PDA

View Full Version : bug in FMB with B-17 ?

VVS-Manuc
02-12-2004, 05:50 AM
1.) B-17 with a loadout set to "standard" let bomb bay doors closed and doesn't drop any bombs (standard loadout for a bomber should be with bombs...)

2.) Normandy map 2 (not tested with other of the new maps): You have only max. 8 x B-17 (2 groups with 4 planes each)in a mission created with FMB, even if you put 3 or more groups on the mission builder map. In other maps (tested with the Berlin map) there is no probleman you can see 12, 16 or more bombers in flight

VVS-Manuc
02-12-2004, 05:50 AM
1.) B-17 with a loadout set to "standard" let bomb bay doors closed and doesn't drop any bombs (standard loadout for a bomber should be with bombs...)

2.) Normandy map 2 (not tested with other of the new maps): You have only max. 8 x B-17 (2 groups with 4 planes each)in a mission created with FMB, even if you put 3 or more groups on the mission builder map. In other maps (tested with the Berlin map) there is no probleman you can see 12, 16 or more bombers in flight

blabla0001
02-12-2004, 06:02 AM
Standard loadout is with machine guns ammo but no bombs.

Why should standard loadout be with bombs anyway?

VVS-Manuc
02-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Why not?...for bombers?

blabla0001
02-12-2004, 08:24 AM
I prefer it like this, during the daylight raids several B17 bombers where packed with extra ammo and no bombs and flew on the outside to cover the other B17's, this way you can simulate that a bit.

Just to name an option.

Or another one, I have made a mission where you have to intercept bomber re-inforcements before they can get to their airfield.
It would seem rather odd if they would be loaded with bombs.

VW-IceFire
02-12-2004, 04:58 PM
As I understand it...thats the way the code works. Standard is cannon and machine guns only, bombs for bombs (and standard ammo), None is for no weapons at all, and so on. It doesn't take more than 10 seconds to give four wings of B-17's a loadout of 500lb bombs.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
The New IL2 Database is Coming Soon!