PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Hunt mode and Kill-Streak Question...

Starsfan1009
01-18-2011, 10:24 AM
First off, does anybody have any new information on the Treasure Hunt mode (or whatever the formal name will be once it's added) since it was announced in the INFO section on the ACB multiplayer menu? I know that one team defends treasure and the other team steals it (and then you probably switch) but is it like Manhunt except that you can KILL each other instead of being able to stun?

Secondly, I have a question about the kill-streaks. I'm Level 44 and so I have all the kill-streak bonuses unlocked like 300+ points or 750+ points. I was wondering...if you choose the 750+ kill streak where you have to kill 5 or 7 people in a row, does it give you the other 300+ kill streak for killing 3 people in a row? (similar to COD) or do you only get the bonus for the one you choose to use? Hope that makes sense, and thanks for any feedback!

May the creed guide you to truth...

Lyleator
01-18-2011, 10:28 AM
You'll only get the bonus for the Streak you've selected, sadly

EscoBlades
01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Starsfan1009:
First off, does anybody have any new information on the Treasure Hunt mode (or whatever the formal name will be once it's added) since it was announced in the INFO section on the ACB multiplayer menu? I know that one team defends treasure and the other team steals it (and then you probably switch) but is it like Manhunt except that you can KILL each other instead of being able to stun?

From here (http://xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/01/18/assassins-creed-brotherhood-2nd-free-dlc-expected-today/)

“Chest Capture is a team based game mode. It pits two teams against one another; one as Attackers, whose job it is to attempt to steal a number of chests dotted around the map. The other team are the Protectors, and they have to prevent the attacking team from opening the chests. The Attackers can only stun and humiliate the Protectors while going for Chest Captures. On the other hand, the Protectors can kill the Attackers if they identify them. This game mode will see new tactics and strategies being employed to an already diverse multiplayer set.”

Starsfan1009
01-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks for answering! Seems like Chest Capture is going bring some new challenges to the MP. I would guess that standing close to a chest might not be the best way to protect the treasure. I'm really looking forward to it...hope it comes out within the next week or so.

luth411
01-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks for answering! Seems like Chest Capture is going bring some new challenges to the MP. I would guess that standing close to a chest might not be the best way to protect the treasure. I'm really looking forward to it...hope it comes out within the next week or so.

It's being released today

DeanOMiite
01-18-2011, 01:00 PM

I hope you're right about standing next to a chest not being the best way to protect it. Cuz I mean...with assassinate having priority over stun, I can see a bunch of protectors just standing over the chest and mashing the kill button...unless there are more chests than protectors or at least AS MANY chest as protectors...that would be good.

Starsfan1009
01-18-2011, 01:10 PM
HOORAY for surprise DLC to the noobs who aren't quick with the ACB uptake (namely, myself). Going to be playing it all evening if I can.