PDA

View Full Version : afew noob questions

boogaloo22
05-08-2007, 04:53 PM
firstly my appologies if any of these questions have been covered elsewhere (if searched the forum).
Secondly its great to be back!(just bought il2 1946!)after afew years away.

anyway.
1)is it possible to find out durring the mission if you have completed the primary and secondary goals?
2)how do you select/change waypoints? in flight
3)is it worth investing in a track ir? and would it attach to the monitor of my laptop?

thanks

VW-IceFire
05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
1) Only if you pay attention to the 'Primary objective accomplished' (and so forth) messages that appear on the screen. If you haven't then no.

2) If you're the flight leader you can order your flight to head to the next waypoint (or the previous).

3) Don't have one...couldn't tell ya.

Best of luck!

boogaloo22
05-08-2007, 05:23 PM
sorry these messages are often easy to miss in the heat of battle,is ther any kind of message log?
thanks

Taylortony
05-08-2007, 05:35 PM
you can bring up the running messages if you miss one with control and tab I think, but your controls will freeze when open, you can edit the likes of time of day in there too when running your own server etc http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bearcat99
05-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by boogaloo22:
firstly my appologies if any of these questions have been covered elsewhere (if searched the forum).
Secondly its great to be back!(just bought il2 1946!)after afew years away.

anyway.
1)is it possible to find out durring the mission if you have completed the primary and secondary goals?

You will have to watch for the messages. The objective complete message is NOT the same as the text of the AI chat that annoyingly flashes across the screen. THAT you can get rid of actually byt going into your config file which is located at: <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946</span>

Look for a file named conf.. open it up and scroll down the this section:
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.65
mapPadY=0.40416667
viewSet=40
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=1
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=1
NoLensFlare=1
iconTypes=3
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=1
SubTitlesLines=4
ClearCache=1
TypeClouds=1
3dgunners=0</span>

Change No Subtitles=0 to a 1.

2)how do you select/change waypoints? in flight

What Ice Fire said....

3)is it worth investing in a track ir? and would it attach to the monitor of my laptop?

Absolutely.... and I believe the TIR4 will mount to your laptop. Although in spite of some of the powerful laptops coming out.. I still think this sim runs best on a PC.

thanks

boogaloo22
05-09-2007, 07:42 AM
wow thanks for all the constructive advice.The track ir should be with me by friday thanks to your recomendation.il try disabling the subtitles like you suggested.my laptop system never fails to amaze me in terms of its performance compared to a comparable desk top system, doubt il be saying that in a years time though!

WWSpinDry
05-09-2007, 07:44 AM
With ref to #3: My TIR4 sits perfectly atop my laptop screen, not a problem. My TIR2 did, also, but needed a bit of creative leg bending. Yes, you really will be happy you got it.