PDA

View Full Version : Anyone help? Question regarding voicepacks

bluesman69uk
12-20-2004, 07:10 AM
Don't know whether this is a bug or not. When in QMB and flying for the R.A.F I set up another squad USAAF . When engaging the enemy and shooting them down I get my kill confirmed in a RAF accent even though I am flying alone with only the Americans nearby. Does in not work in such a way that you would get the American voice pack to come through instead. Just curious to know how this works or if it can be changed in the settings file.

Thanks for reading

Blues http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-20-2004, 10:07 AM
I don't know but, it is possible that both nations in FB (GB and USA) uses the same voicepack.

ZG77_Lignite
12-20-2004, 04:12 PM
I believe, for the QMB at least, the game can only look in one voice folder (pack) at a time, and of course it looks in the folder the player is flying, thus all aircraft will use those voices.

As a side note, and to confuse the issue, while flying a German Leningrad campaign (homebrewed DGen), I believe I heard both Finnish ('other' flights) and German (my flight) voices. This I can't explain, beyond the fact I may be an idiot.

Skycat_2
12-20-2004, 11:37 PM
The question is, what version of the game are you playing?

I haven't gotten PF yet, so I'm using FB/AEP. With FB/AEP there wasn't a separate British voice pack (just the American English) so I added Extreme_One's RAF campaign with voice pack ... if this is what you did, or something similar, perhaps the British .wavs replaced the American .wavs in the US speech folder?

I'm guessing that you're using PF, though, which does come with British voices -- I can't confirm technical issues there. All I can suggest is that you confirm the nationality you have assigned to your flight (ships 1-4) and any other flights on your side; you can mix-and-match nationalities of flights. In FB/AEP, I've set up multinational formations so that in combat I hear chatter of four different languages.

Skycat_2
12-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Darn it, I just re-read your post and now I understand what you said! Okay, you're flying RAF but the only nearby fighters are USAAF and you hear an RAF voice confirming your kill ...

It doesn't matter if you're flying as part of a multinational coalition; you'll always hear kill confirmations in the same language that you're flying. Also, even if there are absolutely no friendly planes around, you'll still hear the confirmation. (Start a QMB mission as the only plane against a sitting duck bomber, for example, I think you'll still hear a vocal confirmation.) The theory is, I believe, you wouldn't get credit for a kill in real life without independant verification from a squad mate, so the game just 'builds in' the verification. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bluesman69uk
12-21-2004, 03:47 AM
Thanks guys and Skycat 2 for your replies! By the way im using PF installed over FB and AEP.

Cheers and a Merry Christmas

Blues http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif