PDA

View Full Version : Mod Idea? ( I know one of many)

pmckelvy
08-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Like a good deal of you I suspect, I've been to sea a bit. Gulf of Alaska, Bearing and such but I digress. The stock water model is not too bad, best I've seen anyway but just curious on if any of you agree. I would love to see the waves that make it to the conn break into spray off the tower. Not sure if it would be too difficult or not, with collision models and such, but I think it would add so much. I might spend the midwatch in realtime on watch just to ride it out. I would have to imagine that on a skinny beam boat such as a VII that had to be a hell of a ride.

Mac Out

pmckelvy
08-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Like a good deal of you I suspect, I've been to sea a bit. Gulf of Alaska, Bearing and such but I digress. The stock water model is not too bad, best I've seen anyway but just curious on if any of you agree. I would love to see the waves that make it to the conn break into spray off the tower. Not sure if it would be too difficult or not, with collision models and such, but I think it would add so much. I might spend the midwatch in realtime on watch just to ride it out. I would have to imagine that on a skinny beam boat such as a VII that had to be a hell of a ride.

Mac Out

JU88
08-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah, its knit picking - but it would also be nice if the watch crew didnt act like a bunch of binocular equiped shop manaquins with there shoes welded to the deck in rough seas.

Too much detail and human behaviour could be bad though, imagine you suddenly get attacked by a DD from 500 meters away in clear weather, you check the watch crew to what the hell they are doing....

....one of them is franically scrathing his crabs, the watch officer is stoned and playing poker with his imaginary friend ...and the other two are playing 'how-high-can-you-throw-and-catch-the-UZO-with-out-it-going-in-the-sea'.