason, I cannot get Ezio to climb further. He just does the stupid wall kick.

Azugo
11-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Lol. That's funny. :P

Try sprinting to the right side of the church (Hold R1 + X) and he should just climb up there... It's very easy.

thekyle0
11-26-2009, 09:17 AM
It's best to follow the brother on the route he takes. However, shortly after running over the beams he will take a wider route to the left. At this point turn immediately toward the objective and and you should be able to beat him by a lot.

rknall
11-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Don't run up the staked boxes, but run across the place towards the church, and climb it directly

Takes some getting used to controls, but will cetrainly lead you to win this reace.

But I should warn you, if this bothers you already, stay away from the assassin's tombs, they will kill you

Smellyhobo101
11-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Wow maybe you should learn the controls? You cant just make them up you know. Dont follow him, just run directly to the church and climb up. If you cant even manage to do this return the game.

Silhouelle
11-26-2009, 08:10 PM
This is how I do it: I stand infront of the brother at the boxes -before the cutscene-, so when he counts down from three, he cannot get up onto the boxes and beams ahead of me. So I run up those jump onto the first roof, then over onto the suspended construction... plank, or whatever, to the second roof and over to the church.

If you're having problems with the controls, simply start a new game, do the fighting part but instead of talking to the brother after the looting segment, just run around and climb stuff until you get the feel for the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

trellan
12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I think you're hitting the run button too many times. When you want to start climbing, be careful to only hit X once, or you'll just use the wall as a springboard. Jumping off the wall us sometimes useful in reaching a place to start climbing, but if you're used to the original Assassin's Creed, you might have to unlearn what turn's out to be a bad habit in A. C. II.

An_Idea
12-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
It's best to follow the brother on the route he takes. However, shortly after running over the beams he will take a wider route to the left. At this point turn immediately toward the objective and and you should be able to beat him by a lot.

no no no no, just run up to the front of the church, and climb up the whole thing, fastest way to do it, and most likely the easiest, i beat my brother before he even gets to the church roof

Edengoth
12-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Don't forget to hold R1 while you scale a building. Ezio has the fast-climb advantage over Altair. This is probably why you're losing the race.

goldnknight22
12-09-2009, 03:31 PM
JUST HOLD R1 + X the entire time to sprint and climb whatever it is you encounter.

The dude clearly doesn't know the buttons. Don't confuse him with different routes. ONce he can climb correctly, he'll be fine. lol.